THE BROWNS BOARD

Throwing away money and picks

LondonBrown

12 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Fair enough  

It’s been a few months now of stuff like this thrown at me for not having the same opinion as the rest of you. Bit tired of it.   

I shall bow out of the board and bid you all a farewell. 

come on London..you got to be able to adapt to several diaper changes around here with the GM turnstyle..Get to the draft & lets see what these guys can do..I got no opinion on any of them till 65 picks come off the board..Than lets see if Hue can coach  than

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LondonBrown said:

Fair enough  

It’s been a few months now of stuff like this thrown at me for not having the same opinion as the rest of you. Bit tired of it.   

I shall bow out of the board and bid you all a farewell. 

Oh....don't be a pussbag.  Just because you have an opinion that people don't agree with?   Jumping Jesus, people disagree with me on here every day. Its no reason to run off and hide. 

I mean....are you just going to give up?    What would Winston Churchill think of such pusillanimity?

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Oh....don't be a pussbag.  Just because you have an opinion that people don't agree with?   Jumping Jesus, people disagree with me on here every day. Its no reason to run off and hide. 

I mean....are you just going to give up?    What would Winston Churchill think of such pusillanimity?

Yeah LondonBrown - you're an Englishman, not a Frenchman!

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

Well, I think it is better that there are different opinions, as it enriches the Board and allows us to see everything the Browns do from every perspective.

I wouldn't come here to look for aprovaI or people thinking like me, I instead come here to talk and discuss (and cheer, and cry) about a team that I like.

if makes me sad to see him go in such a fashion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I allways enjoyed a epic meltdown before someone leaves a board L.B just sorta went out with a wimper #makes me sad

15 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Playoffs are not probable but they are possible.

I like to break down the season into 4 - 4 game quarters. Splitting even 2 - 2 in each quarter gets you 8 - 8. A couple of plays here or there can make it 10 - 6. It all has to come together which is sometimes difficult with guys learning new schemes and all.

Here's the schedule, it's early....  

Home: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Carolina, Kansas City, Los Angeles Chargers, New York Jets Hope for 4-4 out of that bunch... 

Away: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Oakland, Denver, Houston  3-3 out of the red gets you to 7-9.  

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Home: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Carolina, Kansas City, Los Angeles Chargers, New York Jets Hope for 4-4 out of that bunch... 

Away: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Oakland, Denver, Houston  3-3 out of the red gets you to 7-9.  

I don't see us winning less than 16 regular season games with that cream puff schedule.    Maybe we go 15-1 because we rest all the starters week 17 and lose by a field goal. 

35 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Sashi had a plan other than “throw red meat to the pitchfork-wielding villagers.” New FO doesn’t. 

Sashi's plan also depleted the Browns of ALL positive offensive veteran presence. Where did that get all our rookie talent? They had no leadership in their position rooms or on field. IMHO, Sashi did us no favors. The picks he compiled were at the expense of development of our young players & costing us top QUALITY players with his "trading down". His plan did NOT accelerate this Teams' growth...it Retarded that growth.

Mike

It’s an adios from me, no point posting stuff and joining in if you’re going to be accused of being drunk every time you do. 

Adios to the poster Nero a fellow European, one day the men of Spain will work out unemployment is around 50% because you sleep for five hours during the day 👍

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

It’s an adios from me, no point posting stuff and joining in if you’re going to be accused of being drunk every time you do. 

Adios to the poster Nero a fellow European, one day the men of Spain will work out unemployment is around 50% because you sleep for five hours during the day 👍

Make sure you PM me your draft picks tho  if your taking a break from posting :)

2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Dude...lighten up.....have a beer and get drunk and post, its a lot more fun around here.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:19 PM, LondonBrown said:

You have to realize that drunk stuff is just kidding, don't take it seriously. Ghoolie calls me every name in the book when he doesn't agree with me. Remains to be seen what the future holds for this team- and I hope you reconsider and stick around....   

I must admit l have my doubts about how all this offseason action is going to translate into wins. It’s throwing a bunch of guys who have had some success in whatever systems they played in on whatever teams they played for, and banking on it all just working out under the watchful eye of Hue Jackson.

Is it that far fetched to think there might be an adjustment period where the wins aren’t as plentiful as we’d like? And that that adjustment period might get Hue shītcanned, which leads to a new coach, and new schemes, and new bullshît?

32 minutes ago, hoorta said:

BALT x 2  = 1 - 1

CIN x 2 = 1 -1

PITT x 2  = 1 - 1

ATL- loss

CAR - win

KC - win

LAC - toss up

NYJ - toss up

TAMP - win

NO - loss

OAK - loss

DEN - loss 

HOU - loss

8 wins is doable IMO.

21 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I was joking.

How can you not be happy with what Dorsey has done?

24 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So has anyone who has threatened to quit this board ever actually quit this board?

I have scene it happen man crazy world out there usually it only happens when a player you wanted doesnt get drafted (could it be poe ?) or after a beat down like a pack of wolves will run someone off but in his case I would think he sobers up around draft time 

1 hour ago, syd said:

I have scene it happen man crazy world out there usually it only happens when a player you wanted doesnt get drafted (could it be poe ?) or after a beat down like a pack of wolves will run someone off but in his case I would think he sobers up around draft time 

Typically the threats are never followed through.  Some people just disappear and never return which would be more my style of doing it.

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

One day the rest of Europe will work out that one of the things that makes us Spaniards different and proud of ourselves... It's our sense of humor, even in our darkest hours.

I hope you didn't take it seriously. I don't consider you a drunk and this has gone like this because this very Saturday you said you were back from the pub, and friends are the first ones to make jokes taking an act and generalizing it...

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Typically the threats are never followed through.  Some people just disappear and never return which would be more my style of doing it.

When I came on here mudfly was a pretty big poster, and he just disappeared one day like a fart in the wind...

Then there's Tour, who has made one post in the last month. :huh: COME BACK TOUR!

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

When I came on here mudfly was a pretty big poster, and he just disappeared one day like a fart in the wind...

Then there's Tour, who has made one post in the last month. :huh: COME BACK TOUR!

He was on vacation, where I'm not sure......but not pizzburg I'll guess.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Exactly...

My guess is that Tour will be back as time goes on.   Mud though has been gone a long time and I'm not sure he'll ever come back but hopefully he will.

Just now, Mark O said:

Exactly...

My guess is that Tour will be back as time goes on.   Mud though has been gone a long time and I'm not sure he'll ever come back but hopefully he will.

Well it is the great dead zone in sports......oh I'm watching BOS at Cleveland from August 2017 on STO, great game!

We had 12 picks...most trams have seven... we are doing tons with the extra picks while keeping our high picks.  You honestly sound like the pittsburgh pirates gm who loves prospects more than veteran FA talent.

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Well, I had never written pint and it turns out that, like every other freaking word in English, it is written differently than it is pronounced... <_<

So how would you spell paint based on its pronunciation?

4 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Sashi's plan also depleted the Browns of ALL positive offensive veteran presence. Where did that get all our rookie talent? They had no leadership in their position rooms or on field. IMHO, Sashi did us no favors. The picks he compiled were at the expense of development of our young players & costing us top QUALITY players with his "trading down". His plan did NOT accelerate this Teams' growth...it Retarded that growth.

Mike

They were developing just fine, they just happened to be rookies. We’ll see the benefits over the next couple of years of the ground that’s been laid in the last two. 

Archived