THE BROWNS BOARD

Exactly when did "everyone" here climb onto the Chubb train? And why?

Tour2ma

12 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

He can go blow himself for all I care. He would be yet another monumental waste of a first-round draft pick. The Browns have no skilled players. That is why they went 0 - 16. Chubb, like the homosexual Zumba poosy we drafted last year, will make no difference in the Browns w-l ratio. but then again, we really don't give a schidt about wins, do we?

IN DORKEY WE TRUST........................... IN DORKEY WE TRUST.................

idiots.

We go get the best WR in free agency, get a QB that's the 5X better than Kizer. Gordon stays off the wacky tobacky he's one of the best WRs in the game. Carlos Hyde was 62 yards short of being in the top 10 in rushing last year. So go shove it we have no skilled players going into 2018, and we haven't even drafted yet. 

Another premium edge rusher happens to be a skilled position. Eagles won the Super Bowl because the defense forced Brady into a game deciding fumble. 

So go ahead be a dork, and keep pumping that Zumba Dancing Barkley- who can't run inside. When NFL teams prevent him from running outside, he's going to be worthless. All it will take is a defender to crack him in the knee when he dances, and it's Bo Jackson time. Jim Brown he ain't. Not even as good as Adrian Peterson. 

Ready to take your Paxton Lynch poster down yet? He's about done. The Broncos brought in Keenum, and are drafting a QB. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to judge and select players that are the most ahead of the next players at their position.  I don't think anyone in this draft is close to Chubb coming off the edge.  Most of the other positions have several players each of whom could be rated the best or close.  Just the thought of having 2 studs, one on each side, chasing every QB around would be great to watch.  Plus I like Guise for RB, or the USC kid.  And Derwin at safety, or Reid would be nice.  Several CBs will be good once they learn the pro game.  Easy to get a CB this year at top of 2nd.  Don't wait any longer than that on a CB though.

In the 2nd round I would go OT, CB, and WR.  Then call it a day.

13 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The problem with that scenario is that I am not so sure Ward will still be there @ #12. But if we really want him more than Chubb, Fitz or cough, choke the dog Barkley, just take him @ #4.

Ward might not be there at 12... Vander Esch might not be there at 22... but they might be... ;)  As for Ward getting in the mix at #4, I think he's there.

Here's an exercise for you...Try looking at Chubb or Fitz at #4 vs. another option of #12, #22, a 2nd and a 3rd is on the table. Do they still look as good to you?

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm not necessarily echoing your theme of floor/ceiling and here is why - technically proficient and kinetic awareness.       I think we can agree in the 2014 draft that Clowney was arguably the best athlete drafted regardless of position.  The kid is a true freak and has few equals on this planet.    For all that athletic ability and raw talent,  Kahlil Mack ended up being the superior player.   Not that Mack doesn't have athletic gifts himself, he most surely does.   But Kahlil had the the little things already displayed while at Buffalo and continued to build on them in Oakland.   I almost see the MG/Chubb thing as similar.    Does Myles have the greater ceiling?  Yes, yes he does.  But that is (right now) ONLY because of his physical gifts.     As we know, simply being blessed athletically doesn't make you the better player.   I believe Bradley could step in and better every bit as effective because of the focus on details he has received.  The combination of hand usage and footwork aligning with his counter move is something Garrett never really showed in college.   Then again, he never had too.      

I don't agree that Bradley has maxed out physically though.  He's 21.. still several years of growth, professional conditioning and coaching to be had.     My love of adding a premium ED is that this pass rush no longer hinges on MG's health.   At which point (god forbid) something were to happen to Myles, you wouldn't see coach Williams panic and develop game plans where he blitzes himself into trouble.      Every great defense has two players on the field that can collapse the pocket be it interior or edge.  I also wouldn't feel comfortable with Jackson or Ward at 4... so naturally this was the best way I believe to address defensive issues. 

Thanks...

The Mack/Clowney parallel is interesting, but is it appropriate? If you compare their Combines... Mack measured out as the bigger freak, albeit 10 or 15 lb lighter. And my take was he arrived with superior tech to boot. Once he shifted to DE Mack exploded on the scene. Since then he has backslid a little. Whereas Clowney, once passed his early ailments, has been coming on bit by bit as his technique has developed.

When I see Garrett, I can see Clowney. But when I see Chubb, I do not see Mack... and I don't see growth.

That said... not sure why the conversation turned to include Erectile Dysfunction...

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Ready to take your Paxton Lynch poster down yet?

Couldn't if he tried... it's cum-stuck to the wall...

