THE BROWNS BOARD

Updating the Depth Chart

Zombo

Well... you're LBs are a little off since Alexander got cut today, and there is no LB named "Grace" on the roster. 

Overall, here's how I see it:  (Bold are newly acquired vets, underlined are rookies, italics are bubble players and players in () are currently OFF my 53-man)

QB – T. Taylor, D. Stanton, B. Mayfield

RB – C. Hyde, D. Johnson, N. Chubb(M. Dayes)

FB – D. Vitale, (M. Williams)

WR – J. Gordon, J. Landry, C. Coleman, J. Janis, A. Callaway, R. Higgins, (R. Louis, D. Ratley)

TE – D. Njoku, S. DeValve, D. Fells

LT– S. Coleman, S. Drango

LG - J. Bitonio, A. Corbett

C - J. Tretter, A. Reiter

RG - K. Zeitler

RT - C. HubbardD. Stephenson, (R. Johnson, D. Harrison)

*25 offensive players

RDE - M. Garrett, C. Thomas, (N. Orchard)

RDT - L. Ogunjobi, J. Meder, (T. Thompson)

LDT - T. Coley, C. Brantley

LDE - E. Ogbah, C. Smith(C. Nassib)

SLB - J. Collins, J. Burgess

MLB - J. Schobert,  T. Carder, G. Avery

WLB - C. Kirksey, D. Nicolas

CB – D. Ward, T. Carrie, E. Gaines, B. Boddy-Calhoun, T. Mitchell, M. Jordan, (H. Wilson, D. Rice, S. Thomas)

S – D. Randall, J. Peppers, D. Kindred, J. Currie, (E. Campbell, E. Berry)

*25 defensive players

K – Z. Gonzalez, P - B. Colquitt, LS - C. Hughlett

*3 special teams players

53 total

21 new players (40% Turnover)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't help but notice... it seems the Browns only drafted ONE immediate starter this year...

I see potential for 5 (Mayfield, Chubb, Callaway, Corbett, Ward), but still that is not super impressive for having 5 picks in the first 2 rounds.  

I'm okay with Mayfield and Chubb but it seems we could've created a greater impact rather than drafting Corbett and Thomas to "develop"...

Just my thoughts...

15 minutes ago, thenew23 said:

Well... you're LBs are a little off since Alexander got cut today, and there is no LB named "Grace" on the roster. 

Overall, here's how I see it:  (Bold are newly acquired vets, underlined are rookies, italics are bubble players and players in () are currently OFF my 53-man)

WR – J. Gordon, J. Landry, C. Coleman, J. Janis, A. Callaway, R. Higgins, (R. Louis, D. Ratley)

RG - K. Zeitler

*25 offensive players

CB – D. Ward, T. Carrie, E. Gaines, B. Boddy-Calhoun, T. Mitchell, M. Jordan, (H. Wilson, D. Rice, S. Thomas)

*25 defensive players

*3 special teams players

53 total

Grace was signed from Colts, when I did the depth chart Grace signing had made the news but Alexander cut had not yet.

I don't have either of them making the roster, soo ...

Zombo

49 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I heard Dorsey say that Avery should get looks inside and out, and Hue called him a special teams gem ... His versatility actually could mean the end for Alexander and Tank could hang on because of his special teams prowess as well. Schobert's Pro Bowl season ended any starting dreams for the Tank.

My opinion on Safety is that we've got two starters that will be in there for almost all snaps, and Kindred is a solid backup with starting experience so they may keep an extra body at corner, I'm sure some of those guys can be cross trained at safety.

I called Avery's outside potential when I rolled out my D-side sleeper list... so I guess Dorsey and I agree on something. My one concern is that we jack him around inside and outside. He needs to settle into one spot and work on his "reads", which is where he was spotty.

The safety concern comes from not being able to depend on 32 starts between the two of them. CBs as bcakups? Sure... not as if there's another option, but there's not a lot of skillset overlap between press corners and safeties.

