Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Louisville Slugger

What's your worst case scenario?

Recommended Posts

NFL Net this morning were comparing Sony Michel to Alvin Kamara from last year's draft. And they talked about him being the 3rd leading rusher in Georgia history which of course includes Hershel and Gurley among many other greats. And that is running behind Chubb part of that time. They all kept saying how impressive the 7.9 ypc in the SEC.

My dark horse for this year is coming into the light the closer we get to this draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I don't get the L. Jackson hate. He's a better passer than Allen. He has a ton of potential and he would get atleast a free year to sit and learn behind tyrod.

I know using 1 or 4 isn't ideal but if we trade back a little or take him at 33 then how that is a bad thing. He is a better prospect than Watson last year and I'm sure you guys wish we had that pick back. For the record I wasn't a fan of Watson either

Big difference. If we had picked him he'd be in a bed at University Hospitals instead of SMU or wherever.

:lol:

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Missing the Draft because my in-laws are in town...
  2. A QB not named Rosen...
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

worst case scenario: drafting kickers with the #1 and #4 pick.  Alternative worst case: trading out of the top spots and drafting the leftover QB with pick #22. 

Best case scenario?  For me, Mayfield/Fitzpatrick but I am OK with Darnold at #1.  Rosen is the best QB but I can't see him staying healthy on the Browns.  #4 there are lots of great players to choose from, I say Fitzpatrick because of the need but if Chubb is still there he'd be hard to pass up on, and I wouldn't mind Saquon Barkley just to see Po's reaction.  Exciting draft for sure, when was the last time the Browns had 2 picks within the top 5?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly not at number one but almost. Who wouldn't like to have Ray Guy?

Worst case would be a trade down and pick up a quarterback in the second or third. 

I'm okay with Sam Darnold at number 1 but my gut says Rosen and my heart says Mayfield.

After that I'm okay with Fitzpatrick or Barkley. He actually does have Bark right there in his name.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have our QB for next 2 yrs at least, and we have plenty of picks from R2 on.  Thus no need for #1 or #4 this year.  Trade both of them for a plethora of only #1 picks:  3 this year, 2 more in 2019, and 2 more in 2020.  That would give us 3 R1 in each of the next 3 drafts.  Should be easy to find our next QB with one of those, even if we have to use a lower pick or two to move up at some time in next couple years.

So we start by trading #4 to Bills, assuring them Mayfield or Allen at worst, for their 12/22 plus their 2019 first.  Then offer Broncos our #1 for their #5 this year, along with their 1st in following 2 years.  And they get their pick of QBs this year.  If Broncos aren't interested, then we trade our #4 with any other team that still needs a QB, worst case being Cardinals at 15, or Dolphins at 11.

So as long as one of the trades ends up being with Bills, then Browns end up with:

2018 - 5, 12, 22

2019 - 3 R1 picks

2020 - 2 R1 picks

That would be trading 2 first rounders for 6 first rounders.  

* The question we have to ask ourselves is:  Would we be willing to sacrifice 5 first round draft picks in exchange for picking our 'future' QB in the coming draft?  Would any team give up that much for a "possible" franchise QB?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

NFL Net this morning were comparing Sony Michel to Alvin Kamara from last year's draft. And they talked about him being the 3rd leading rusher in Georgia history which of course includes Hershel and Gurley among many other greats. And that is running behind Chubb part of that time. They all kept saying how impressive the 7.9 ypc in the SEC.

My dark horse for this year is coming into the light the closer we get to this draft.

Michel’s not 3rd or anywhere close dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Michel’s not 3rd or anywhere close dude. 

Well go argue that with the NFL Network. About the 5:20 mark

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

We have our QB for next 2 yrs at least, and we have plenty of picks from R2 on.  Thus no need for #1 or #4 this year.  Trade both of them for a plethora of only #1 picks:  3 this year, 2 more in 2019, and 2 more in 2020.  That would give us 3 R1 in each of the next 3 drafts.  Should be easy to find our next QB with one of those, even if we have to use a lower pick or two to move up at some time in next couple years.

So we start by trading #4 to Bills, assuring them Mayfield or Allen at worst, for their 12/22 plus their 2019 first.  Then offer Broncos our #1 for their #5 this year, along with their 1st in following 2 years.  And they get their pick of QBs this year.  If Broncos aren't interested, then we trade our #4 with any other team that still needs a QB, worst case being Cardinals at 15, or Dolphins at 11.

So as long as one of the trades ends up being with Bills, then Browns end up with:

2018 - 5, 12, 22

2019 - 3 R1 picks

2020 - 2 R1 picks

That would be trading 2 first rounders for 6 first rounders.  

* The question we have to ask ourselves is:  Would we be willing to sacrifice 5 first round draft picks in exchange for picking our 'future' QB in the coming draft?  Would any team give up that much for a "possible" franchise QB?

 

I take back what I said earlier: this is my worst case scenario. 

At some point we have to try to win the games and not draft picks.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well go argue that with the NFL Network. About the 5:20 mark

 

 

  1. 5,259 – Herschel Walker, 1980-82 (SEC Record)
  2. 3,424 – Nick Chubb, 2014-
  3. 3,285 – Todd Gurley, 2012-14
  4. 3,232 – Garrison Hearst, 1990-92
  5. 3,017 – Lars Tate, 1984-87
  6. 2,734 – Knowshon Moreno, 2007-08
  7. 2,668 – Rodney Hampton, 1987-89
  8. 2,646 – Thomas Brown, 2004-07
  9. 2,581 – Kevin McLee, 1975-77
  10. 2,411 – Sony Michel, 2014-

https://www.sicemdawgs.com/uga-football-records/rushing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wargograw said:

 

  1. 5,259 – Herschel Walker, 1980-82 (SEC Record)
  2. 3,424 – Nick Chubb, 2014-
  3. 3,285 – Todd Gurley, 2012-14
  4. 3,232 – Garrison Hearst, 1990-92
  5. 3,017 – Lars Tate, 1984-87
  6. 2,734 – Knowshon Moreno, 2007-08
  7. 2,668 – Rodney Hampton, 1987-89
  8. 2,646 – Thomas Brown, 2004-07
  9. 2,581 – Kevin McLee, 1975-77
  10. 2,411 – Sony Michel, 2014-

https://www.sicemdawgs.com/uga-football-records/rushing

She got it wrong then. Shame on Kay. However having watched both Chubb and Michel up against the same defenses several times this year, Sony is the better back. That is reflected in just about every recent mock draft I've seen. Her comparison to Kamara is a good one. I thought he was a steal last year and that has proved out so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quality over Quantity..getting young talent reps last season must pay off in upcoming.We still sit with 9 picks.Still 5 in top 64.We sit with no 3rd round picks adding a much needed Tyrod..bridge or bridge-less? One 4th 4.14(114). One 5th,5.13(150).Two 6th Rounds 6.1(175) & 6.31(205). Pick 33 or 35 should turn into another 1st rounder. With talent getting pushed down the board, highly due to QB reaching madness..The 4th,5th & Two 6ths should get us a pair of darts landing back up into 3rd round or 4th..Your board is set-up with talent up top..Use it & go get it, regardless of position.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Suomi said:

Trading down from both 1 and 4. Possible?  Only if Sashi was GM.

No... not possible...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×