THE BROWNS BOARD

Anyone Attending 2018 Draft?

TexasAg1969

It's at Jerryworld this year with plenty of room for fans in the stadium and their superbigscreen TV hanging over the top of the field.

I'm seriously considering going to 1st and 2nd days where most of our prized choices take place rounds 1-3. 

If anyone else is interested please post here and we can talk about meeting some place there before it starts Th night, April 26.

https://www.dallassports.org/press-box/news/2017/2018-nfl-draft-dallas.html

EDIT: Damn keyboard "Attending":rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's at Jerryworld this year with plenty of room for fans in the stadium and their superbigscreen TV hanging over the top of the field.

I'm seriously considering going to 1st and 2nd days where most of our prized choices take place rounds 1-3. 

If anyone else is interested please post here and we can talk about meeting some place there before it starts Th night, April 26.

https://www.dallassports.org/press-box/news/2017/2018-nfl-draft-dallas.html

EDIT: Damn keyboard "Attending":rolleyes:

I would, but we aren't going to visit down there til later on, in May, ...

2 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Do you know how to get tickets Ag? I looked and couldn’t find any. Five hour drive my dad and I would probably go 

I'll give them a call during office hours tomorrow.

I'll give them a call during office hours tomorrow.

Not sure if I can be of help on a indoor draft but I'll give ya the quick Philly Draft tour(all set-up outdoors)..1)Amtrak'd to Philly train station,2pm'ish day 1 draftday. Walked about a 1.5 mile hike to hotel. 2)Walked back to to Draft Site(hit a few bar stops) got to main draft gate.3) They do a security wand check,basket keys,phones,change & NO cigerettes or Lighters were permitted(but could get by being sly). 4)There was NO for said Ticket..There was set up booths to try to win(The fan Experience) metal sits close to stage set up by pre register bar code from computer or booth would assist with phone app download.Seats come in Pairs,I won day 1(pre-registered early & they seem to like out of towners to mix fan bases),my step son won day 3.(damm Bronco fan) Never saw Car Parking fees but that could have been the case..PM me or I'll check in here if I can be any help..I booked a hotel about 8 months in advance to get closer to draft grounds..Glad to help but can't travel to this one (4-28-18,My Birthday..Am looking a baller at #55) ...if ya can make the 3 day trip,don't miss it.It's a blast with many great football fans

forgot one:) If your a fan of following the draft Happening TRADE talks..charge your phones.. pick-up a local sports radio channels to follow..or you will know nothing when #3 trades to #2 till it happens.radio Updates will have a delay following details of trade. Phone from radio to camera not made easy by carrying a brew(or 2)

Ticket office said the only way to get tickets was through the entering a lottery whose deadline has passed. I have seen something on stub hub which says tickets not yet available. They will be once the lottery is done. Sounds too expensive compared to the home couch with a beer or two. Oh well-good thought anyway. Who would have thought they would sell out the whole damn stadium.

As you know...I am the travel guy around here.  Having been to every state (but two) on at least two occasions.   Having been to every one of the Top 100 largest cities in the US.  Having been to 52 of the 59 National Parks.   And you know what:   Dallas is the city that has the least attraction for me to ever visit again among all major cities in the US.  The ONLY thing that would be of any interest to me there is the museum they now have in the Texas School Book Depository.  While I am sure that the Jerry Dome may be a spectacle....it really holds no more attraction to see it than any other domed stadium does.  

Ticket office said the only way to get tickets was through the entering a lottery whose deadline has passed. I have seen something on stub hub which says tickets not yet available. They will be once the lottery is done. Sounds too expensive compared to the home couch with a beer or two. Oh well-good thought anyway. Who would have thought they would sell out the whole damn stadium.

I guess that means people will scalp their tickets from the “lottery” huh. Yeah I imagine they will want way more than I’m willing to pay. I figure Jerry would want to make all the money he could and just sell as many seats as possible 

45 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

As you know...I am the travel guy around here.  Having been to every state (but two) on at least two occasions.   Having been to every one of the Top 100 largest cities in the US.  Having been to 52 of the 59 National Parks.   And you know what:   Dallas is the city that has the least attraction for me to ever visit again among all major cities in the US.  The ONLY thing that would be of any interest to me there is the museum they now have in the Texas School Book Depository.  While I am sure that the Jerry Dome may be a spectacle....it really holds no more attraction to see it than any other domed stadium does.  

Fortunately I have a friend from HS who lives about a mile south of Jerryworld so I would have a place to stay for however much of the draft I wish to stay for.

16 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

I guess that means people will scalp their tickets from the “lottery” huh. Yeah I imagine they will want way more than I’m willing to pay. I figure Jerry would want to make all the money he could and just sell as many seats as possible 

Yep-I bet there will be a premium that sends me to "home couch" mode. I hate driving anywhere near the Metroplex anyway, except when we go to the Kimbell in Ft. Worth to see a world touring art exhibit. We've seen some wonderful "stuff" there over the years.

2 hours ago, darren15 said:

A copy of Ghoolies mock

lol... or we can wait 1 to 3 years to hear about the highlights.

Archived