You nailed the Alexander release... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-release-two-players/9f422b01-3c2c-44fb-a006-ec31f8373c52

... or is Zoey in for voluntary workouts?

6 hours ago, Nero said:

How'd ya like the Process now? 

So far so good - on paper....  but I reserve the right to use the pink font if the game day results don't drastically improve over the last Process

5 hours ago, thenew23 said:

RG - K. Zeitler

*25 offensive players

*25 defensive players

*3 special teams players

53 total

Nassib, H. Wilson, Orchard and Evan Berry. I think these guys stick. 

Carl Nassib is a great player, totally under-rated. 

Howard Wilson missed his rookie year due to injury, I think he has some tremendous upside if his kneecap heals fine. Could be a gem but we won't know until we bust this geode open. 

Orchard has played in different positions every season he's been here. I think I remember him being injured one year. He's a guy to watch as well. 

The new kid on the block- Evan Berry. Sometimes it's just in the genetics. Playmaker and hard hitting former first round safety Eric Berry's baby brother. This kid has the juice. Love the EB's move to the offensive side of the ball. The guy can make plays and is good with the ball in his hands. Had a knee injury in 2016 and then broke his hand last year. He's healthy now and wants the ball. Special Teams Star with some Offense added in. 

On 5/3/2018 at 7:15 AM, Zombo said:

Updated 5/3/18 with some recent transactions, added a couple udfa's into the mix.

My last wo vets on the roster are Reiter and Tank ... didn't have the heart to unbold either yet.

OK, so here is my post-Draft depth chart, my Top 53 contenders to make the roster in Bold. Injuries and UDFA that make the team will change all that, and a couple veterans will get cut or traded,  but this is kinda where I see us now:

QB: Taylor, Mayfield, Stanton

FB Vitale

RB Hyde, ChubbDuke,  

WR1 Gordon, Callaway, Ricardo, Janis

WR2 Landry, Coleman, Higgins, Ratley

TE Njoku, FellsDevalve

LT Coleman, Corbett

LG Bitonio, Drango

C Tretter, Reiter

RG Zeitler

RT HubbardStephenson, Harrison

DE Garrett, C. Smith, Orchard

DT Coley, Brantley

DT Ogunjobi, Meder, Thompson

DE Ogbah,  C. Thomas, Nassib

SLB Collins, Burgess, Grace

MLB Schobert Avery, Carder

WLB Kirksey, Nicolas, Alexander, 

CB WardGaines, S. Thomas, Wilson, Jordan

CB Carrie, Taylor, Boddy-Calhoun, Mitchell

SS Peppers, Kindred

FS Randall,  Currie

K Gonzalez

P Colquitt

LS Hughlett

KR Johnson

PR Peppers

26 O 24D 3 ST

One of the most interesting and useful threads on the board. Well see how things progress through the camps leading to the preseason games, not too far away.

On 5/3/2018 at 6:59 PM, PoeticG said:

Nassib, H. Wilson, Orchard and Evan Berry. I think these guys stick. 

Carl Nassib is a great player, totally under-rated. 

Howard Wilson missed his rookie year due to injury, I think he has some tremendous upside if his kneecap heals fine. Could be a gem but we won't know until we bust this geode open. 

Orchard has played in different positions every season he's been here. I think I remember him being injured one year. He's a guy to watch as well. 

The new kid on the block- Evan Berry. Sometimes it's just in the genetics. Playmaker and hard hitting former first round safety Eric Berry's baby brother. This kid has the juice. Love the EB's move to the offensive side of the ball. The guy can make plays and is good with the ball in his hands. Had a knee injury in 2016 and then broke his hand last year. He's healthy now and wants the ball. Special Teams Star with some Offense added in. 

And don't worry if you're wrong - Ghoolie will announce I said all that. Always does....

Evan Berry? Why would a below average SS who can't stay healthy stick trying to be a WR?

