THE BROWNS BOARD

Throwing away money and picks

LondonBrown

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mark O said:

Exactly...

My guess is that Tour will be back as time goes on.   Mud though has been gone a long time and I'm not sure he'll ever come back but hopefully he will.

Mud just got tired & frustrated with the constant losing. I hope he'll be back this fall. 

Over the years, we've gained new people, lost several as time has moved on. A few have gone to that great gridiron up in the sky.  I've always said we're not the only show (Browns message board) on the Internet.  Some folks don't like our style here. FWIW, there's another one I occasionally check in on- there was a great rift over the relative merits of Brady Quinn- several guys got kicked off and permanently, and and several other regular posters followed them when they started up their own board. Several guys "over there" I'd welcome with open arms here. We have a bunch of hardcore Browns fans that we keep in touch with and Tailgate with who almost never take the time to post. 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

clear as day to me.London & Tour are still backed into the Sashi Brown Camp. Football Guys FO have failed too. Most posters here have moved past it.They were the same with Petine.Mudfly & Tour both threw some jabs at both sides of SB & Mud disappeared. they were close on a lot of things but this.Some good football junkie reads by both. None of the 3 want the chosen one on this board..Tour2ma is working a reddit Browns tradeable mock draft.hope he returns but that's his choice 

I've kept in contact with Tour. He's got other stuff he's working on, got mad at me for closing a Saquon thread. He'll be back eventually- but probably not with the volume of posting he's done in the past. 

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

So how would you spell paint based on its pronunciation?

Paint (from painting) > peint

Pint (beer) > paint

The thing with English is that you have to learn BOTH how it is written and how it is pronounced. Same goes with French. But in Spanish and German, for example, if you know how it is writen you can pronounce it and vice versa (though in Spanish the H alone doesn't make a sound and both the V and B are pronounced like a B )

7 hours ago, Nero said:

It's 10:40pm in London.

The summer I spent there the locals would have their second paint down the throat by now.

EDIT: logic says it is written 'paint', but English dictionary says I refer to pint. Weird language. Viva el español.

De qué estás hablando Willis? :)

Overreacted. Apologies all  

I still think we’re making bad moves though #65 for a one year bridge  QB being the worst of it. 

The Browns have got Duke, Kirksey, Ogunjobi for instance at that spot or lower.  It’s a valuable pick. 

42 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I still think we’re making bad moves though #65 for a one year bridge  QB being the worst of it. 

The Browns have got Duke, Kirksey, Ogunjobi for instance at that spot or lower.  It’s a valuable pick. 

The positive impact of Taylor is going to be felt immediately.

Same for Landry. No waiting around to get used to the NFL like a draft pick.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

I've kept in contact with Tour. He's got other stuff he's working on, got mad at me for closing a Saquon thread. He'll be back eventually- but probably not with the volume of posting he's done in the past. 

Havent seen him since Joshua Rosen dropped out of the # 1 spot.

Damn that Mel Kiper.

18 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

The positive impact of Taylor is going to be felt immediately.

Same for Landry. No waiting around to get used to the NFL like a draft pick.

We may win 6-8 games and then Taylor still leaves whereas a rookie taken there is yours for many years (hopefully).

I think it's a case of getting the balance right. To me it looks like it's swung one way then the other, as in overpaid experience then a team full of rookies. I think building for the future yet winning games now is definately do- able. Just having TT has improved our chances of winning massively imo.

10 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

It’s an adios from me, no point posting stuff and joining in if you’re going to be accused of being drunk every time you do. 

Adios to the poster Nero a fellow European, one day the men of Spain will work out unemployment is around 50% because you sleep for five hours during the day 👍

You are taking this far too seriously. People disagree on here and will give each other crap. Wait till draft day. It will be a blood bath on here of people being personally offended that another team got who they wanted.

11 minutes ago, Claret&Brown said:

Oh and stick with it London, I like hearing a fellow brits opinion.

All my love, birmingham :D

haha cheers, where did that result come from last night?!

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

It may have been a matter of expecting not to be able to get a bridge in free agency. The only FA QB in the mix who wanted to be here previously (McCarron) seems to have no interest in being a bridge QB. That leaves the Browns in the feeding frenzy after going 0-16 and having a reputation for putting QBs through the meat grinder.

The losing and rep painted them into a corner. It is costly but at this point it was a big pill they had to swallow to get a decent bridge QB.

2 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

It may have been a matter of expecting not to be able to get a bridge in free agency. The only FA QB in the mix who wanted to be here previously (McCarron) seems to have no interest in being a bridge QB. That leaves the Browns in the feeding frenzy after going 0-16 and having a reputation for putting QBs through the meat grinder.

The losing and rep painted them into a corner. It is costly but at this point it was a big pill they had to swallow to get a decent bridge QB.

