THE BROWNS BOARD

Happy St Patty's Day Loddies and Lassies

Flugel

Just remember God created whiskey to prevent the Irish from ruling the world!

Always Swing first and ask questions later.

If you see somebody staggering or slurring their words on March 17th; chances are they don't have a drinking problem.  They just have no problem getting drunk.

A true workaholic is somebody that just wants to get drunk when he hears the 4 letter word "work"

Don't drink and drive but drinking and posting is encouraged.

In case anyone forgot, Charlie Sheen is STILL Winning!

27 minutes ago, Flugel said:

If you see somebody staggering or slurring their words on March 17th; chances are they don't have a drinking problem.  They just have no problem getting drunk.

A true workaholic is somebody that just wants to get drunk when he hears the 4 letter word "work"

well they ruled the Rugby field today beating England 23-16

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Ima sippin' some of Steve's fave Tullamore Dew as I type this-  and I doona wanna hear about some dammm Pennn State goober that us Browns ain't a' takin' today.   

I think the NY sandwich in between #1 and #4 guarantees we're going QB at #1 overall. Now, the debate will be do we draft Chubb, Barkley or some other pick of the litter?  The only prediction I will make now is if we draft the Offensive Guard (Quenton Nelson) from Notre Dame - Ghoolie will be swearing in 5 different languages.

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I think the NY sandwich in between #1 and #4 guarantees we're going QB at #1 overall. Now, the debate will be do we draft Chubb, Barkley or some other pick of the litter?  The only prediction I will make now is if we draft the Offensive Guard (Quenton Nelson) from Notre Dame - Ghoolie will be swearing in 5 different languages.

I Ah doonaa a know if we a goona draft that Nelson  guy. But ah doah know that there Tullamore Dew is mighty fine whiskey.  Hic. Ah also do know don't ever call a Ukrainian guy a Russian- them's a fighting words down Kiev way.  :)  

Happy St Patty's Day fellas! some irish jigs start here 

but by end of day,don't go here 

or you may get this trying to trade with John Dorsey today^^

Slante m'hath, y'all....

• Corned Beef... check
  • Cabbage... check
  • Homemade Irish Soda Bread... check
  • If only a Texan could get a Beamish...

Happy St. Patricks' Day, everyone.

5 hours ago, boo fagley said:

It dont get no better than corned beef, cabbage and boiled spuds.

Washed down with a Guinness.

That’s what we had for lunch.....minus the Guinness, none on hand. Really good.

Happy belated St Patrick's Day, guys. 

I'm curious, who has Irish heritage in the Board?

There was an Irishman named Fergus stranded on a deserted island.

Off in the distance he saw a speck on the horizon and says to himself "that cant be a ship"

As the speck got closer he says to himself "that cant be a raft or a dingy."

To his surprise a figure in scuba gear eventually reaches land and takes off the mask and air tanks etc.

Its a  beautiful blonde lass.

She approaches Fergus and asks how long has it been since you had a cigarette?  Fergus "10 years."

She unzips a water proof pocket in her wetsuit and pulls out a pack of cigs and lighter. Hands Fergus a smoke and lights it for him. 

Fergus takes a long drag and exhales and says "This is so good, I have forgotten how much I love a good smoke."

The Blonde then asks "how long has it been since you had a good snort of Irish Whiskey? " Fergus "10 years."

She reaches down to a waist pack and opens it and pulls out a beautiful bottle of Jameson .

Gives it to Fergus, he takes a good belt. He says "Tis truly the nectar from the gods and fantastic"

She then unzips her wetsuit down to her waist and asks "How long has it been since you played around?"

Fergus drops to his knees crying and says  "Jesus, Mary and Joseph, dont tell me that she has golf clubs in there too"

5 hours ago, Nero said:

My great grandmother was full on Ireland Irish who married an Englishman MD. They immigrated to Galveston before the end of the 19th century where he helped found the UT Medical school there. My grandmother kept his books as a teen and young adult and "made" him collect from the Moody's, a prominent family that was welching on paying their bills to him as a family MD (yep those same ones of the Moody Mansion in Galveston). :D

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

It is the U.S. and a lot of folks from the midwest and east coast. Most of us probably have Irish in the mix. I am a mick. 

Mick?

Well for the 50% Irish & English in me........

An Irishman goes into a bar in America and orders three whiskeys. The barman asks: "Would it be better for if I put all three shots in one glass?"

The Irishman replies: "No! I have two other brothers back at home, so every time I come into a pub, I order a shot for them both."The following week, the Irishman orders just two whiskeys.

The barman asks: "Did something happen one of your brothers?" "Oh no," replies the Irishman. "I just decided to quit drinking!"

On 3/17/2018 at 4:58 PM, Flugel said:

What makes you think we don't anyway?

Success reached with that philosophy

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Done.

We went to Sat. night bridge game at the home of the O'Donalds (not the real name but very close) and they had corn beef, cabbage and spuds along with Irish cream.

On 3/18/2018 at 5:12 AM, Nero said:

By the way, my Spanish friend, they say sometimes that the "Black Irish"  (Irish with dark hair instead of red or lighter hair),  get their dark hair because  remants of the defeated Spanish Armada made their way to Ireland and settled there and breeded with the local lasses.

But...I can tell you that that is not true.  My mother was "black Irish"....as were her sisters and other family......but I recently did one of those DNA tests, and there is not a spec of Iberian blood in me.  So, while maybe that tale is true for some Irish families, it is not for my Black Irish family.  Funny thing is:  I have red hair.  Got it from my Dad....who was mostly Scottish, not Irish. 

33 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

By the way, my Spanish friend, they say sometimes that the "Black Irish"  (Irish with dark hair instead of red or lighter hair),  get their dark hair because  remants of the defeated Spanish Armada made their way to Ireland and settled there and breeded with the local lasses.

But...I can tell you that that is not true.  My mother was "black Irish"....as were her sisters and other family......but I recently did one of those DNA tests, and there is not a spec of Iberian blood in me.  So, while maybe that tale is true for some Irish families, it is not for my Black Irish family.  Funny thing is:  I have red hair.  Got it from my Dad....who was mostly Scottish, not Irish. 

I think I had heard that somewhere... Anyway, genetically speaking, it sounds peculiar to me that Black Irish would come from the Spanish, and not from the English, with whom the Irish have had more history in common (in peace and in war). 

Archived