THE BROWNS BOARD

All Saquon, all the Time...

hoorta

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

tumblr_m55c3jxQAp1qd1240o2_r1_250.gif

He just might after he gets a load of this: Everybody was there.  Jimmuh, Dorsey, Hue, Haley, Zampeze. Saquon's pro day? Maybe a scout or two. The pronouncement pre 2017 season "Suck for Sam" may well come to pass.    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/03/jimmy_haslam_attends_sam_darno.html

I have Po's address- should we send him a box of Terrible Towels to cry in?  

Po will be in D-Nile until April 26th when Roger announces...  "With the first pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Sam Darnold, quarterback USC." 

I wouldn't bore you guys- for every Saquon tribute, the thought crossed my mind- this guy needs equal time.. one for one, Sam is only a hundred or so behind.   :D 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

He just might after he gets a load of this: Everybody was there.  Jimmuh, Dorsey, Hue, Haley, Zampeze. Saquon's pro day? Maybe a scout or two. The pronouncement pre 2017 season "Suck for Sam" may well come to pass.    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/03/jimmy_haslam_attends_sam_darno.html

Po will be in D-Nile until April 26th when Roger announces...  "With the first pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Sam Darnold, quarterback USC." 

I wouldn't bore you guys- for every Saquon tribute, the thought crossed my mind- this guy needs equal time.. one for one, Sam is only a hundred or so behind.   :D 

This looks like something Shep would post.

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

This looks like something Shep would post.

Nah- just having a little fun... It could well be we don't take Darnold- but after today- you can tell what direction we're going in...  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Nah- just having a little fun... It could well be we don't take Darnold- but after today- you can tell what direction we're going in...  

Yep...we are drafting a QB at #1 like 99% of this board has been saying since the season ended (or earlier).  It's only the stupid or the trolls who have been thinking that anything else was in play at #1.   The signing of Hyde pretty much guaranteed that the Browns won't be taking a RB at 1 or 4 but the retarded continued to say that it doesn't mean anything and you can put a $5 mil per year guy sitting on the bench gettting 8 carries a game.  But only someone who was a troll or stupid would really believe that.

QB at 1 (likely Darnold) and then it could be a trade down at 4, or it's going to defense at 4 I think.

You guys are some funny Schmuckers, ya know that? 

What's even more funny is that some of you guys think that with 4 solid QBs- Rosen, Allen, Darnold and Mayfield, that somehow we're scraping up the leftovers with the 4th pick! That's Shmucking HILARIOUS... We're getting a fine QB at four- what's even better is giving that QB an outlet in Barkley where they aren't going to be the main focus. That is going to be the most successful strategy this draft.

You seem to think that we must take the first QB off the board- just to make yourself feel better to be able to say that you took the first QB off the board- but what if he doesn't play better than the other 4 guys that you passed on? ... it's going to get ugly. But I promise you, whatever QB we take will play better with Barkley in the backfield.

If you absolutely must have the piece of mind of drafting the first QB, just for the sake of taking the first QB... You draft Barkley #1 taking him out of the discussion at #2, with Barkley out of the equation this allows NY to trade back to 4- where they could take a QB, take Nelson or a different player, or trade back again for even more picks. 

And EVEN IF NY WON'T TRADE BACK- I'm just fine with any one of these QBs. Mayfield, Allen, Darnold or Rosen. Whatever. After watching Kizer all year, I'm fine with any of these guys. Like I said, they aren't helping us at all next year and it's STUPID to go 0-16 and say pass on Barkley with a straight face. Maybe the dumbest shitfaced comments I've ever read. 

6 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yep...we are drafting a QB at #1 like 99% of this board has been saying since the season ended (or earlier).  It's only the stupid or the trolls who have been thinking that anything else was in play at #1.   The signing of Hyde pretty much guaranteed that the Browns won't be taking a RB at 1 or 4 but the Retarded continued to say that it doesn't mean anything and you can put a $5 mil per year guy sitting on the bench gettting 8 carries a game.  But only someone who was a troll or stupid would really believe that.

QB at 1 (likely Darnold) and then it could be a trade down at 4, or it's going to defense at 4 I think.

Whatever.  You think the supermanlike juggernaut who had 47 yds vs Georgia st is getting stopped in the NFL? Rutgers holding him to 35 yds was simply a fluke. He was obviously missing one of his legs that day,  and had some tennis elbow. 

Every team that held him under 80 yds  was simply the Penn state oline not blocking the defense cuz they wanted to give other teams a chance. 