Here is some Post-Rookie-minicamp tweaking:

FB Vitale

RB Hyde, ChubbDuke,  

WR2 Landry, Coleman, Higgins, Ratley

TE Njoku, FellsDevalve

LT Coleman, Corbett

LG Bitonio, Drango

C Tretter, Reiter

RG Zeitler

RT HubbardStephenson, Harrison

DE Garrett, C. Smith, Orchard

DT Coley, Brantley

DT Ogunjobi, Meder, Thompson

SLB Collins, Burgess, 

WLB Kirksey, Grace

CB WardGaines, S. Thomas, Wilson, Jordan

CB Carrie, Taylor, Boddy-Calhoun, Mitchell

SS Peppers, Kindred

FS Randall,  Currie

K Gonzalez

P Colquitt

LS Hughlett

KR Calloway

PR Calloway

I'll do a more detailed depth chart with everyone on the roster once we get to camp, but this is just still a tracking of the major players.

Positions to watch: OL Obviously there is great debate as where Corbett lands, I am basing my opinion on how nicely four of the starters are being paid, and I have him competing at LT with Coleman for now. Reiter still feels like a luxury to me, we'll see how the highly talked of Harrison does in camp for one of those spots ... and where the dreaded injury bug falls.

Linebacker: With the Nicolas trade not going through, seems to be real dearth of depth here. Perhaps I should move Orchard into the backup LB mix, perhaps the Browns have already done that.

Cornerback: Too many bodies. So you figure out who THIS administration brought in: Ward, Carrie, Gaines (there's your top 3) Thomas and Mitchell. That's five. So that doesn't bode well for last year's main players Taylor and Calhoun. One or both will be gone. Can't imagine Taylor staying as fourth corner.

Zombo

Here is what Ourlads has as the Browns depth chart:

OFFENSE
LWR 12 Gordon, Josh 12S/2 80 Louis, Ricardo 16/4 13 Janis, Jeff U/GB 00 Ratley, Damion 18/6 00 Berry, Evan CF18
LWR                 00 Scott, Da'Mari CF18
RWR 19 Coleman, Corey 16/1 81 Higgins, Rashard 16/5 00 Callaway, Antonio 18/4 49 Cajuste, Devon SF18 88 Board, CJ SF17
RWR                 00 Willies, Derrick CF18
SWR 80 Landry, Jarvis T/Mia                
LT 72 Coleman, Shon 16/3 78 Johnson, Roderick 17/5 67 Schneider, Christian SF18 00 Harrison, Desmond CF18    
LG 75 Bitonio, Joel 14/2 66 Drango, Spencer 16/5 67 Barker, Chris W/NE 00 Lauina, Fred CF18    
C 64 Tretter, JC U/GB 62 Reiter, Austin P/Was            
RG 70 Zeitler, Kevin U/Cin 00 Corbett, Austin 18/2 79 Gray, Geoff P/NYJ        
RT 74 Hubbard, Chris U/Pit 71 Stephenson, Donald U/Den 71 Salako, Victor SF17 00 DiLauro, Christian CF18    
TE 88 FELLS, DARREN U/Det 85 Njoku, David 17/1 87 DeValve, Seth 16/4        
QB 5 Taylor, Tyrod T/Buf 9 STANTON, DREW U/Arz 6 Mayfield, Baker 18/1 8 Stave, Joel SF18    
RB 34 Hyde, Carlos U/SF 00 Chubb, Nick 18/2 29 Johnson, Duke 15/3 27 Dayes, Matt 17/7 00 Hilliard, Dontrell CF18
FB 40 Vitale, Dan P/TB 42 Williams, Marquez SF17            
DEFENSE
DE 95 Garrett, Myles 17/1 50 Smith, Chris U/Cin 00 Thomas, Chad 18/3        
DT 93 Coley, Trevon SF16 99 Brantley, Caleb 17/6 97 Faulk, Jeremy SF18 00 Ekuale, Daniel CF18    
DT 65 Ogunjobi, Larry 17/3 98 Meder, Jamie SF14 00 Thompson, Trenton CF18        
DE 90 Ogbah, Emmanuel 16/2 94 Nassib, Carl 16/3            
SLB 51 Collins, Jamie T/NE 44 Orchard, Nate 15/2 52 Burgess, James SF16        
MLB 53 Schobert, Joe 16/4 59 Carder, Tank W/Buf 00 Avery, Genard 18/5 50 Bello, BJ CF17 57 Calitro, Austin SF17
WLB 58 Kirksey, Christian 14/3 00 Nicolas, Dadi T/KC 00 Grace, Jermaine W/Ind        
LCB 00 Ward, Denzel 18/1 20 Boddy-Calhoun, Briean W/Jax 39 Mitchell, Terrance U/KC 41 Jordan, Michael W/LAR    
S 22 Peppers, Jabrill 17/1 26 Kindred, Derrick 16/4 36 Smith, Derron P/Cin 00 Hannemann, Micah CF18    
S 23 Randall, Damarious T/GB 39 Currie, Justin SF16 00 Campbell, Elijah CF18 00 Meander, Montrel CF18    
RCB 21 Taylor, Jamar T/Mia 28 Gaines, EJ U/Buf 23 Wilson, Howard 17/4 00 Thomas, Simeon 18/6 37 Rice, Denzel SF18
NB 38 Carrie, Travis U/Oak      

