THE BROWNS BOARD

From nobody to the top of the first round of the draft - Josh Allen

calfoxwc

I still believe it's either Darnold or Allen. Who knows? Maybe it will be Darnold or Allen at the 4 pick.

Chubb won't last long. Ward won't either. Barkley won't either.

This draft is going to rock.

https://fansided.com/2018/04/11/sam-darnold-cleveland-browns-rumors-nfl-draft/

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I should not be so harsh on Allen.  I really don't know if he will be any better or worse than the other QB candidates.  I guess it is just the drool factor by Cal that has me somewhat opposed to the Browns taking him.    Same with Barkley and PoG.  

If the Browns actually take these guys I would hope they become the second coming of John Elway and  Walter Payton.  I don't think that will happen...but if they Browns get them...then we can only hope so.

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I guess I should not be so harsh on Allen.  I really don't know if he will be any better or worse than the other QB candidates.  I guess it is just the drool factor by Cal that has me somewhat opposed to the Browns taking him.    Same with Barkley and PoG.  

If the Browns actually take these guys I would hope they become the second coming of John Elway and  Walter Payton.  I don't think that will happen...but if they Browns get them...then we can only hope so.

Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh either. But my dislike of Allen as a prospect has nothing to do with Cal. It involves watching 5 complete games of his, and a hard view of the stats saying the odds are stacked against Josh to be another Elway. If he gets there, great. But the possibility of him winding up in the Boller or Ponder class of busts is far higher. 

From the "Darnold is like a cow on ice" guy...

As for Allen, Wyoming’s strapping, strong-armed quarterback, ask Shonka about him and duck for cover. He does not buy into him, at all.

“Zero,’’ Shonka said. “I saw Allen live this year at Iowa and he looks pretty. If you want a guy on the sidelines warming up, he looks pretty good. At the Senior Bowl, he did not have a good week in practice. He hit a few routes, but there’s nobody really covering. I think Josh Allen is like driving a covered wagon on the Autobahn. When he gets out there with all that speed and all the changing defenses, he can’t see it. He can’t process things fast enough. It doesn’t ever slow down for him. Everything’s so fast. He’s never thrown for a high percentage. If I hear one more time about Josh Allen’s strong arm — he can’t read defenses or make plays.”

https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/one-draft-qb-spared-in-scouts-scathing-draft-take-cow-on-ice/

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

From the "Darnold is like a cow on ice" guy...

As for Allen, Wyoming’s strapping, strong-armed quarterback, ask Shonka about him and duck for cover. He does not buy into him, at all.

“Zero,’’ Shonka said. “I saw Allen live this year at Iowa and he looks pretty. If you want a guy on the sidelines warming up, he looks pretty good. At the Senior Bowl, he did not have a good week in practice. He hit a few routes, but there’s nobody really covering. I think Josh Allen is like driving a covered wagon on the Autobahn. When he gets out there with all that speed and all the changing defenses, he can’t see it. He can’t process things fast enough. It doesn’t ever slow down for him. Everything’s so fast. He’s never thrown for a high percentage. If I hear one more time about Josh Allen’s strong arm — he can’t read defenses or make plays.”

https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/one-draft-qb-spared-in-scouts-scathing-draft-take-cow-on-ice/

^^^ THIS Tour. If us schmucks can see it, why in the hell are guys with 10X more football cred saying- Oh, that Josh Allen, GREAT PROSPECT. In the third round? MHO? If anyone deserves to free fall in the first round- the Wyoming Wonder should be it.  

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

^^^ THIS Tour. If us schmucks can see it, why in the hell are guys with 10X more football cred saying- Oh, that Josh Allen, GREAT PROSPECT. In the third round? MHO? If anyone deserves to free fall in the first round- the Wyoming Wonder should be it.  

Funny you should say that because the NFL Radio guys had a 3rd round darkhorse they thought might end up being the best QB of the whole bunch. And I chose him as Denver's new QB @ # 113 overall. Luke Falk, Wash.St. They compared him favorably to Nick Foles who came out of a similar air-raid college system, some of which was adapted in the last SB according to them.

25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Funny you should say that because the NFL Radio guys had a 3rd round darkhorse they thought might end up being the best QB of the whole bunch. And I chose him as Denver's new QB @ # 113 overall. Luke Falk, Wash.St. They compared him favorably to Nick Foles who came out of a similar air-raid college system, some of which was adapted in the last SB according to them.