Darnold at 1 I think by now ever knows he’s the best.  And at two it’s Chubb or fitz.  The question is a  guy that could be a dominant db safety or cornerback.  Or another dominant pass rusher opposite Garrett.  It’s really a coin flip.  But I feel that the pass rusher will help the d backfield as hole because there is another pass rusher already there. But fitz is really good too.  Idk I guess heads or tales.

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ward might not be there at 12... Vander Esch might not be there at 22... but they might be... ;)  As for Ward getting in the mix at #4, I think he's there.

Here's an exercise for you...Try looking at Chubb or Fitz at #4 vs. another option of #12, #22, a 2nd and a 3rd is on the table. Do they still look as good to you?

Thanks...

The Mack/Clowney parallel is interesting, but is it appropriate? If you compare their Combines... Mack measured out as the bigger freak, albeit 10 or 15 lb lighter. And my take was he arrived with superior tech to boot. Once he shifted to DE Mack exploded on the scene. Since then he has backslid a little. Whereas Clowney, once passed his early ailments, has been coming on bit by bit as his technique has developed.

When I see Garrett, I can see Clowney. But when I see Chubb, I do not see Mack... and I don't see growth.

That said... not sure why the conversation turned to include Erectile Dysfunction...

Couldn't if he tried... it's cum-stuck to the wall...

Ha!  The ED bit caught me pretty good.  

Not my finest anology or comparison but I was just bringing up clowney vs Mack has the raw athlete vs  athlete + more refind player.

I feel pretty strongly about the the Chubb to Everson Griffen comparison.  That is who I see when I watch him.  

Edit: worth remembering clowney is a few inches taller than Mack and some of the drills like 3 cone they were very comparable on given the height difference "working against" the former.  Either way i think you get the point I'm trying to make.  

55 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Either way i think you get the point I'm trying to make.  

Moreso with Everson...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Well you know me by now. Give Garrett a rushing fool to go with him and we may have the makings of a Denver D. There just are not any other pass rushers this year like there were last year that might provide that kind of double trouble for opposing QBs. And so far we have not gotten one through FA. Now if that trade down assures me of Sony Michel and Christian Kirk...........................well maybe I would have to tell Garrett to suck it up for another year.:D

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000821423/Nick-Chubb-squats-600-pounds

yep, I'm still on the Chubb train. rb, that is. and still runs a 4.53 forty.

WATCH: Nick Chubb and Sony Michel run 40-yard dash at NFL combine

Mar 2, 2018 - Running Back U is well represented at the NFL combine. Former Georgia stars Nick Chubb and Sony Michel are going through all of their on-field drills in front of NFL scouts, coaches and executives at the combine in Indianapolis on Friday. The legendary Bulldogs duo has completed the first of two runs in ...

I like them both but there is just something special about Michel that got him that 7.9 ypc this year. When I watched them running against the same team Michel just seemed to be on a different level. Now the proviso is that Chubb is still not quite up to where he was before injury, so there is a better than even chance he continues to regain that form. I'd be far happier with either one of them in the second than Barkley @ 1 or 4.

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I like them both but there is just something special about Michel that got him that 7.9 ypc this year. When I watched them running against the same team Michel just seemed to be on a different level. Now the proviso is that Chubb is still not quite up to where he was before injury, so there is a better than even chance he continues to regain that form. I'd be far happier with either one of them in the second than Barkley @ 1 or 4.

Getting Michel in the same rotation with Hyde and Duke would be fantastic. But hell, I would like Nick Chubb, Guice, Freeman, Penny, or Scarborough as well. Just please no Barkley at 4.

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Although I am not fan of trading down so many spots, I've been wondering how many times are we going to pick and where in 1st round?

Because say we trade with the Bills, do we need 4 2nd round picks? We currently have 10 picks, 5 in really good positions. I think we don't need to add more than 10 rookies to our roster -it is already the youngest in the league- so why not take the best 10 rookies? If we get 2 picks (apart from those of the first round) with the Bills trade, why not try to climb a few spots from #12 or #22 using those extra picks? 

38 minutes ago, Nero said:

Although I am not fan of trading down so many spots, I've been wondering how many times are we going to pick and where in 1st round?

Because say we trade with the Bills, do we need 4 2nd round picks? We currently have 10 picks, 5 in really good positions. I think we don't need to add more than 10 rookies to our roster -it is already the youngest in the league- so why not take the best 10 rookies? If we get 2 picks (apart from those of the first round) with the Bills trade, why not try to climb a few spots from #12 or #22 using those extra picks? 