A couple of questions:

1. How does Fells rate as the starter at TE....and Njoku second string?

2. They still have Nicolas in as LB, even though that trade was nullified.   I agree that help at OLB seems to be the one area of continued need.

3. They have Corbett at  RG....not LT. Perhaps speaks to his versatility.

4. They still have Jamar Taylor starting.   While he may be slotted there now, I do not believe that will last, at all. 

Question:  does anyone think that any of the dozen UDFA's will make the final 53 man roster?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

A couple of questions:

2. They still have Nicolas in as LB, even though that trade was nullified.   I agree that help at OLB seems to be the one area of continued need.

4. They still have Jamar Taylor starting.   While he may be slotted there now, I do not believe that will last, at all. 

Question:  does anyone think that any of the dozen UDFA's will make the final 53 man roster?

That website is decent for looking at the depth chart, but it is not the end-all-be-all.  They do a good job during the season of keeping it up-do-date; however, during the off-season is is typically off (including all 4 things you had above).

The best way to stay updated is probably the Browns website, under the "transactions" section.  They are usually a day behind, but still remain accurate.

You'll see, yesterday we signed 2 new players: Lenny Jones, DL and Julian Allen, TE

6 minutes ago, thenew23 said:

That website is decent for looking at the depth chart, but it is not the end-all-be-all.  They do a good job during the season of keeping it up-do-date; however, during the off-season is is typically off (including all 4 things you had above).

The best way to stay updated is probably the Browns website, under the "transactions" section.  They are usually a day behind, but still remain accurate.

You'll see, yesterday we signed 2 new players: Lenny Jones, DL and Julian Allen, TE

I know that the Browns website depth chart is the better one to use.  But, a lot of times...they do no bother at all to publish one.  See the link here:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

They seemingly will not bother to publish a depth chart until either the start of the Pre-season games...or before the regular season games.

So....we look at what sites do publish a depth chart.

and the transactions only tell what players are in and which are out....but do not say where they fit on the depth chart. ...though the guys you mention will likely end up on the 4th string.....unless you know something about them.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I know that the Browns website depth chart is the better one to use.  But, a lot of times...they do no bother at all to publish one.  See the link here:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

They seemingly will not bother to publish a depth chart until either the start of the Pre-season games...or before the regular season games.

So....we look at what sites do publish a depth chart.

Depth chart? Not so much.  None of the sites keep a good one, really; however, the "Roster" section on the Browns website is pretty much kept up to date.  

Try keeping your own running depth chart based on what you read about practices and things in the media.  I try and do that every year.  It drives me crazy, especially when injuries start happening in camp and they start signing and waiving players left-and-right, but it is a fun little exercise.