He just needs to actually try,  unlike the combine... Where he just sleep walked thru the entire thing.  Otherwise he was easily running a 4.13 after benching 52 reps.  While also broad jumping 49.25 ft

The whole thing is a big conspiracy.  He easily could've rushed for 2k plus yards if he wanted to. 

Nobody can stop him.... Except the 8 teams that held him under 100 yds.  

On 3/20/2018 at 8:55 PM, Orion said:

Can you imagine if we ever picked a RB at #1 overall?  With all of the QB position problems we've had since our return?  The store with the names on the jersey...that was getting all the publicity from it...they took the shirt down because it's just too painful to Browns fans.  And some think we should just take the one that falls to us.

Maybe we can start a jersey with the running back flops on it. 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

You guys are some funny Schmuckers, ya know that? 

What's even more funny is that some of you guys think that with 4 solid QBs- Rosen, Allen, Darnold and Mayfield, that somehow we're scraping up the leftovers with the 4th pick! That's Shmucking HILARIOUS... We're getting a fine QB at four- what's even better is giving that QB an outlet in Barkley where they aren't going to be the main focus. That is going to be the most successful strategy this draft.

You seem to think that we must take the first QB off the board- just to make yourself feel better to be able to say that you took the first QB off the board- but what if he doesn't play better than the other 4 guys that you passed on? ... it's going to get ugly. But I promise you, whatever QB we take will play better with Barkley in the backfield.

If you absolutely must have the piece of mind of drafting the first QB, just for the sake of taking the first QB... You draft Barkley #1 taking him out of the discussion at #2, with Barkley out of the equation this allows NY to trade back to 4- where they could take a QB, take Nelson or a different player, or trade back again for even more picks. 

And EVEN IF NY WON'T TRADE BACK- I'm just fine with any one of these QBs. Mayfield, Allen, Darnold or Rosen. Whatever. After watching Kizer all year, I'm fine with any of these guys. Like I said, they aren't helping us at all next year and it's STUPID to go 0-16 and say pass on Barkley with a straight face. Maybe the dumbest shitfaced comments I've ever read. 

:lol::lol::lol: You might be fine with any of the top four quarterbacks, but it's looking more and more like Dorsey & Company sure as hell aren't.  

Yup- the thought has never even entered your mind one of the four or so other top rated running backs just might equal Barkley's production. Just not possible, right? So if you're fine with any of the top four quarterbacks- just get it into your one track Barkley brain the majority of the rest of us are fine with any of the top four running backs not named Saquon this year. And we won't have to draft any of them #1 overall either. 

In case you haven't been following the news, the Giants just might take Quentin Nelson- GASP!!! a guard instead of your beloved Saquon- or another quarterback, OR- trade down with another team that does want a quarterback. We already know the Jets are taking a quarterback, so Saquon will be there at #4 in all likelihood. Or you miss that blurb I put up from Walter Football? So will a couple other guys that the Browns just might take instead of Super Saquon. So pull your head out of your azz, and figure things out. Though I doubt you're capable of rational thought on who it looks like we may currently draft in the top four.  Cleveland sent the entire Armada to Darnold's pro day, and didn't even send their running backs coach to Barkley's. 

I found something very interesting in this article besides the fact that we worked out Rosen and he is coming to Cleveland tomorrow (there is another article about that embedded in this one). The interesting thing is that the Giants also worked him out. So maybe they are also looking for Mannings eventual replacement. We may end up with a choice between Barkley, Chubb and Fitzgerald @ #4 if QBs go 1,2,3.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/21/report-browns-held-private-workout-with-josh-rosen-at-ucla/

EDIT: That turned out to be an old article on Rosen coming to Cleveland. That was after the combine so he's already been there.

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

His hope...and it is a fair hope, would be that the Giants don't take him....instead choosing one of the QBs.  Or that they trade the #2 pick that does want one of the QBs.   So...if QBs go  1,2,3...as they may....then the Dog will be there.....and the Browns would have  shot at him.

No....what will send Needlenose Ned to the tissue box is the fact that....if indeed he is there.....the Browns go elsewhere, like to Chubb or Fitzpatrick.

And then I afraid that Po will need this:

ned%20hug_zps2tyuruga.gif

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I found something very interesting in this article besides the fact that we worked out Rosen and he is coming to Cleveland tomorrow (there is another article about that embedded in this one). The interesting thing is that the Giants also worked him out. So maybe they are also looking for Mannings eventual replacement. We may end up with a choice between Barkley, Chubb and Fitzgerald @ #4 if QBs go 1,2,3.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/21/report-browns-held-private-workout-with-josh-rosen-at-ucla/

EDIT: That turned out to be an old article on Rosen coming to Cleveland. That was after the combine so he's already been there.

