THE BROWNS BOARD

Our Draft CHAT Thread

darren15

I was reminded by Tour about doing a chat thread to stop the selection threads becoming too big.....that was done last year and it worked ....thanks Tour ....... Mods please place all none pick posts in here  that would be great ...thanks

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

:o:o:o:oAnd i even sent him a message deriding that possibility before he made the selection. LOL!

Like Mayock I had him number 2 behind Darnold as my top QB .......BPA would of been Nelson or Minkah but I had to take a QB .....Mayfield is a deucebag and we had one of those not long ago Rosen is a walking concussion and Jackson and Rudolph are 2nd rounders

11 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Like Mayock I had him number 2 behind Darnold as my top QB .......BPA would of been Nelson or Minkah but I had to take a QB .....Mayfield is a deucebag and we had one of those not long ago Rosen is a walking concussion and Jackson and Rudolph are 2nd rounders

which is why you should have gone QB at #1 why mess around chubb would have been there at 4

Who has what teams? Is this posted somewhere. I'm about to go to a benefit dinner for a buddy that was in a bad car accident, I'll be back later tonight, if I hold us up- I'm sorry. 

2 hours ago, darren15 said:

Just throwing a lil feces your way... no matter the QB taken whoever picked him for us was going to get some blowback.

I'm more shocked you went Chubb at #1. And that's being extremely shocked you have Darnold and Allen rated so close you did not care which fell to you.

What would you have done if they went 2/3?

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Just throwing a lil feces your way... no matter the QB taken whoever picked him for us was going to get some blowback.

I'm more shocked you went Chubb at #1. And that's being extremely shocked you have Darnold and Allen rated so close you did not care which fell to you.

What would you have done if they went 2/3?

Panicked

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Who has what teams? Is this posted somewhere. I'm about to go to a benefit dinner for a buddy that was in a bad car accident, I'll be back later tonight, if I hold us up- I'm sorry. 

It's pinned at the top on page one of "Our 7 round draft" thread. RoyceRolls has the next two picks before you do in the pinned thread "Our Draft......Round 1"

I had the 49ers taking Fitzpatrick, easily the best player on the board at #9. The 49ers now have a super safety that can do it all. They can use him all over the field. Added to what they have already been building on defense the last couple drafts, this should be a good pick for them. 

I had the Raiders taking Roquan Smith... it was a tough call between Vea and Roquan- I decided to go with Smith. 

• Zombo pinned this topic

This GM picking for Pats and Eagles....NFL Rough Draft......only has 7 posts ..... I wonder if he will actually pick, I emailed the website .....

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

This GM picking for Pats and Eagles....NFL Rough Draft......only has 7 posts ..... I wonder if he will actually pick, I emailed the website .....

It seemed to me, of the posts that he made, that he was just promoting his own  schtick......wanting clicks for his own site.  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

It seemed to me, of the posts that he made, that he was just promoting his own  schtick......wanting clicks for his own site.  

Yep 100% the case 

Let’s get Tour in the game he is too knowledgable to leave out 

27 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Yep 100% the case 

Let’s get Tour in the game he is too knowledgable to leave out 

Agreed ........ lets see if he will do it.......

Sure I'm in... Pats and Eagles...

Give 20 minutes or so to look over their needs and get caught up on who is available...

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Sure I'm in... Pats and Eagles...

Give 20 minutes or so to look over their needs and get caught up on who is available...

Cool :)

On 18/3/2018 at 8:01 PM, PoeticG said:

I had the 49ers taking Fitzpatrick, easily the best player on the board at #9. The 49ers now have a super safety that can do it all. They can use him all over the field. Added to what they have already been building on defense the last couple drafts, this should be a good pick for them. 

I had the Raiders taking Roquan Smith... it was a tough call between Vea and Roquan- I decided to go with Smith. 

I liked both picks. I think both fit really well as both teams need to work on their defense. 

I think Chubb is going to be there at #4, so I don't understand what Darren did. 

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

I liked both picks. I think both fit really well as both teams need to work on their defense. 

I think Chubb is going to be there at #4, so I don't understand what Darren did. 

I took him at 1 just before the Jets/Colts trade ....... as Indy really need a pass rush....I could not decide between 2 QB's so I thought take Chubb 1 and get 1 of my QB's at 4 .......but between picking at 1 and 4 the trade was made.....and its only fair I made the changes as it happened before the picks for those teams...... even if it did mean screwing me up.... my wish was Chubb and Darnold who I had just as my preferred QB ... I thought if I go Darnold at 1 I might miss Chubb....I took Chubb then the Jets trade happened ...if the Jets had not traded to 3 I would of took Darnold at 4 as the Colts were not taking a QB

Just now, darren15 said:

I took him at 1 just before the Jets/Colts trade ....... as Indy really need a pass rush....I could not decide between 2 QB's so I thought take Chubb 1 and get 1 of my QB's at 4 .......but between picking at 1 and 4 the trade was made.....and its only fair I made the changes as it happened before the picks for those teams...... even if it did mean screwing me up....

Now that you have explained it, I see where are you coming from. Yeah, many teams see the Colts as a potential landing for Chubb, so if you have 3 QBs rated the same, I would go Chubb on #1. I just hope the real Browns don't do that :P 

Chubb was wa-a-a-a-ay easier to understand thanAllen... :P

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

The Colts are moving to a 4-3 so cant believe their luck as they select Harold Landry at #34 

You're welcome... really thought hard about him at #31 for Bill.

Colts are having a helluva draft...

Who has the Broncos? 

PoG-Good pick on the OT from Texas. He was one of the 3 I was debating about and came within a hair of taking him. But Talib left Denver and they really needed the best CB on the board worse. Since I already helped the OL with Nelson, I had to help the D next.

I get Connor Williams falling, but he's still the best of a weak OT class.

My R2 NE pick is ready assuming 200lbMumford isn't psychic...

Archived