• QB – T. Taylor, D. Stanton, B. Mayfield, J. Stave
  • RB – C. Hyde, D. Johnson, N. Chubb, M. Dayes, D. Hilliard
  • FB – D. Vitale, M. Williams
  • WR – J. Gordon, J. Landry, C. Coleman, J. Janis, R. Louis, R. Higgins, A. Callaway, D. Ratley,  C. Board, , D. Scott, D. Willies, E. Berry
  • TE – D. Njoku, S. DeValve, D. Fells, D. Cajuste, J. Allen
  • OT – C. Hubbard, S. Coleman, D. Stephenson, S. Drango, A. Corbett, R. Johnson, V. Salako, C. Schneider, D. Harrison, C. DiLauro
  • OG – J. Bitonio, K. Zeitler, G. Gray, F. Laurina
  • C – J. Tretter, A. Reiter
    • Offense = 44
  • DT – T. Coley, L. Ogunjobi, C. Brantley, J. Meder, J. Faulk, T. Thompson, D. Ekuale
  • DE – M. Garrett, E. Ogbah, C. Smith, C. Nassib, N. Orchard, C. Thomas, L. Jones
  • MLB – J. Schobert, T. Carder, B. Bello, A. Calitro, G. Avery
  • OLB – J. Collins, C. Kirksey, J. Burgess, J. Grace
  • CB – T. Carrie, E. Gaines, D. Ward,  J. Taylor, B. Boddy-Calhoun, T. Mitchell, M. Jordan, H. Wilson, D. Rice, S. Thomas, M. Meander
  • S – D. Randall, J. Peppers, D. Kindred, J. Currie, D. Smith, M. Hannermann, E. Campbell
    • Defense = 41
  • K – Z. Gonzalez
  • P – B. Colquitt, M. Carrizosa
  • LS – C. Hughlett
    • Special Teams = 4

89 total players (including unsigned drafted players)

Updated 5/7/18

2 hours ago, thenew23 said:

Depth chart? Not so much.  None of the sites keep a good one, really; however, the "Roster" section on the Browns website is pretty much kept up to date.  

Try keeping your own running depth chart based on what you read about practices and things in the media.  I try and do that every year.  It drives me crazy, especially when injuries start happening in camp and they start signing and waiving players left-and-right, but it is a fun little exercise.

No, I don't need to be driven crazy by doing that.   Others have done it, so why should I take the time to do so.  Ourlads will be 90% accurate, so I don't have to duplicate it....only second guess it on one or two ...3 spots at the most.

2 hours ago, thenew23 said:
  • QB – T. Taylor, D. Stanton, B. Mayfield, J. Stave
  • RB – C. Hyde, D. Johnson, N. Chubb, M. Dayes, D. Hilliard
  • FB – D. Vitale, M. Williams
  • WR – J. Gordon, J. Landry, C. Coleman, J. Janis, R. Louis, R. Higgins, A. Callaway, D. Ratley,  C. Board, , D. Scott, D. Willies, E. Berry
  • TE – D. Njoku, S. DeValve, D. Fells, D. Cajuste, J. Allen
  • OT – C. Hubbard, S. Coleman, D. Stephenson, S. Drango, A. Corbett, R. Johnson, V. Salako, C. Schneider, D. Harrison, C. DiLauro
  • OG – J. Bitonio, K. Zeitler, G. Gray, F. Laurina
    • Offense = 44
  • DT – T. Coley, L. Ogunjobi, C. Brantley, J. Meder, J. Faulk, T. Thompson, D. Ekuale
  • DE – M. Garrett, E. Ogbah, C. Smith, C. Nassib, N. Orchard, C. Thomas, L. Jones
  • MLB – J. Schobert, T. Carder, B. Bello, A. Calitro, G. Avery
  • OLB – J. Collins, C. Kirksey, J. Burgess, J. Grace
  • CB – T. Carrie, E. Gaines, D. Ward,  J. Taylor, B. Boddy-Calhoun, T. Mitchell, M. Jordan, H. Wilson, D. Rice, S. Thomas, M. Meander
  • S – D. Randall, J. Peppers, D. Kindred, J. Currie, D. Smith, M. Hannermann, E. Campbell
    • Defense = 41
  • K – Z. Gonzalez
  • P – B. Colquitt, M. Carrizosa
  • LS – C. Hughlett
    • Special Teams = 4

Updated 5/7/18

You didn't explain it, but I take it that the bold are new players acquired in either FA or trade, and the italics are  rookies, either drafted or UDFAs.?