Well, the G-Men just made a big trade- and it might well shake up the top of the draft. Jason PP to Tampa. Salary dump? I sure hope this doesn't mean they're targeting Chubb at #2. 

Long article, but explores the possibilities in depth.....   

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/22/17151548/nfl-free-agency-jason-pierre-paul-trade-2018-draft-giants-bills-dolphins-colts

Rosen to Giants is a very popular rumor. I can see that. He certainly is closest to the Eli mold IMO.

If we happen to take Rosen, I think NYG will trade down as I don't see a non-QB in this draft that is worth the draft pick haul pick #2 will command.

58 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Rosen to Giants is a very popular rumor. I can see that. He certainly is closest to the Eli mold IMO.

If we happen to take Rosen, I think NYG will trade down as I don't see a non-QB in this draft that is worth the draft pick haul pick #2 will command.

If it goes Darnold- Rosen- Allen\Mayfield, I expect Dorsey is going to be fielding a lot of phone calls at #4. I'd love to swap picks with the Broncos if Allen is still on the board (Elway may see a little of himself in Josh) and we still get Chubb at #5.   

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

If it goes Darnold- Rosen- Allen\Mayfield, I expect Dorsey is going to be fielding a lot of phone calls at #4. I'd love to swap picks with the Broncos if Allen is still on the board (Elway may see a little of himself in Josh) and we still get Chubb at #5.   

Yup... been saying that myself...And I'd expect the Bills to get involved as well, if they also like the last QB standing.

I just saw an interesting article that gave some insight. Here's a quote- 

"Some of this is impacted by the run concepts and scheme employed at Penn State, as well as the fact that their offensive line wasn’t the best in the world. The team placed Barkley on a wide track a lot, giving defenders more time to hit him close to the line of scrimmage. Overall, he was hit at or behind the line on 44.5 percent of his carries, which is higher than all but three other backs in this draft class (one being Nick Chubb)..."

44.5% ?!!? That's crazy. 

10 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

"Some of this is impacted by the run concepts and scheme employed at Penn State, as well as the fact that their offensive line wasn’t the best in the world. The team placed Barkley on a wide track a lot, giving defenders more time to hit him close to the line of scrimmage. Overall, he was hit at or behind the line on 44.5 percent of his carries, which is higher than all but three other backs in this draft class (one being Nick Chubb)..."

44.5% ?!!? That's crazy. 

Conclusion: Take Nick Chubb?:D

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Conclusion: Take Nick Chubb?:D

If it's not Barkley, I hope we end up with Penny. ;) 

13 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

44.5% ?!!? That's crazy. 

So are you now making excuses after people have pointed out the flaws in sasa's game?

Like this take for example

"Here's 5 reasons not to draft Saquon Barkley. He averaged under three yards per game in three games. Two of them against Indiana and Rutgers. Under three yards a carry. He only had five games over 100 yards. He had the most yards lost by a running back last year in college football. Even with him, and a good quarterback, and a really great play caller, they were 58th in the country in rushing, and six in the Big 10.

And here's an interesting one, if you examine say Saquon Barkley. His best three games, oh the opener rested. Bowl game rested. Cupcake, Georgia State before a big game. This is not a guy capable of 26 carries one week in the NFL, 29 the next. Picking up blitzes. Seven catches one week, four the next. He is not a bulldozer. We have so nit picked the quarterbacks, and Sam Darnold works out today. We have elevated other players who have just as many holes. Saquon Barkley is much more Reggie Bush than he is Ezekiel Elliott"

-Cowherd

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

If it's not Barkley, I hope we end up with Penny. ;) 

I understand that choice, but for me it's Chubb's teammate with the 7.9 ypc average, Sony Michel (who names their kid after a TV anyway?):D

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I understand that choice, but for me it's Chubb's teammate with the 7.9 ypc average, Sony Michel (who names their kid after a TV anyway?):D

That's my choice also. I'm on record saying there will be at least one running back in this draft picked in round 2 or later who has a better year/career than barkley. Which none of my friends will take (even though they say they will be livid if we pass on him) since they know it to be true so I called my shot and Sony it is. He's got video game type moves he has to being named after PlayStation.

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

Nah, it's the Walkman! 

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

what is this are you starting to see the light that we are not taking barkley?

I never said that. I'm confident Barkley has the potential to be the first pick of the draft. I wouldn't be opposed with taking Barkley and Penny both. Can't have too many playmakers!

