THE BROWNS BOARD

From nobody to the top of the first round of the draft - Josh Allen

calfoxwc

yes, it's all about politics. You visited over there - and you are just one of those people.

and yes, you are a dickhead. and you are a fool. You argue and you can't win and you think you should because you are a judge?

I sneeze in your obnoxious direction. Figuratively speaking, of course. btw, I said before - you have to love Mayfield for stuff,

Allen is right up there with Darnold, different questions, and I like Rudolph and Jackson more than you know who. Have a nice bitchin day.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

yes, it's all about politics. You visited over there - and you are just one of those people.

and yes, you are a dickhead. and you are a fool. You argue and you can't win and you think you should because you are a judge?

I sneeze in your obnoxious direction. Figuratively speaking, of course. btw, I said before - you have to love Mayfield for stuff,

Allen is right up there with Darnold, different questions, and I like Rudolph and Jackson more than you know who. Have a nice bitchin day.

I didn't say a word about politics.  Not sure where you got that.  Or was it my use of the term dogma?    I forget that not everyone is as sophisticated in the use of the language as I am....as you demonstrate here.  Dogma in this case has nothing to do with politics....it was in reference to your strict adherence to your personal incontrovertable belief that Allen is the best QB going. 

And two other things:  A. Any arguments I engaged in here  I can and did win.   And B.  My winning had nothing to do with my being a magistrate....it had all to do with my being right.

On these QBs....there are things to like about ALL of them....and things not to like about ALL of them.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, hoorta said:

I remember it like it was yesterday. Allen being Phipps II is a truly scary thought..... Should I start praying for Divine Intervention?   

In regard to the above...  Landry is a huge positive addition. But back to Josh. I understand the "wow"factor of Allen's arm- but it takes more than that to be a pro bowl level qb in the NFL. That's what we all want right?  It doesn't impress me he was throwing 80 yard rainbows at his pro day. I'm pretty sure I've never seen an 80 yard in the air completion in the 60 or so years I've been watching the NFL.

allen put's a spin on his low completion rating said that the coach's had him throwing low completion pass's Ya You Go Girl,,,,Shmuck allen

20 hours ago, syd said:

allen put's a spin on his low completion rating said that the coach's had him throwing low completion pass's

FIFY... ;)

Saw a stat yesterday in a segment on Lamar Jackson. It was for completion percentage for passes in the 5 to 20-yd range. Jackson was the clear leader followed by Rosen then (IIRC) Mayfield and Darnold with Allen bringing up the rear and well in the rear.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

FIFY... ;)

Saw a stat yesterday in a segment on Lamar Jackson. It was for completion percentage for passes in the 5 to 20-yd range. Jackson was the clear leader followed by Rosen then (IIRC) Mayfield and Darnold with Allen bringing up the rear and well in the rear.

Again, stats are data. Information is what is meaningful, derived from the stats. Jackson, Louisville. Mayfield, Oklahoma. Darnold, USC.

The guy that "hoorta can't stand being brought up in an Allen thread" - UCLA, with his LT probly' being a first round draft pick, his center being a later round draft pick.

And Allen with a bunch of guys who won't get drafted, mebbe? Mitigating factors, says I.

20 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Again, stats are data. Information is what is meaningful, derived from the stats. Jackson, Louisville. Mayfield, Oklahoma. Darnold, USC.

The guy that "hoorta can't stand being brought up in an Allen thread" - UCLA, with his LT probly' being a first round draft pick, his center being a later round draft pick.

And Allen with a bunch of guys who won't get drafted, mebbe? Mitigating factors, says I.

I did a "statistics" comparison of the Top 6 QBs here like a month or so ago.   Mayfield was tops.  Rudolph was #2.....perhaps that is the "Big 12 thing", The two LA guys  were in the middle, with  Jackson and Allen bringing in the rear.  So, I get why you don't want to address stats.  

You know....its like lawyering:   When the facts are on your side, argue the facts.  When the law is on your side, argue the law.  When neither are on your side....Bullshite like hell. 