I have said all along that I would not be surprised if it is one of the quarterbacks down the list that actually becomes the best quarterback of this class and not one of these "" top five.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/luke-falk?id=32462018-0002-5599-38f9-753dda1f2cc9

Overview

Tall, rhythm passer with good natural accuracy and years of quality production who is much more comfortable working the perimeter and against man coverage. Falk's lack of protection and average mobility has lead to a tremendous amount of sacks and quarterback hits that may have taken a toll on him. While he can throw with touch and accuracy, his deep and intermediate accuracy dipped this season. There are some holes that could be hard to correct in Falk's game and "average starter" may be his ceiling.

Weaknesses

• Quick release disguises inconsistent arm strength
  • Field side throws and attempts to deep middle will float allowing defenders time to close
  • Needs to work on driving ball with lower trajectory between the hash
  • Too willing to make ill-advised, off-balance throws down the field
  • Inconsistency with anticipatory throws is a concern
  • Waits too long to cut it loose leading receivers into oncoming traffic
  • Slow to see blitzers and misses hot routes
  • Mobility is below average
  • Sacked 125 times in his career
  • Pocket poise took downturns at various points during season
  • Decision making stalls out after getting through early reads
  • Majority of interceptions came against zone
  • Nonchalant short touch throws defaulting to back foot releases
  • Must prove he can win beyond his system
  • Almost 74 percent of his pass attempts were less than 10 yards
Sources Tell Us

"He's gotten so beat up in that offense that his health and poise are huge concerns for me moving forward. I was really high on him after his sophomore year but he hasn't gotten any better." -- NFC team West Coast scout

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

cal-that's why he's another dead-horse pick.

u r welcome^^^them damn russian spies love some Cal..(enter hallo emoji here)

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

cal-that's why he's a darkhorse pick.

that's why he's about a 3rd round/4th/5th round pick. He doesn't have the huge upside - more like a dark hole pick. lol

( u r welcome^^^them damn russian spies love some Cal..(enter hallo emoji here) ) Gumby

See? alll this Josh Allen hate is about my being a conservative. IT keeps being brought up again and again.

tough turkeys:rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

See? alll this Josh Allen hate is about my being a conservative.

Wait! cal's a conservative?

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

that's why he's about a 3rd round/4th/5th round pick. He doesn't have the huge upside - more like a dark hole pick. lol

( u r welcome^^^them damn russian spies love some Cal..(enter hallo emoji here) ) Gumby

See? alll this Josh Allen hate is about my being a conservative. IT keeps being brought up again and again.

Everyone's favorite... VICTIM CALFOX! He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

What a snowflake, our lil' cal...

56 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

"And he can't even beat Eastern Michigan... the worst of the Michigan Directional schools..." :lol:

Best line of all...

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

No it's all about the drool factor you have been told numerous timesNo it's all about the drool factor you have been told that

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No it's all about the drool factor you have been told numerous timesNo it's all about the drool factor you have been told that

there's no drool, you fool dickhead. Just adamant belief in my criteria, and you just pout because you can't stand being disagreed with.

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

there's no drool, you fool dickhead. Just adamant belief in my criteria, and you just pout because you can't stand being disagreed with.

It is drool....to the point of obsequiousness.  Both you and Po.   And I don't mind being disagreed with.....because here is a clue for you.....since you are clueless...and have obviously failed to pay attention to what I have said on here:   I DON'T necessarily disagree with you.   I don't necessarily agree with you either.  Allen may be the best choice...or he may not.  I have said that I am not in the camp of any of these QBs.   

Have you really not gotten that? Are you so tunnel visioned and biased that you can't even comprehend anything anyone says unless it is an opinion that kowtows to your own.  Are you really such a slave to your own dogma that you cannot even hear what anyone else has to say? 

Let me repeat it....since your obtusity clearly needs to be cleansed:   I don't necessarily disagree with you that Allen may be the better choice among the top 4 QBs that are generally being considered.  They ALL have their flaws.  In point of fact, I may believe that there is another QB out there that may end up better than all of them.  (see 2012)

And please....get a napkin or hanky and wipe your chin. 

Archived