5 hours ago, thenew23 said:
  • QB – T. Taylor, D. Stanton, B. Mayfield, J. Stave-camp arm CUT
  • RB – C. Hyde, D. Johnson, N. Chubb, M. Dayes PS, D. Hilliard-CUT
  • FB – NOT SURE HALEY HAS 1 ON ROSTER AT THIS TIME BUT WE CARRY 1
  • WR – J. Gordon, J. Landry, C. Coleman, J. Janis, R. Louis, R. Higgins, A. Callaway, D. Ratley PS,  C. Board-CUT, , D. Scott-CUT, D. Willies-CUT, E. Berry-CUT
  • TE – D. Njoku, S. DeValve, D. Fells, D. Cajuste-CUT, J. Allen-PS
  • OT – C. Hubbard, S. Coleman, D. Stephenson, S. Drango (G/T), A. Corbett, R. Johnson-CUT, V. Salako-CUT, C. Schneider-CUT, D. Harrison PS, C. DiLauro-CUT
  • OG – J. Bitonio, K. Zeitler, G. Gray-CUT, F. Laurina-CUT
    • Offense = 26...4 PS-DAYES//RATLEY/ALLEN/D.HARRISON
  • DT – T. Coley, L. Ogunjobi, C. Brantley, J. Meder, J. Faulk-CUT, T. Thompson-PS, D. Ekuale-CUT
  • DE – M. Garrett, E. Ogbah, C. Smith, C. Nassib, N. Orchard, C. Thomas, L. Jones-PS
  • MLB – J. Schobert, T. Carder, B. Bello-CUT, A. Calitro-CUT, G. Avery
  • OLB – J. Collins, C. Kirksey, J. Burgess, J. Grace-CUT
  • CB – T. Carrie, E. Gaines, D. Ward,  J. Taylor-CUT/TRADED before VET Camp, B. Boddy-Calhoun, T. Mitchell, M. Jordan-PS, H. Wilson-PS, D. Rice-CUT, S. Thomas-PS, M. Meander-CUT
  • S – D. Randall, J. Peppers, D. Kindred, J. Currie-PS, D. Smith-CUT, M. Hannermann-CUT, E. Campbell-CUT
    • Defense = 24...6 PS-T.Thompson/L.Jones/M.Jordan/H.Wilson/S.Thomas/J.Currie
  • K – Z. Gonzalez
  • P – B. Colquitt, M. Carrizosa-CAMP LEG CUT
  • LS – C. Hughlett
    • Special Teams = 3

Updated 5/7/18

Good stuff thenew23..Far to Early^^^Final 3 in...Higgins/Reiter/Orchard.1 FB included in 53...J.Taylor traded? if no takers? Cut before Vet Camp..PS-RB-Dayes/WR-Ratley/TE-J.Allen/OT D.Harrison/DT-T.Thompson/DE-L.Jones/CB-M.Jordan/CB-H.Wilson/CB-S.Thomas/S-J.Currie..

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

A couple of questions:

I think I have addressed your four points in my notes and updated depth chart. Do you want us to answer why OurLads has theirs their way?

Ya, I think a couple UDFAs will stick, too early to say who, but the OT Harrison and the DT Thompson seem to have the most "heat", that's why I've already included them in my mix.

You can make assumptions about who would start or make the roster if we played a game this week, but predicting final roster spots comes down to a lot of ... who stays healthy, especially at the bottom of the roster.

