THE BROWNS BOARD

So with the trade what do we do at 1 and 4 POLL

jcam222

With the Jets moving up to 3 who do you think the Browns do secure with picks 1 and 4  

40 members have voted

1. 1. With the Jets moving up to 3 who do you think the Browns do secure with picks 1 and 4

• QB / Chubb
    • QB / Barkley
    • Chubb / Barkley with a QB after
    • QB at 1 with a trade down at 4
    • Typical Browns maneuver trading down from 1 and 4

13 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Ill redo with a few other options early next week.

A generic QB is fine, the top 3 or 4 are essentially the same -plus- DB, DE, RB, BPA etc. (assuming they do take a QB at #1 or 4)

The no Quarterback option scares some people but is an option but with Kizer gone they don't really have an experienced backup, like it or not Kizer did have live fire experience. 

Then there's the 1. acquisition of more top R1 picks or 2. trade down/out which is just crazy.

Just to play devil's advocate or just being picky. :angry::P

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

A generic QB is fine, the top 3 or 4 are essentially the same -plus- DB, DE, RB, BPA etc. (assuming they do take a QB at #1 or 4)

The no Quarterback option scares some people but is an option but with Kizer gone they don't really have an experienced backup, like it or not Kizer did have live fire experience. 

Then there's the 1. acquisition of more top R1 picks or 2. trade down/out which is just crazy.

Just to play devil's advocate or just being picky. :angry::P

There was no "no Quarterback option".

There's no Barkley/Best available QB option?

It's going to be SO Shmucking FUNNY when Cleveland takes Saquon Barkley #1. All the whining and complaining from the peanut gallery is going to make it all so much more sweet.

Just now, PoeticG said:

It's going to be SO Shmucking FUNNY when Cleveland takes Saquon Barkley #1. All the whining and complaining from the peanut gallery is going to make it all so much more sweet.

And yet you won't agree to bet me $100 on this. 

Because deep down, you know it isn't going to happen. You going on and on is more about needing people to pay attention to you. 

Nope, I just don't make stupid bets. The same reason that you won't bet which QB the Browns are going to take #1. 

Cleveland will take Barkley #1 or NY will take him #2. 

Cleveland's John Dorsey has been adamant about drafting real football players. Saquon is PRIMETIME B)

I'm sorry if you're not able to evaluate talent like so many others that say Barkley is the game changer that the Browns need. 

----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/17/ladainian-tomlinson-saquon-barkley-browns-nfl-draft-pick/

We asked LaDainian about all the Saquon comparisons people have been making when we got the Chargers legend at LAX ... and he couldn't agree more.

"He’s a little bit bigger than I am -- but they’re awesome comparisons," L.T. said.

"The lateral movement, quickness, the power, he can catch the ball ... all that stuff."

But even with all that talent, L.T. told us there's a good reason the Browns won't take him with the first overall pick ... and he says that's GREAT news for the Giants at #2.

----------------------------------------------------------

You consider it a stupid bet because you know you would lose it. 

You know that the Browns aren't taking Barkley with the #1 pick, but want to be able to drone on and on and on about it. 

Also, $100 in Alliance goes a loooooooooooooong way. 

Qb @#1 then Chubb/ Fitz.....@4  GO BROWNS!!!

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

There was no "no Quarterback option".

That's what's so scary.

Actually I was referring to the rework v2.0 that would cover all options and not have 15 options. Simple, eh?

As much as everyone wants to announce Barkley is overrated - I just looked at the 2017 stats showing Chubb only had 10 sacks in the ACC.  Thanks Tour!  If 3 QBs go 1,2,3 - is this guy really the pick of the litter after the top 3 QBs go?    I hope not!

14 minutes ago, Flugel said:

As much as everyone wants to announce Barkley is overrated - I just looked at the 2017 stats showing Chubb only had 10 sacks in the ACC.  Thanks Tour!  If 3 QBs go 1,2,3 - is this guy really the pick of the litter after the top 3 QBs go?    I hope not!

How many sacks did Joey Bosa have his last season with Ohio State?

ONLY 10 sacks?! You realize he set the record for most tackles for lost in NC State history..including some guy named Mario Williams? That's pretty impressive.

I would have to see what the browns would get in the trade down at #4. It would have to include players and picks. 

I really don't see a scenario where we trade out of the #1 pick...I just don't.  We already turned down the Jets who called last week, and we SAW how much they meant business, so you know the offer was probably legit.  I have to say, when I read that we turned them down, I exhaled a giant breath of relief.  I realize we can still screw it up and trade down, but I don't see it happen.  As a Browns fan, I've been borderline terrified that we're going to trade down and completely screw the pooch.  At this point, I'm pretty confident we're going to identify our favorite QB, and then we're going to draft him #1.  

Also, I don't want to trade down from 4 either.  As I look at the revised draft order, I don't see any team that would likely trade for the #4 pick (in order to take a QB) that currently resides in the top 15.  POSSIBLY Miami at #11, but didn't they say they're sticking with Tannehill?  Even so, I'm not sure I want to trade down that far anyway.  I CERTAINLY don't want to go any lower, that's for sure.  Trading down to #11 would likely take us out of drafting CB Denzel Ward or DB Minkah Fitzpatrick.  It's possible we could draft Derwin James, but he reminds me of a "rich man's Jabril Peppers", and who needs THAT?

Stay at 1 and 4 please.  We don't need picks, we need players.  Players who will make an impact and increase the marginal talent level of our freaking winless team. 

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

How many sacks did Joey Bosa have his last season with Ohio State?

Bosa had 13.5 sacks in his 2nd to last year (soph season) so it projected well before he got all kinds of attention as a junior (in a conference that puts more starting offensive linemen on starting rosters than the ACC). Anyway, Bosa had 26 sacks in 3 years.  I preferred Zeke Elliott for us at the time if we weren't going QB.  And then we traded back so it was a moot point anyway..

Chubb had 0 sacks in 2014, 5.5 sacks in 2015, 10 sacks in 2016 and 10 in 2017.  25.5 sacks in 4 years. I see a good player not a #4 overall.   Just like I keep hearing Barkley is overrated - I think this guy is overrated to be the 1st non-QB drafted. 

Archived