THE BROWNS BOARD

Darnold at #1?

Babernakle

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

2 concussions in 2.5 seasons = wes welker? 

Point taken; a little bit of hyperbole on my part, but I think you get the gist of my point. Concussions are definitely a concern when it comes to Rosen

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Not sure that the Crow, who isn't that good anyway, isn't going to hold us up. And Barkley really might be the best of a good long time. Elite running back really would be nice to have.

WSS

Crows done, steve. We picked up Carlos Hyde. We're going into the season with hyde and duke which sounds fine to me. 

Darnold if he gets the right coaching (which I think Haley will be great for) has the tools to be an elite QB. As has been noted, turnovers are something you can clean up, but the way this kid throws the football is a thing of beauty. It's also something to see how slithery he is to get out of danger. And knowing that we actually have a viable QB to start the season? Not bad at all.

Also, per a USC Staffer:

USC staffer: Hey guys, the weather patterns show that it’s gonna start raining right when we’re getting ready to throw. So we’re gonna move everything around, and have you throw before it rains and then have the o-line/d-line workout in the rain.
Darnold: Why are we doing that?
USC staffer: Well, so you don’t have to throw in the rain.
Darnold, looking to Palmer: No, we’ll just throw in the rain, right?
Palmer: Yeah.
Darnold: Perfect. I don’t care if it rains. I’m trying to go to Cleveland

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

darren................So like all prior Browns QB's he is about to be crucified?:P

As long as he performs a few miracles first ....like win a game :)

37 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Crows done, steve. We picked up Carlos Hyde. We're going into the season with hyde and duke which sounds fine to me. 

Steve-ketchup baby tomato.:P He's a jet, jet, jet for a week now.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Jets-Sign-RB-Isaiah-Crowell/eee3d3af-5381-4649-907f-80c4486fc892

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well I just hope they put their heads together and guess correctly. It still seems to me that the consensus is that Rosen is more ready to play in the NFL that the other three. Of course it also seems like a pretty tight race and if he really is reluctant to play for the Browns that might have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I almost always have a clear front runner what it comes to quarterback selection and now that we sit on the top of the pile it's not that clear.

WSS

According to NFL.com it's not close at all, where Darnold is rated the best QB prospect for many years.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position

Darnold 7.0

Trubisky 6.3

Wentz 6.5

Winston 6.7

Mariotta 6.2 (Mod edit) 

Bortles 6.2

4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

According to NFL.com it's not close at all, where Darnold is rated the best QB prospect for many years.

Good to know. Still anything make these guys superior in their evaluations to anybody else?

For instance what was their top 10 or 20 last year?

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

Good to know. Still anything make these guys superior in their evaluations to anybody else?

WSS

Na not at all, I was just putting it out there for reference

23 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

God Bless a sportswriter that ran out of #2 pencils!! The Darnold showed up in baggy azz shorts & a baseball ball cap visor for rain & could still sell oatmeal in TV commercials:lol:..Sure (by choice) Sam threw to his uncovered WR core..Does not change the scoreboard for Barkley nor Darnold against the Buckeyes..Rosen seemed to outplay Darnold on the field too in a matchup? Than Rosen put a ball cap on..on the sidelines..Sam seems to be the darling QB pick of many..the safest..but many twisters, till draftday  

Notice, though - UCLA had a list of ...13? offensive players available in the draft, most of them seniors....

and USC has... two? Ronald Jones II, rb, and Deonte Jones, WR. Playing with a bunch of seniors has to

be a big advantage.

Deontay Burnett WR 2018 Senior 0
Sam Darnold QB 2018 Senior 0
Rasheem Green DT 2018 Senior 0
Ronald Jones II RB 2018 Senior 0
Uchenna Nwosu OLB 2018 Senior 0

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well he will have a good relationship with Mary Magdalene Kay.:D

It still might be a 2 horse race...we could still go with Josh The Baptist at QB ......later in the draft we could take Herod Landry

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

Playing with a bunch of seniors has to be a big advantage

Deontay Burnett WR 2018 Senior 0
Sam Darnold QB 2018 Senior 0
Rasheem Green DT 2018 Senior 0
Ronald Jones II RB 2018 Senior 0
Uchenna Nwosu OLB 2018 Senior 0

Mason Rudolph had 3 seniors on OL. 3 at WR..Baker Mayfield had jack bo dilly dilly in seniors at any position..1 OL,1 TE..

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Not sure that the Crow, who isn't that good anyway, isn't going to hold us up. And Barkley really might be the best of a good long time. Elite running back really would be nice to have.

WSS

We just signed Carlos Hyde for 5 million per year, Crow is gone.   You don't sign Hyde if you're planning on picking Barkley.   There aren't enough carries for both of them.

The more I think about it, if Chubb is gone by #4, I think the Browns are trading down. However, if he is there, they stay put and take him at #4. I just don't think the Browns value RBs as highly as the public. Now, I can very well see the Giants by trading JPP, trading down with the Bills where they can draft Davenport or Landry and pick up extra picks. They are switching to a 3-4 and Chubb does not fit that mold, but those guys do and they can be had in that range of 12-22. This actually makes a lot more sense. 

3 hours ago, darren15 said:

He was at dinner last night with the Browns......here is a photo taken

DY1_eRQV4AESIWn.jpg

Last Browns guy to the right ... who is this guy? Did Jamie Fox and Romeo Crennel have a love child?

Zombo

Archived