THE BROWNS BOARD

Throwing away money and picks

LondonBrown

Just now, boo fagley said:

Kizer cost a 2nd and Taylor is an upgrade for a 3rd.

Taylor started 14 games in 2017 and was 8 - 6. All without a 1000 WR. The Bills had a bunch of JAGS. McCoy was a primary weapon and thats why I think that Barkley will be a Brown.

Now, Taylor has Gordon who can get to 1000 yards in his sleep, Landry 17 yards shy of 1000 yards last year, Duke , the Browns leading WR @ 693 yards. Plus the other WRs and TEs flying under the radar like Njoku, Devalve and Louis who were screwed because Kizer was so erratic. I have to believe that Taylor will play better with the talent around him. If he leaves next season that has to mean that the Rookie QB is good to go.

Taylor is a huge upgrade.   He doesn't turn the ball over.  

With the Hyde signing today, there's no way that Barkley is being drafted by the Browns.    QB to sit while Taylor plays so we don't make the same mistakes as was made with Kizer last year since he had no business being on the field last season and then the BPA at #4...either Fitzpatrick or Chubb. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Overreacted. Apologies all  

I still think we’re making bad moves though #65 for a one year bridge  QB being the worst of it. 

The Browns have got Duke, Kirksey, Ogunjobi for instance at that spot or lower.  It’s a valuable pick. 

so what F.A Q.B did you envision us getting ? seriously dude Taylor money wise came cheaper than the rest also guaranteed that we would not have to sweet it out wondering if we could sign a vet also it's a 3rd round pick so freaking what if you have not noticed we are loaded with picks ,,,so c'mon admit it you were kinda drunk last night

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yea,  lighten up.   If you have ever hung around Hoorta you know that he is a wino....and on the sauce most of the time!!:lol:

And who here has not been called a fag or a homo on at least a dozen occasions?   Or worse:   a closet Steeler fan!!  Some not so much in the closet.

Looking forward to The First day of March Madness Thursday. One of our wine group guys throws an annual all day party for 100 or so of his closest friends to watch the games (Dayton's Wright State plays around noon). Of course, that's secondary to the BYOB vino and pig roast.  :)  

I should mention one of the more humorous events. A few years back Dayton was playing Ohio State in the first round- and the loser had to jump in the (still very cold) pond out back. Most entertaining. 

23 hours ago, Mark O said:

Exactly...

My guess is that Tour will be back as time goes on.   Mud though has been gone a long time and I'm not sure he'll ever come back but hopefully he will.

I spoke with Mud a few weeks ago. He'll be back eventually.

Mike

On 3/13/2018 at 5:17 PM, LondonBrown said:

I reckon we will be 6-10 or 8-8 this year and everyone will celebrate a comeback. 

Errrrrm Well done.

This franchise is going nowhere long term and you wanted passive aggressive from me well I guess you got it. 

3- 13  =/- 1 win.

14 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

I’m not entirely sure what move bruised OP’s puss.

If you’re clamoring for the days acquiring future capital and never spending it, you’ve got a problem. 

This team wins one game over 2 seasons and people are complaining we made moves to trade mid-round draft picks to get to a respectable win/loss total. I honestly have no idea what in God's name people actually want anymore.

Yeah, it's unlikely Tyrod Taylor is going to be a SB winning QB. But you mofos act like we've even won big this past decade, and get mad when a FO makes move to actually win. Unbelievable.

On 3/13/2018 at 5:35 PM, hoorta said:

Well, you can't just keep kicking the can down the road forever either. It's why he's not here anymore. 

Idiotic... a blind man can see that this year would have been more active in FA... not Dorsey active, but active.

And the difference in activity level would have been in keeping with the now abandoned, organizational philosophy of developing young players rather than collecting cast offs from the rest of the league.

Everything old is new again.

On 3/13/2018 at 9:11 PM, Dutch Oven said:

When I came on here mudfly was a pretty big poster, and he just disappeared one day like a fart in the wind...

Then there's Tour, who has made one post in the last month. :huh: COME BACK TOUR!

Be careful what you wish for... ;)

On 3/14/2018 at 2:51 AM, LondonBrown said:

Overreacted. Apologies all  

I still think we’re making bad moves though #65 for a one year bridge  QB being the worst of it. 

The Browns have got Duke, Kirksey, Ogunjobi for instance at that spot or lower.  It’s a valuable pick.

Glad you stayed...

One of these vet-loving folks need to explain exactly how many vet examples a locker room needs. Seems to me like it's always 2 to 5 guys.

Offense we had Thomas and still have Bito and Zeitler. Defense has Collins and McCourty. May be we need 32 leaders? More?

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Glad you stayed...

One of these vet-loving folks need to explain exactly how many vet examples a locker room needs. Seems to me like it's always 2 to 5 guys.

Offense we had Thomas and still have Bito and Zeitler. Defense has Collins and McCourty. May be we need 32 leaders? More?