Some vets (Taylor, Calhoun?, Coleman?) may get moved and some guys will get injured, and there will be opportunities for rookies, both the draft picks and the udfas.

Zombo

56 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I think I have addressed your four points in my notes and updated depth chart. Do you want us to answer why OurLads has theirs their way?

Ya, I think a couple UDFAs will stick, too early to say who, but the OT Harrison and the DT Thompson seem to have the most "heat", that's why I've already included them in my mix.

You can make assumptions about who would start or make the roster if we played a game this week, but predicting final roster spots comes down to a lot of ... who stays healthy, especially at the bottom of the roster.

Some vets (Taylor, Calhoun?, Coleman?) may get moved and some guys will get injured, and there will be opportunities for rookies, both the draft picks and the udfas.

Zombo

They UDFAs with the best chance barring injuries that hand it to them, would be those who really excel on STs. Got to have great players on those if you want to win that major part of the game and you can't risk any "stars" due to so many injuries that often come with ST play.

EDIT: and I see we added the leagues 7th best net punter from GB (24 yo Justin Vogel) to compete with the 33 yo Colquitt.

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They UDFAs with the best chance barring injuries that hand it to them, would be those who really excel on STs. Got to have great players on those if you want to win that major part of the game and you can't risk any "stars" due to so many injuries that often come with ST play.

EDIT: and I see we added the leagues 7th best net punter from GB (24 yo Justin Vogel) to compete with the 33 yo Colquitt.

If he's coming from Green Bay, that's not good news for Colquitt. Means Wolfe Jr. has an erection for him.

Zombo

4 minutes ago, Zombo said:

If he's coming from Green Bay, that's not good news for Colquitt. Means Wolfe Jr. has an erection for him.

Zombo

Plus he's from the Miami U mafia.:D

53 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

And, he may be good.  But Colquitt was a very good punter for us.   There are a few other positions where it would be nice to have that kind of competition.

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor Gone, as Expected ... Here's an update. added a few more names, specified a few jobs. I'm moving Orchard to linebacker, seems he has a better chance to make the team there. Burgess is my last man off the roster now ... but injuries happen

FB Vitale, Williams

RB Hyde, ChubbDuke (3rd down),  Dayes

WR2 Landry (Slot), Coleman, Higgins, Ratley

TE Njoku, Fells(Blocking)Devalve

LT Coleman, Corbett, Johnson

LG Bitonio, Drango

C Tretter, Reiter

RG Zeitler, Fabiano

DE Garrett (edge), C. Smith,

DT Coley, Brantley

DT Ogunjobi, Meder, Thompson

SLB Collins, OrchardBurgess

WLB Kirksey, Grace

CB Ward Mitchell, S. Thomas, Wilson, 

CB Carrie (Nickel), Gaines, Boddy-Calhoun, Jordan

SS Peppers, Kindred, Smith

FS Randall,  Currie

K Gonzalez

P Colquitt, Vogel

LS Hughlett

KR Calloway, Dayes

PR Calloway, Peppers

• 3 weeks later...

Good bye, Tank.

Here is how I see it with just over 5 weeks til camp...

I'm going to make a bold move here ... I think they signed Kendricks to start ... so I'm putting him on the weakside and moving Kirksey to the middle ... I think that gives us the most talent on the field ... and Pro Bowler Schoebert becomes the fourth guy in the rotation ... Just a hunch. Anyway, it is good to have 4 starter-quality guys at LB ... looking like a real NFL roster this year.

FB Vitale, Williams

RB Hyde, ChubbDuke (3rd down),  Dayes

WR1 Gordon, Callaway, Ricardo, Ratley

WR2 Landry (Slot), Coleman, Janis, Higgins 

TE Njoku, Fells(Blocking)Devalve

LT Coleman, Corbett, Johnson

LG Bitonio, Drango

C Tretter, Reiter

RG Zeitler, Fabiano

DE Garrett (edge), C. Smith,