THE BROWNS BOARD

Jets trade up

jcam222

The Jets have traded up to number three with Indianapolis. They gave up this year  2 second rounders and a 2019 second rounder. The chess match as began. It's kind of odd to me if they fell in love with a player considering they could still miss out Depending on who we take or the Giants take. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now if we go QB at 1 ................ Giants take Barkley, obvious Jets want a QB at 3 then we can take Chubb at 4 ....if Giants take a QB at 2 also we can get either Chubb or Barkley if Jets do indeed take a QB ..... 

Several things come to mind from this move. Number one is I think it shows the Jets believe there are only three franchise quarterback's in this draft. I think they like many others also see these three with similar floors. I think they have also now pushed Us into drafting our QB at one if there's one we really wanted over the others. The only other option would be us moving from 4 to 2 if there are those two players that we absolutely want. 

14 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Now if we go QB at 1 ................ Giants take Barkley, obvious Jets want a QB at 3 then we can take Chubb at 4 ....if Giants take a QB at 2 also we can get either Chubb or Barkley if Jets do indeed take a QB ..... 

This definitely guarantees that Chubb or Barkley will be there. I am kind of partial to Chubb myself, having him and Garret on either end would be awesome. However, if we took Barkley then I would be cool with that too.

18 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

The only other option would be awesome moving from 4 to 2 if there are those two players that we absolutely want

That price just jumped tremendously. only phone ringing is Gettleman in NY..they can't fall down far & Bills at #12 our now shuffling those draft cards hard..with Zona/Broncos..is their a bigger boat than the Titanic?Mikah,Chubb or Barkley could get fun at #4..don't throw the lawn furniture off the Titanic at #4..just rearrange it & get it Right..imo It's Mayfield or Darnold at #1 unless Hue or Haley gets a vote..one dude won more games with less talent & changing mechanics at this point am not a big fan of..  

The Jets have just pushed all-in against the Bills.  The Bills now MUST make a deal for either #2 with N.Y. Giants or with us for #4 no matter what it costs them- and it just got a LOT more expensive.  What do you think the Bills would now have to give NY for #2?  What would they have to give us to move out of #4 (not saying we should do it, just saying, what do you think the price today would be?)

To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

5 minutes ago, onkyoreceiver said:

The Jets have just pushed all-in against the Bills.  The Bills now MUST make a deal for either #2 with N.Y. Giants or with us for #4 no matter what it costs them- and it just got a LOT more expensive.  What do you think the Bills would now have to give NY for #2?  What would they have to give us to move out of #4 (not saying we should do it, just saying, what do you think the price today would be?)

Something along the lines of the Bills two 1st rounders (#12 and #22) and next year's 2nd rounder, I would guess? Maybe more?

4 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

I'd rather have Fitzpatrick over Barkley, but I agree with the spirit of this 100%

1 minute ago, Comeonman said:

Chubb or Fitz for me, but also 100% do not trade down. If anything pick 1,4 and trade back into the first. 

I wonder how far back into the 1st round the #33 and #35 picks could get the Browns? (Not saying they should do this, just curious)

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I wonder how far back into the 1st round the #33 and #35 picks could get the Browns? (Not saying they should do this, just curious)

Definitely not saying they should unless someone just happens to fall that they like, but I would imagine only around 20 at best 

How surprised would you be if we take Barkley/Chubb in the 1st round? Follow with someone like Lamar Jackson or Mike White in round 2? Not asking if you'd like it but rather if you'd be surprised by it. Barkley is definitely not out of the question as Hydes deal in all practicality can be 1 year deal. I'm also not convinced they don't see Tyrod as a multi year solution at QB. You don't give up a 2nd rounder for a 1 year rental QB. 

The reality is that with the offensive weapons we have ALREADY amassed (not including potentially Barkley) Tyrod Taylor could possibly play MUCH better than he did in Buffalo.  I don't know all what went down in Buffalo but it  seemed like an extremely toxic situation for Taylor to have to deal with (organization-wise to say nothing of talent-wise).  He may well be a much better QB in Cleveland, all things considered.  There is the possibility he can be more than just a bridge here.  Not saying don't take our QB @ #1, just that Taylor could potentially be the best QB moving forward the next several years.  It's one possibility.

QB @ #1 & we're good at 4. That being said, IF the Bills call us after #3 is taken, then that means the guy they want at 4 is still there. THAT'S when the price goes through the roof for #4. For me to even consider it (not saying I would), the price would be AT LEAST 12, 22, and (2) 2nd rounders this year.

If you're hungry enough, you'll eat damn near anything. :rolleyes:

Mike

16 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

I figured some team would trade up to go for a QB.

All the more reason for the Browns to get it right at #1.... and It does look more likely we'll be able to get Chubb at #4. Him with Garrett and Ogunjobi would be awesome 

Does anyone have a clue as to who is being targeted by the Jets?    Why do I think it is likely Rosen.  Or, are they enamored with Baker Mayfield.  Or, are they just willing to take any of 3 guys.

OR....do they have a hard on for Barkley????   No?  Its a thought.  

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Does anyone have a clue as to who is being targeted by the Jets?    Why do I think it is likely Rosen.  Or, are they enamored with Baker Mayfield.  Or, are they just willing to take any of 3 guys.

OR....do they have a hard on for Barkley????   No?  Its a thought.  

Everyone in Jets land believes its a QB and not Barkley. Rosen or Mayfield seem likely to me, but I suppose Allen could be target as well.

Winners - those getting more picks and the best available talent 

Losers - those overreaching for the quarterbacks in this draft

The BROWNS might not be done trading, we'll see on that, it will be a memorable draft this year. They should do very well.

The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.

But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios: 

1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB

2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.

3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4

4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you

5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.

6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs

22 minutes ago, Bigalow80 said:

The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.

But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios: 

1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB

2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.

3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4

4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you

5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.

6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs

Good post. I also wonder if number 5 scenario is what we might really see. If he really likes  a sleeper QB like Jackson or White i think it is what we will see. I also will say I often see it posted hes never taken a RB  in round 1 but how often has he had a chance to get one like Barkley in round 1?

He took a Q

2 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Good post. I also wonder if number 5 scenario is what we might really see. If he really likes  a sleeper QB like Jackson or White i think it is what we will see. I also will say I often see it posted hes never taken a QB  in round 1 but how often has he had a chance to get one like Barkley in round 1?

He took a QB in first round last year, Pat Mahomes.

3 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Good post. I also wonder if number 5 scenario is what we might really see. If he really likes  a sleeper QB like Jackson or White i think it is what we will see. I also will say I often see it posted hes never taken a QB  in round 1 but how often has he had a chance to get one like Barkley in round 1?

I think you mean RB

Archived