THE BROWNS BOARD

Veteran Backup QB Idea Kaepernick

Fireguy1427

Just throwing this out there... What if the Browns were to offer Kapernic a 3-4 year deal at veteran minimum with incentive bonuses. This incentives could include performance, community work, being a model teammate. This would essentially allow the QB we draft to sit as QB3 and in no way be thrust into starting due to injuries. Thoughts?

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🧐🤮🤮🧐🧐🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🧐🧐🤮🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

4 hours ago, Fireguy1427 said:

Just throwing this out there... What if the Browns were to offer Kapernic a 3-4 year deal at veteran minimum with incentive bonuses. This incentives could include performance, community work, being a model teammate. This would essentially allow the QB we draft to sit as QB3 and in no way be thrust into starting due to injuries. Thoughts?

http://www.gballard.net/lifes_lessons/girl_rattlesnake/

5 hours ago, Fireguy1427 said:

No.

The Browns don’t need a circus for what would amount to a third string QB.

Depends on what the Browns want in terms of a QB room on their roster.

We will have  TT....plus they did sign Hogan to an extension,  plus they will draft a guy clearly...plus they still have  Kessler on the roster.

The only way to have Kaep here is if they decide they want two veterans, plus their draft pick only.......and to get rid of both Kessler and Hogan.

I doubt that that is their intent at this point. 

9 hours ago, Fireguy1427 said:

Congratulations, Homo, your very first post is the worst post in the 15+ year history of the Browns Board.

Zombo

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

He has turned down back up money before I wouldn't be surprised if he turned down practice squad money or clipboard holding money. What's Richie Incognito doing these days if we truly need a team cancer?

WSS

I think he has been with the Bills the last few years...and playing well...and keeping his nose clean.    In checking...yes, he has been with the Bills now for 3 years....and started every game for them in that period.  And they made the playoffs last year for the first time since 1999.  So, he must not have been too "cancerous". 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/I/IncoRi20.htm

So...I guess things can go good for a so called trouble maker. 

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think he has been with the Bills the last few years...and playing well...and keeping his nose clean.    In checking...yes, he has been with the Bills now for 3 years....and started every game for them in that period.  And they made the playoffs last year for the first time since 1999.  So, he must not have been too "cancerous". 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/I/IncoRi20.htm

So...I guess things can go good for a so called trouble maker. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1129429-10-biggest-locker-room-cancers-in-nfl-history

Fair enough. So here's a list of guys we could lure away or out of retirement... :rolleyes:

WSS

58 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1129429-10-biggest-locker-room-cancers-in-nfl-history

Fair enough. So here's a list of guys we could lure away or out of retirement... :rolleyes:

WSS

Brandon Marshall is under contract somewhere...Jets I believe...and had been playing well., but I believed he suffered injuries.   Pacman Jones, I believe, has been released by the Bengals...

A few others:    Favre, Moss, T.O.   are in the HOF  (so...whatever they did didn't hurt their careers that much)

WR Steve Smith has retired...and could be headed to the HOF. 

Holmes  caught the TD to win the Super Bowl for the Squibs....

And the others are long in the tooth and retired. 

So...the only one that may apply to really is Jones.... who also may be retirement age.

As far as Kaep being a locker room cancer....I think it is the exact opposite.  I think the people he played with would not have that opinion.   Maybe a few  Administrators, and people who are afraid of a little free expression may think that....but not his fellow locker room mates. 

Kaep? No... and it has nothing to do with any off-field stuff.

Tyrod is our vet QB. We will draft our future QB who will backup Tyrod. Interjecting any QB between them only takes already limited practice reps from our future.

15 hours ago, Fireguy1427 said:

I get what you are saying and i agree we should pick up another vet cause Hogan and Kessler are pure garbage but kap ? ah no man I believe his N.F.L career ship has already sailed on by

7 minutes ago, syd said:

I get what you are saying and i agree we should pick up another vet cause Hogan and Kessler are pure garbage but kap ? ah no man I believe his N.F.L career ship has already sailed on by

Every team in the NFL has had an opportunity to pick Kaep up- and passed on him. Is he being blackballed? Possibly- but he has no place on the Browns. For all the reasons previously mentioned...  I'll add a couple- CK will be 31 this year, and Tie-Rod beats him in every statistical category, and is a couple years younger...  

2 minutes ago, Fireguy1427 said:

My only thought was he still has some talent and as a backup QB we hold the cards as to what to pay him if he wants to come back into the league. Rather have someone capable of starting than Kessler or Hogan and force our drafted QB to start. 

This year for the Browns isn't "Super Bowl or bust."  Kaep isn't even listed, he's so far out of it.... Plenty of bums to choose from if we just want a warm body to lose games instead of CK..  

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

16 hours ago, Fireguy1427 said:

My only thought was he still has some talent and as a backup QB we hold the cards as to what to pay him if he wants to come back into the league. Rather have someone capable of starting than Kessler or Hogan and force our drafted QB to start. 

I would likely rather have him than Kessler or Hogan.....but the Browns already signed Hogan....and will have TT and whomever they draft.  So there is just no room for him.

It's the worst idea in the history of professional sports.

Your going to trade for Tyrod Taylor, pay him a lot of money for a year and anoint him the starter.

Then your going to draft Sam Darnold #1 overall (or insert your favorite QB) and put the franchise on his shoulders, ready to start when he's ready.

And you're going to bring in Colin fucking Kaepernick to be the third QB?

John Dorsey is not mentally retarded. I repeat, he is not a mentally retarded man.

If Fire Island Guy starts another gay thread he will be tarred and feathered, stoned in the street and banished.

By the way, all we did with Kevin Hogan was a no-risk minimum tender. We are keeping him at the minimum we can possibly pay him. Hogan and Kessler are cheap, have experience, and will vie for the third spot, should we decide to keep three qbs.

Zombo

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

tarred and feathered, stoned in the street and banished.

a/k/a the Browns Board Welcome Wagon...

On 3/21/2018 at 12:19 AM, Fireguy1427 said:

Hell Yeah........................ This will continue the Fine V 2.0 tradition. 

30 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

I'd welcome him to the Browns. 

We're always looking for beer and hot dog vendors...  :lol:

I'm with Zombo on this- bringing in Kaep if not the worst- "bring him in, he's available" idea- it has to be in the top three. I hear Trent Richardson and Ray Rice are available too.   

Archived