Data vs. Information - Differences in Meaning. Data are simply facts or figures — bits of information, but not information itself. When data are processed, interpreted, organized, structured or presented so as to make them meaningful or useful, they are called information. Information provides context for data.

data-information.jpg

17 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Data vs. Information - Differences in Meaning. Data are simply facts or figures — bits of information, but not information itself. When data are processed, interpreted, organized, structured or presented so as to make them meaningful or useful, they are called information. Information provides context for data.

data-information.jpg

Ah...yes....I see how it works:

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Defenses have to respect Jackson as a rusher in college.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Well if he is a Cleveland Brown I hope he's Rookie of the Year. If he ain't I hope he sucks Canal water

WSS

Or Swamp Water.    The Meadowlands is in the swamps of Jersey....so it would be swamp water.;)

Or maybe he will play for the Venice team of NFL Europe.......err, oh, wait....you say there is no more NFL Europe?  My bad.

What city in the US has a lot of canals?   Fort Lauderdale.   The Dolphins stadium is closer to Ft. Lauderdale than it is to Miami. Maybe he gets taken by the Dolphins.

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's criminally underrated.

He said that this is his favorite role he's ever had. 

Saw an ad for the series on IFC last nite... I did not know it was a thing. DVR set...

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article209849344.html

1. Cleveland Browns. Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

USC’s Sam Darnold may be the “safer” pick and Baker Mayfield may be the “sexier” pick, but Allen has arguably the most upside of any quarterback in this draft. He has the best arm and seems to have the right mindset to turn around the Browns franchise. General manager John Dorsey uses this pick on who he believes is the future of the franchise.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-giants-find-their-next-eli-browns-get-their-qb-and-trade-down/

1. Cleveland Browns

Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming. I just believe he will be the choice for John Dorsey. Draft Twitter will go nuts, but it's the right choice.

NYG.png2. New York Giants

Sam Darnold, QB, USC. They need to find the successor to Eli Manning, so they take the quarterback most have ranked as the best in the draft.

NYJ.png3. New York Jets (from Colts)

Baker Mayfield, QB, OklahomaThey opt to take the gunslinger from Oklahoma over UCLA's Josh Rosen. Mayfield will be fun in New York. 

if you read the actual posts - it was bounced at him, and he bounced it back.

Not smart, he learned. A lot of minorities in his hs in California - must have been a fad.

A point that Phil Simms was making is that with really good NFL coaching the inaccuracy issues fall very quickly with Allen and with the Browns he gets the luxury of not being thrown to the lions that first year. And one other thing he says he noticed in watching several of Allen's games was how often he would take his second hand off the ball as a part of a fake throw. He then shared that Aqib Talid had shared the secret of his success was watching that second hand and not breaking until it came off the ball. He never falls for the two hand fake throw. Simms feels Allen will become really good at looking off safeties and using the one handed fake to pull off safeties and CBs. Simms said that Allen was the only QB in this class that did that important one hand fake consistently.

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

if you read the actual posts - it was bounced at him, and he bounced it back.

Not smart, he learned. A lot of minorities in his hs in California - must have been a fad.

You know, I was going to make a comment on how you'd brush this aside, but I figured you'd rear your head anyway with some links and a comment.  Thanks for not disappointing.

19 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes they are. Everybody's offended by everything always.

And how dare you pick on a high-school kid!?!?

WSS

It's about branding my man. Right or wrong people will rally against Allen because of something like this. The "N" word people could probably look past. But he directly said 

"Why are you so white ? — If it ain't white, it ain't right! "

Joke or not, that stings.

Not that I brushed it aside, jrb, but do you want to post how he probably dirtied his diaper when he was

2 months old, too?

It was said to him, "why are you so white"...and he made a stupid joke in return. same thing with the n-word.

Context - it was wrong, but still, context. After all your excusing Mayfield's antics, you go back to high school for Allen.

I'm not surprised. Haters gonna hate.

Archived