That's exactly the point. They don't have to use all those picks and could easily use them to negotiate the draft. They could trade-up, they could use them to trade out for next year or they could use them to trade for players. Worst case scenario is if they end up with 5 second round picks, then you trade away all of your late rounders for next years or the following years draft. Typically, a team gets a round earlier than the round being picked hence, a 4th rounder this year equates to a team relinquishing their 3rd rounder next year. 

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000821423/Nick-Chubb-squats-600-pounds

yep, I'm still on the Chubb train. rb, that is. and still runs a 4.53 forty.

WATCH: Nick Chubb and Sony Michel run 40-yard dash at NFL combine

Mar 2, 2018 - Running Back U is well represented at the NFL combine. Former Georgia stars Nick Chubb and Sony Michel are going through all of their on-field drills in front of NFL scouts, coaches and executives at the combine in Indianapolis on Friday. The legendary Bulldogs duo has completed the first of two runs in ...

We can potentially get two Chubbs. 

In rd 2,  there will be a lot of great RBs.  Getting 2 top edge rushers back to back years would be awfully nice. 

I think guice Michel and penny are the top backs likely to be available in rd 2,  or at least two of them will.  

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep.  He looked great in the big games too. I like the big ypc  in any back,  cuz it will always go down in the NFL. 

Flip side,  it's hard to ignore Penny at 7.8 with 2248 yards.  I don't care who's on your schedule,  those are monster numbers and he can be the next Kareem hunt. 

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Those second round picks, especially #33 are valuable. That one can easily be swapped out for a first round pick in 2019, and we still have the #35 to play with....  

Right now, my thinking is if Chubb is still there at #4, you take him. Current info has the Giants with QB, Nelson, or Chubb in their sights. They could still trade out of the pick. Best scenario for the Browns. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Those second round picks, especially #33 are valuable. That one can easily be swapped out for a first round pick in 2019, and we still have the #35 to play with....  

Right now, my thinking is if Chubb is still there at #4, you take him. Current info has the Giants with QB, Nelson, or Chubb in their sights. They could still trade out of the pick. Best scenario for the Browns. 

Giants really need the help in the OL far more than they need Chubb. I'm about 80% sure they go for Nelson there or Manning will be spittin' mad. He took far too many hits last season.

On 3/20/2018 at 2:48 PM, hoorta said:

We go get the best WR in free agency, get a QB that's the 5X better than Kizer. Gordon stays off the wacky tobacky he's one of the best WRs in the game. Carlos Hyde was 62 yards short of being in the top 10 in rushing last year. So go shove it we have no skilled players going into 2018, and we haven't even drafted yet. 

Another premium edge rusher happens to be a skilled position. Eagles won the Super Bowl because the defense forced Brady into a game deciding fumble. 

So go ahead be a dork, and keep pumping that Zumba Dancing Barkley- who can't run inside. When NFL teams prevent him from running outside, he's going to be worthless. All it will take is a defender to crack him in the knee when he dances, and it's Bo Jackson time. Jim Brown he ain't. Not even as good as Adrian Peterson. 

Ready to take your Paxton Lynch poster down yet? He's about done. The Broncos brought in Keenum, and are drafting a QB. 

Paxton will be done, when he's done. Plenty of QBs get moved and find their stride. Like.....ahhhhh.......Keenum.

Barkley is the best player in the draft. No discussion needed. Hyde is a buckeye, and a great 3'd back. This horseschidt about  IF HE DOES THIS  THEN HE IS............... is your same bullschidt every year Larry. Always you explain schidt with your fantasy....OOOOOOH ALMOST bullcrap.

The Browns have Gordon who COULD be a top player................... that's it. Nothing after that.

As for "wins already in the bag" again, every year you do the same schidt..........you invent crap on paper as to why we will beat certain teams.......... like you said we would beat the Bengals.......... yawn..............The Browns have no skilled players that threaten anyone. Coleman is actually a negative force (Steeler drop?), and Dorkey answers to Hue Jackson. He will draft as Hue tells him.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Giants really need the help in the OL far more than they need Chubb. I'm about 80% sure they go for Nelson there or Manning will be spittin' mad. He took far too many hits last season.

The giants will go Barkley is we pass.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Paxton will be done, when he's done. Plenty of QBs get moved and find their stride. Like.....ahhhhh.......Keenum.

Barkley is the best player in the draft. No discussion needed. Hyde is a buckeye, and a great 3'd back. This horseschidt about  IF HE DOES THIS  THEN HE IS............... is your same bullschidt every year Larry. Always you explain schidt with your fantasy....OOOOOOH ALMOST bullcrap.