Cool story, hell - maybe we'll make a song together someday. B)

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Love me some Rashaad Penny. He is the real deal, and the best part is he's low mileage. He was a backup and excellent special teams guy until this season. Even with his massive yardage this year, he didn't have that many carries because he's so efficient. i don't think he's got any injury issues either

I really think Browns would be very happy with him back there. He can do it all, and any HL reel will show you the proof. He's way more like Zeke than Barkley is, and I think that's what works in the NFL. One cut and gone. 

Panthers seem very interested in him. It was SDSU's pro day today, and there were a lot of teams there. I highly doubt he'll slip to 3rd round. 

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Nah, it's the Walkman! 

I never said that. I'm confident Barkley has the potential to be the first pick of the draft. I wouldn't be opposed with taking Barkley and Penny both. Can't have too many playmakers!

If it makes you happy- they had a poll on NFLN's Path to the draft- Who should the Browns pick at #1? Darnold, Rosen, or Barkley. The majority said Saquon. There's also a Facebook page Browns Die-hard Fan Club- and I can't believe the number of "supposed" hardcore fans who still think Saquon should go #1. 

That idea got refuted by none other than Daniel Jeremiah- and I happen to agree with him. I'll even grant you the possibility that Barkley is in fact the top of the heap in talent level this year.  BPA applies only if you don't have a franchise QB according to Dan. We don't have our franchise qb. So it's QB or bust this year- swing for the fences, damn the torpedoes, and if our likely pick Darnold busts- so be it. It's been posted elsewhere, Darnold's 7.0 rating on NFL.com tops all of the recent QBs- Winston, Mariotta, Trubisky, Watson, Goff- and the QB guys on this forum have been bellyaching for years we should have taken- Carson Wentz. That's some pretty elite company to be in- and it sure fits my bill as "potential franchise QB". The other factor is we take Saquon and say Chubb- and improve to 7-9, what happens next year? We're in the same spot Buffalo finds themselves in this year. They already gave up a starting LT and their #21 in the first to move up to #12. They're going to have to give up even more- like both firsts, probably a couple seconds, and another second next year at least to get the Giants to budge out of #2. Even that might not be enough if the G-Men are thinking about taking the QB we don't.  When a "generational" QB like Andrew Luck is sitting there at #1, you can offer the team holding the #1 your entire draft to move up, and you'll get shot down. So this is it- let's hope we aren't drafting #1 overall again for a long, long time. Get the qb when you have the chance- and don't have to sell the ranch to do so. It's what smart teams do.  

BTW, DJ also pointed out the Giant's GM Gettelman NEVER goes BPA (unless it's also top need). LOL, you think the Jets gave up a boatload of picks just to take a swing at Saquon? Hell no. 

33 minutes ago, hoorta said:

If it makes you happy- they had a poll on NFLN's Path to the draft- Who should the Browns pick at #1? Darnold, Rosen, or Barkley. The majority said Saquon. There's also a Facebook page Browns Die-hard Fan Club- and I can't believe the number of "supposed" hardcore fans who still think Saquon should go #1. 

That idea got refuted by none other than Daniel Jeremiah- and I happen to agree with him. I'll even grant you the possibility that Barkley is in fact the top of the heap in talent level this year.  BPA applies only if you don't have a franchise QB according to Dan. We don't have our franchise qb. So it's QB or bust this year- swing for the fences, damn the torpedoes, and if our likely pick Darnold busts- so be it. It's been posted elsewhere, Darnold's 7.0 rating on NFL.com tops all of the recent QBs- Winston, Mariotta, Trubisky, Watson, Goff- and the QB guys on this forum have been bellyaching for years we should have taken- Carson Wentz. That's some pretty elite company to be in- and it sure fits my bill as "potential franchise QB". The other factor is we take Saquon and say Chubb- and improve to 7-9, what happens next year? We're in the same spot Buffalo finds themselves in this year. They already gave up a starting LT and their #21 in the first to move up to #12. They're going to have to give up even more- like both firsts, probably a couple seconds, and another second next year at least to get the Giants to budge out of #2. Even that might not be enough if the G-Men are thinking about taking the QB we don't.  When a "generational" QB like Andrew Luck is sitting there at #1, you can offer the team holding the #1 your entire draft to move up, and you'll get shot down. So this is it- let's hope we aren't drafting #1 overall again for a long, long time. Get the qb when you have the chance- and don't have to sell the ranch to do so. It's what smart teams do.  

BTW, DJ also pointed out the Giant's GM Gettelman NEVER goes BPA (unless it's also top need). LOL, you think the Jets gave up a boatload of picks just to take a swing at Saquon? Hell no. 

Rather get Rosen,  but the nice thing is that Darnold can sit and develop until he's actually ready. 

Most analysts and coaches feel that both will be excellent in the NFL

Archived