Joe Thomas has retired

LondonBrown

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Happy Trails, Joe!

Changes draft plans for sure.

Isn’t Hubbard the new tackle with Stephenson for depth? 

Remains to be seen if he and Coleman line up left or right tackle 

9 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

Really Joe you couldn’t announce that last week?

Cmon man, he’s earned the right to decide when he’s ready. 

7 minutes ago, Sober Poet said:

Dammit London.

You been beating me to the post by two minutes all day.

True fan.  Well played...

God Bless Joe.

Haha it’s because I have so many websites etc open at once while I’m at work 

Sad, but not totally unexpected with some of the OL the Browns brought in the last few days. Wish you well in your broadcasting career. See you down the road someday in Canton.  

11 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

Really Joe you couldn’t announce that last week?

Maybe he had told the Browns privately what his plans were? I think most of us would have a hard time deciding if it's better to take $10+ million to play another year, or wind up 1\2 crippled the rest of your life.  

I respect the man for all the effort he has put through all this tough years, and I understand that at one point you have to think how do you want to live the rest of your life. NFL takes a lot from the players' body. 

Take care, Joe and hopefully we'll see you around in some other way! (broadcasting, HOF...) 

I kind of figured he was going to hang up his cleats. Every time I saw a pic of Joe, he looked thinner than the last pic. He’s going to be in Canton in 5 years wearing a gold jacket.

I wish he could have gone one more year with a chance of winning games with his team.

But it's been eleven years - he wants to be able to walk and golf, do things with his family before

the toll gets too be too much. He won't be poor, btw.

If only we could go fishing with him one of these days -that would rock.

All the respect in the world to ya, Joe Thomas. You rock off the field as well - HOF.

What a crying shame Joe couldn't have been part of something greater. What an amazing player and can't blame him at all for this decision. $100 million earned in your early 30's and so many job opportunities ain't so bad. I would love to see him have a shot at MNF I think he would do excellent.

Definitely puts OT into the mix high this draft. I know we just got Hubbard but might sniff that position at #33.

I mentioned this in another post, but this puts Quenton Nelson on the Browns radar. yes, he is a guard, but some feel he can play tackle. Or the browns could kick Bitonio out to left tackle as well. I think more than likely though is the browns are going to trade back into the first to grab a tackle that might be falling. McGlinchey or Miller, etc I would love it if it was Williams from Texas. Last year at this time, they were making Joe comps to him. 

Thank you for giving it your all for a Sheet organization, Joe..  Go fishin.. drink a few cold ones and relax..  You deserve it!

Archived