Kizer might soon feel he died and went to cheese heaven.

7 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The Browns also have to be perceived as a team worth going to in free agency. Taylor and Landry help the case.

It hasn't though really has it, we haven't landed anyone in FA that wouldn't be here if not for those two, no big names?

2 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

And if he does just stink, no one will know for years as he hangs out behind Rodgers and likely Hundley.

........ Kizer: "wow I'm still getting my game checks, I'm not getting pummeled every week and I get all of the cheese I want to eat."  :lol: ........

Yes standing on the sidelines holding a clipboard for awhile might not be all bad afterall.

Just now, LondonBrown said:

It hasn't though really has it, we haven't landed anyone in FA that wouldn't be here if not for those two, no big names?

Not all experiments work out but I get their motivation. Free agency isn’t over yet and we don’t know who they targeted other than from twitter speculation. If they pick up Solder pending Joe Thomas news, I would think the movements could have softened him to coming here. We shall see.

Just like when we landed (or trapped) Jamie Collins..These talents just don't sign up for the Cleveland experience.Jamar Taylor came here on a draftday trade. We need the position experience to balance all the youth..Tyrod comes on the cheap side of QB's with loads of snaps..Like Hoyer, he's not here just to hand the torch to next guy."Beat me out or pay me or trade me". It's a professional business. We don't get to check out the wheels on Landry without Cap & pick given. We can weigh that choice of whos drafted around the 2 picks given up..FA's are used to get teams to playoffs..Dorsey is using them as previous draft band-aides to give a roster a chance to win now..I can't wait for the bloodbath of GM Vs.coach setting a 53 man roster..Stick around London, Hue can't miss this rollercoaster ride..  

14 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I reckon we will be 6-10 or 8-8 this year and everyone will celebrate a comeback. 

Errrrrm Well done.

This franchise is going nowhere long term and you wanted passive aggressive from me well I guess you got it. 

Not seeing the "passive" part...

Zombo

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Not all experiments work out but I get their motivation. Free agency isn’t over yet and we don’t know who they targeted other than from twitter speculation. If they pick up Solder pending Joe Thomas news, I would think the movements could have softened him to coming here. We shall see.

Free agency hasn't started yet.  Starts today at 4 est.

58 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The big ticket FAs are usually all gone during the "legal tampering period" which seemed to start damn near a month ago.

agreed. I don't understand why the NFL does not just start the league year a day or two after the superbowl. I think the players should be allowed in the building to workout, see medical personel, etc. review with the coaches but no formal workouts, practices, etc. There is no reason to wait a month and half for an "official" year to start especially when it's tampering left and right already

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The big ticket FAs are usually all gone during the "legal tampering period" which seemed to start damn near a month ago.

Absolutely. Most of these big ticket player deals have been done in principle for weeks. For example the day the Vikings let all their QB's go to FA you knew they had Cousins locked up. 

5 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

We may win 6-8 games and then Taylor still leaves whereas a rookie taken there is yours for many years (hopefully).

I see your point.

Johnson, Nassib, Kirksey, Ogunjobi. Dorsey found Kelce, Hunt and Chris Conley in the 3rd round.

QBs cost more though and the Browns only forked over a 3rd and a pick next year.

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

You have to realize that drunk stuff is just kidding, don't take it seriously. Ghoolie calls me every name in the book when he doesn't agree with me. Remains to be seen what the future holds sfor this team- and I hope you reconsider and stick around....   

Yea,  lighten up.   If you have ever hung around Hoorta you know that he is a wino....and on the sauce most of the time!!:lol:

And who here has not been called a fag or a homo on at least a dozen occasions?   Or worse:   a closet Steeler fan!!  Some not so much in the closet.

5 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Kizer cost a 2nd and Taylor is an upgrade for a 3rd.

Taylor started 14 games in 2017 and was 8 - 6. All without a 1000 WR. The Bills had a bunch of JAGS. McCoy was a primary weapon and thats why I think that Barkley will be a Brown.

Now, Taylor has Gordon who can get to 1000 yards in his sleep, Landry 17 yards shy of 1000 yards last year, Duke , the Browns leading WR @ 693 yards. Plus the other WRs and TEs flying under the radar like Njoku, Devalve and Louis who were screwed because Kizer was so erratic. I have to believe that Taylor will play better with the talent around him. If he leaves next season that has to mean that the Rookie QB is good to go.

8 hours ago, Nero said:

Paint (from painting) > peint

Pint (beer) > paint

The thing with English is that you have to learn BOTH how it is written and how it is pronounced. Same goes with French. But in Spanish and German, for example, if you know how it is writen you can pronounce it and vice versa (though in Spanish the H alone doesn't make a sound and both the V and B are pronounced like a B )

You also have to learn that English English and American English can be two different, but related languages.   And then there is Scottish:

Archived