THE BROWNS BOARD

From nobody to the top of the first round of the draft - Josh Allen

calfoxwc

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Never stopped me before...

By far Favre cost the Pack more Super Bowls than he won them. The only one they won when he was there was because Reggie White explained things to him so even Brett could understand it.

Brett Favre is the worst excuse for a QB in the HoF.

You are venturing into Cal/Rosen territory with unsubstantiated hate.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Only if you're counting SB wins VS stats. Brady will be the unquestioned GOAT by that yardstick. BTW I have to disagree about Farve being the worst excuse (I looked) Y A Tittle.  :)   

Here is the list of (modern day) QBs.....in the HOF.

Tell who is unworthy of being in there:

Modern Era: Quarterbacks (26)

Troy Aikman 1989-2000
George Blanda (Also PK) 1949-1958, 1960-1975
Terry Bradshaw 1970-1983
Len Dawson 1957-1975
John Elway 1983-1998
Brett Favre 1991-2010
Dan Fouts 1973-1987
Otto Graham 1946-1955
Bob Griese 1967-1980
Sonny Jurgensen 1957-1974
Jim Kelly 1986-1996
Bobby Layne 1948-1962
Dan Marino 1983-1999
Joe Montana 1979-1994
Warren Moon 1984-2000
Joe Namath 1965-1977
Ken Stabler 1970-1984
Bart Starr 1956-1971
Roger Staubach 1969-1979
Fran Tarkenton 1961-1978
Y.A. Tittle 1948-1964
Johnny Unitas 1956-1973
Norm Van Brocklin 1949-1960
Kurt Warner 1998-2009
Bob Waterfield 1945-1952
Steve Young 1985-1999

Also, add these "old timers"  Any unworthy?

Sammy Baugh (QB) 1937-1952
Earl Clark (QB) 1931-1932, 1934-1938
Jimmy Conzelman (QB) # 1920-1929
John Driscoll (QB) 1920-1929
Benny Friedman 1927-1934
Arnie Herber (QB) 1930-1940, 1944-1945
Sid Luckman (QB) 1939-1950
Clarence (Ace) Parker (QB) 1937-141, 1945-1946
Fritz Pollard (QB) 1919-1926

I personally have no issue with any of them.  There are a couple that, imo, might should be in that are not....Ken Anderson ,   McNabb, Brodie, Gabriel....arguable.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You are venturing into Cal/Rosen territory with unsubstantiated hate.

The Reggie White story is well documented in a 330 for 30 IIRC.

His INT total is in the record book.

I'm not going to dive into stats, but I think that one of Favre's main assets was his attitude and competitiveness. 

Having such a great leader able to play under such pain non-stop for so many years I believe makes up for his gunslinger flaws. 

19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The word  angels, dancing, head of pin come to mind.

The word "ignore" comes to mind.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

April 26th......all threads about players the Browns do not pick should be closed...or, at least the next day.

& if the Browns don't take Barkley Po gets a week T-O for wasting everyone's time?   

37 minutes ago, hoorta said:

& if the Browns don't take Barkley Po gets a week T-O for wasting everyone's time?   

And you...or Z...whoever, does a  "name change" for him....ala Teddy Twatwater  (test, test...to see if it still works). Suckson Boners or the like.

Edit...it still works for the Twat.

(Z won't because he is still a Penn St. guy)

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

thought you got tired of rosen being mentioned in the Allen thread I started.

wait - it's okay - if he's brought up by your little political favorites. oopsies.

(why talk about Barkley in an Allen thread? )

yeah. keep hold of your little rosen poster - it might be worth a nickle someday.

7 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

wait - it's okay - if he's brought up by your little political favorites. oopsies.

yeah. keep hold of your little rosen poster - it might be worth a nickle someday.

You have really gone over the edge.  Now you are paranoid or just having delusions.  Nowhere was Rosen mentioned in this.  Rosen must haunt your dreams...you are seeing him even where he ain't. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

April 26th......all threads about players the Browns do not pick should be closed...or, at least the next day.

I was responding to THIS Cal.

20 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I'll be sure to send you a Rosen Fathead if we draft him, oblivious one. How many freaking times do I have to tell you I'm not a Rosen fanboy? Just because I don't like Allen means I love Rosen? You're full of $hit, and being damn inattentive on top of it.  I've posted five times at least, Rosen is around my third choice. Bluntly- you're starting to get me POed, and it takes one hell of a lot to do so. . 

If you'd like I can have Zombo kick YOU off for a week too if Allen doesn't get drafted by the Browns...  And for sure, I'll lock this thread.  You make up in obnoxiousness what Po does in sheer volume.