The Browns have Gordon who COULD be a top player................... that's it. Nothing after that.

As for "wins already in the bag" again, every year you do the same schidt..........you invent crap on paper as to why we will beat certain teams.......... like you said we would beat the Bengals.......... yawn..............The Browns have no skilled players that threaten anyone. Coleman is actually a negative force (Steeler drop?), and Dorkey answers to Hue Jackson. He will draft as Hue tells him.

Yeah Tommy I suppose bringing in a WR who had the most catches in the NFL last year, and has made the Pro Bowl three years  running is a big nothing bum. You probably didn't even know that yet. That was Dorsey's doing BTW, not Hue's. 

Lynch is done. He'd be as far out the door in Cleveland as he's soon to be in Denver. He'll be a fine backup somewhere after he gets cut cut by the Broncos. Great draft acumen there. 

Nope, no fantasy pal. You're living in a fantasy world where the Browns are going to suck forever so you can pull the same old "I told you they were going to suck BS." For the record, it's we have wins in the bag this year- or you want to bet me $1,000 the Browns can repeat 0-16 again? If not, then STFU. 

And you can stop that crap Dorsey will draft whoever Hue tells him to. If that was the case the guy Jackson really wanted-  AJ McCarron would be the Browns quarterback, not Tyrod Taylor. The assistant coaches, Haley and Williams- you probably didn't know their names- and I'll bet you can't even tell me who the Browns Quarterback coach is without looking it up-  will have just as much input in the draft process as Hue. Make no mistake- goofball, the final decisions will be made by Dorsey and Wolf. Get used to the idea. 

Here's what your Zumba Dancer is going to look like what he runs into a guy who will be playing on Sunday in the NFL..   

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

The giants will go Barkley is we pass.

He's my other 20% and you may be right. Depends on whether they think they can still get a very good RB in this RB deep draft later on. But their biggest weakness is OL and Nelson is the best there is. If the Giants do take Barkley then we will have our pick of Chubb or Fitzgerald @ #4. Chubb is the only decent pass rusher this year and the draft is deep @ FS.  

Which of those would you take @ #4 (or any other you see)?

We have a new depth chart after adding FA's..1 & 4 must upgrade position..DE--Garrett,Chris Smith from Bengals,Ogbah,Nassib..DB's--S-Peppers,Kindred,FS-D.Randall,Nacua--CB's--Calhoun,Taylor,Mitchell from KC,Carrie from Oak.,Waiting on Wilson...RB--Hyde,Duke,Dayes...seems like Dorsey has covered all his bases? at 4 the card should read Barkley,Chubb or Fitzpatrick.(Williams likes dual position players)..if Dorsey slides from #4? I don't like falling past Denver where Denzel Ward/D.James or best OT's prospect could be off the board? Shon Coleman LT? ugh.. show me..Hubbard's pressers gave me the impression of "if your paying me RT money I am a RT" not LT

5 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Chubb's three cone time is a big red flag to me

Chubb playing with 3 other DLman that could be all gone by round 3? maybe my bigger red flag..Advanage Bosa>

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
More

Both @LRiddickESPN and @Realrclark25 said on SportsCenter that Bradley Chubb is a better football player than last year's No. 1 pick, Myles Garrett.

8 minutes ago, darren15 said:
More

Both @LRiddickESPN and @Realrclark25 said on SportsCenter that Bradley Chubb is a better football player than last year's No. 1 pick, Myles Garrett.

I feel a Richardson about to play out.:o

2 hours ago, darren15 said:
More

Click bait 

18 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If NYG doesn't go QB, and I only think they will not if we take the one they want, then I agree they will look OL. But as good as Nelson is, and he's damn good, he is not the only high quality OG in the draft. So I would not be afraid of trading down if I were them.

With what the Bills can offer there's a very good chance that the Giants can still move back up into the top ten and land Nelson. But if they can't they can sit tight and still land Hernandez at 12 and another top OL at 22.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

If NYG doesn't go QB, and I only think they will not if we take the one they want, then I agree they will look OL. But as good as Nelson is, and he's damn good, he is not the only high quality OG in the draft. So I would not be afraid of trading down if I were them.

With what the Bills can offer there's a very good chance that the Giants can still move back up into the top ten and land Nelson. But if they can't they can sit tight and still land Hernandez at 12 and another top OL at 22.

Since the Giants had almost as large a contingent at Darnold's pro day as the Browns- I'll take it as a sign they're at least seriously considering a QB at #2.  

Archived