Welcome back man. There’s a lot of short term thinking around for sure but it’s understandable after 1-31. 

18 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I spoke with Mud a few weeks ago. He'll be back eventually.

Great news...

7 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

This team wins one game over 2 seasons and people are complaining we made moves to trade mid-round draft picks to get to a respectable win/loss total. I honestly have no idea what in God's name people actually want anymore.

Yeah, it's unlikely Tyrod Taylor is going to be a SB winning QB. But you mofos act like we've even won big this past decade, and get mad when a FO makes move to actually win. Unbelievable.

Some of us have just never been cool with winning "some"... like we did from 2001 thru 2015.

That said we are just seeing the beginning of the new plan unfolding. So far there's some to like... some to criticize. Maybe it'll make more sense when Fa is done and the Draft is over. But maybe it'll make less sense.

And then comes the season...

10 minutes ago, syd said:

WTF do you mean ? there is so much short term thinking ? 

You should just be happy he accused you of thinking...

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Great news...

Some of us have just never been cool with winning "some"... like we did from 2001 thru 2015.

That said we are just seeing the beginning of the new plan unfolding. So far there's some to like... some to criticize. Maybe it'll make more sense when Fa is done and the Draft is over. But maybe it'll make less sense.

And then comes the season...

honestly i do not see anything not to like so far we have given up a third round pick (still have are top 5 picks) and we have 3 starters on offense 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Idiotic... a blind man can see that this year would have been more active in FA... not Dorsey active, but active.

And the difference in activity level would have been in keeping with the now abandoned, organizational philosophy of developing young players rather than collecting cast offs from the rest of the league.

Is that what it seems we are doing  Collecting castoffs?  I don't know....some, maybe.   I knew Dorsey wanted us to get a little more veteran presence.  NOt sure of the respective ages of the guys we picked up/traded for.    Anyone over 30?

Glad you stayed...

McCourty no more.

Glad you stayed...

I don't think it's leaders as much as it is "guys who have won games". As opposed to what we had over the last two years "guys who have won game."

27 minutes ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

I don't think it's leaders as much as it is "guys who have won games". As opposed to what we had over the last two years "guys who have won game."

Hence the short term thinking comment. Winning six games is worse than winning one. But people can’t handle that. 

5 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Hence the short term thinking comment. Winning six games is worse than winning one. But people can’t handle that. 

so in your mind the F.O have shiit the bed,so tell me who would have you brought in

11 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

No matter what the situation, any team of any sport needs experience mixed with youth. I get that in in the past a lot of time and money has been wasted on mercenaries but this seems a different approach with dorsey. I'm very new to this sport so yes I'm a bit naive maybe but the TT deal for example....I just don't think we could have wished for anything better. In my eyes he's exactly what we need along with the #1 QB of choice. The likes of cousins and smith were never even considering the browns given where we're at at the mo. Yes i dont know a great deal about some of the other guys signed but they all have a level of game time/experience under their belts which will get us a few wins I'm sure. Then we can start looking at the next level of improvement and so on. 

Maybe I haven't followed this team long enough for the negativity to have set in but things look a hell of a lot more positive for next season.....and we've got the draft to come yet, to trade all those picks away :D

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Tour, you honestly can't call Landry a "cast off". Cap Casualty. LOL, you want to call Suh a "cast off"?   Sure, he's too expensive and too old for our master plan... :)  

Dorsey is doing what he was brought here to do.  Get us some real football players so that we can win some games....while he builds for the future.

In two phucking years we've had ONE MONDAY MORNING where we woke up with a football smile.  ONE!

He's brought in a player so that Peppers doesn't have to play goalie any more.

He's brought in a QB who won't constantly throw it to the other team if we happen to get into scoring position.

Crow wanted the hell out of town so he brought in a guy to fill the void quite well.

He got us a receiver who actually catches the damn ball.

He's spent some of out draft picks to improve our team.  And what the hell was the youngest team in the league gonna do with 12 draft picks anyway?  Get younger?  More inexperienced?  

I swear, we are a better team right now than we've been in some time....and we haven't hit the draft and our 5 picks in the first two rounds yet.  

By trading for TieRod & Landry he gave our offense a reason to exist.  That sent the signal to free agency that we were no longer going to be the Siberia of the NFL.  Such that you don't have to avoid Cleveland like the plague any more.  And he WAS able to sign some FA's.  -  This really is a big deal for the Browns.  He's trying to change the culture...and I mean REALLY change the culture.  

With our future QB being picked at #1 overall in April, and the #4 pick bringing someone who should contribute day one...and three second round picks who will hopefully improve the situation even more....well...it just appears like we could be a REAL football team right now.  Not GREAT right now, but respectable.  And if you want to attract talent, then you have to be respectable.  

Since the end of the regular season we've known that no FA was going to want to come here.  Well, Dorsey turned some mid round draft picks into players that made us more attractive to FA's.  -  Smart move if you ask me.

Archived