22 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Second interview had the same concerns about completion % that many of us have and also said Rosen is the most ready for the NFL right now.

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Lamar Jackson and Josh Rosen most closely compares to Brandon Weeden?  That is a fresh take.   And Allen compared to Tebow?  Where does that come from?

Sam Darnold on par with Colt McCoy?   Sadly....that actually sounds completely plausible.

HA ! It's okay to mention rosen if you're one of hoorta's little helpers......

52 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You have really gone over the edge.  Now you are paranoid or just having delusions.  Nowhere was Rosen mentioned in this.  Rosen must haunt your dreams...you are seeing him even where he ain't. 

so, have a little looksies in the previous post, gippsies. You see the part where YOU MENTIONED ROSEN just eight hours ago?

Sounds like you have short-term memory loss. Methinks it's you over the edge. I don't plant another stage of trays until tomorrow, maybe the next day. It's freakin 30 degrees out. Had to get the greenhouse heater going.

I had a few minutes to stop in. Have a nice day.

https://www.recipelion.com/Misc-Meats/Crow-Pie

Crow Pie

Ingredients

• 1 crow
  • stuffing of your choice
  • salt and pepper
  • shortening
  • flour
  • 2 Pie crust mixes
  • 2-3 hard-boiled eggs
Instructions

Stuff the crow. Loosen joints with a knife but do not cut through. Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from bones and set aside. Prepare pie crusts as directed. (Do not bake) Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in which the crow has cooked and let cool. Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled egg. Place crow meat on top. Layer gravy over the crow. Place second pie dough crust over top. Bake at 450 degrees for 1/2 hour.

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I was responding to THIS Cal.

I'll be sure to send you a Rosen Fathead if we draft him, oblivious one. How many freaking times do I have to tell you I'm not a Rosen fanboy? Just because I don't like Allen means I love Rosen? You're full of $hit, and being damn inattentive on top of it.  I've posted five times at least, Rosen is around my third choice. Bluntly- you're starting to get me POed, and it takes one hell of a lot to do so. . 

If you'd like I can have Zombo kick YOU off for a week too if Allen doesn't get drafted by the Browns...  And for sure, I'll lock this thread.  You make up in obnoxiousness what Po does in sheer volume.

been busy, little volume. My bad, I thought you were a rosen fan because apparently you have rosen fatheads to send out?

How about you agree to send me a Josh Allen fathead when the Browns draft him? B)

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And you...or Z...whoever, does a  "name change" for him....ala Teddy Twatwater  (test, test...to see if it still works). Suckson Boners or the like.

Edit...it still works for the Twat.

(Z won't because he is still a Penn St. guy)

Even if I wasn't I'm not sure why we aren't supposed to like Saquan Barkley.

Just like the Derrick Anderson backlash from Lumbergh ... as long as Barkley isn't a Steeler or Raven ... I've got nothing against him. Hate the poster, but why the player?

Twatwater said he didn't want to play in Cleveland, that's when he became Twatwater.

Zombo

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

14 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

You really need to see a psychiatrist because you are becoming paranoid schizophrenic about Rosen. I mention Rosen because he was in that list of people that list of Quarterbacksthat were compared to other past quarterbackst's. That is why I mentioned Rosen . I talked about every single other QB that's up for draft this year as well.   I am not the one that put Rosen's name on here....I only quoted someone else in regard to all those comparisons.

47 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Even if I wasn't I'm not sure why we aren't supposed to like Saquan Barkley.

Just like the Derrick Anderson backlash from Lumbergh ... as long as Barkley isn't a Steeler or Raven ... I've got nothing against him. Hate the poster, but why the player?

Twatwater said he didn't want to play in Cleveland, that's when he became Twatwater.

Zombo

I know I am just giving crap to all you who have a boner for barky

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Me saying what the interview contains makes me a hoorta little helper? Gee I thought I was only clarifying the  video that you supplied. That would make me your little helper.;)

But I draw the line on planting tomatoes.:lol:

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Me saying what the interview contains makes me a hoorta little helper? Gee I thought I was only clarifying the  video that you supplied. That would make me your little helper.;)

But I draw the line on planting tomatoes.:lol:

I think Cal has had too much pesticides going to his brain. He is acting like Scrooge seeing the ghost of Marley every time the name Rosen is mentioned.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

been busy, little volume. My bad, I thought you were a rosen fan because apparently you have rosen fatheads to send out?

How about you agree to send me a Josh Allen fathead when the Browns draft him? B)

Ok I'll send you an Allen Fathead instead. :)

Archived