THE BROWNS BOARD

Chris Hubbard is a Brown

LondonBrown

More

The #Browns are expected to sign OT Chris Hubbard to a 5-year deal worth $37.5M with nearly $18M guaranteed, source said. More help up front for Cleveland.

Ian Rap - per the infamous source 

The backup OG we were looking for.    Taken from the Steelers.  

More

The #Browns are expected to sign OT Chris Hubbard to a 5-year deal worth $37.5M with nearly $18M guaranteed, source said. More help up front for Cleveland.

Started 10 games for Steelers at RT.

Are the Browns not confident in  Shon Coleman?

Just now, runyon27 said:

I would assume this takes us out of the Nate Solder competition, unless the plan is for Hubbard to play RT, this move makes me wonder why we signed that guy from Denver.

Could be a sign that all of the solutions the Browns tried at RT may be sent down the road. Stephenson and Hubbard both play RT with Hubbard spending time at guard.

Hubbard got far more nasty than Stephenson & Shon Coleman combined..Hubbard kicked our DE's butts opening day.This and bengals Smith best moves of day..Maybe Todd Haley pounded the table on this one  

Love this pick up.  As someone who gets stuck watching the stoolers most Sundays, this guy is a player.  Wherever he was playing- Guard or Tackle- they were able to run behind him.  Tired of seeing Coleman do windmills as DE runs past him.

Hubbard is rock solid. He filled in for Gilbert when Gilbert was out. We knew we weren't going to be able to afford him as he played his way out of a back up role and he's not going to start over Gilbert. I think the Browns overpaid a little BUT he's very, very solid. It's a great signing for the Browns and you all have money to burn. I will also be shocked if there is a competition. He will win the starting job easily.

Edit: he's also position versatile. He can play the whole way across the line. He's likely going to be a stud for the Browns. Take care of the big boy.

50 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Let's hope today's focus on multiple O lineman isn't the prequel to JT retiring tomorrow. 

If they are pushing for solder I think that's exactly what is going to happen.

9 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

If they are pushing for solder I think that's exactly what is going to happen.

got this bad feeling Gettleman & Giants are in on the Solder FA mix..Than we moved to go get Hubbard..puts a foot in Durango & Coleman arrsss either way 

12 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Hubbard is rock solid. He filled in for Gilbert when Gilbert was out. We knew we weren't going to be able to afford him as he played his way out of a back up role and he's not going to start over Gilbert. I think the Browns overpaid a little BUT he's very, very solid. It's a great signing for the Browns and you all have money to burn. I will also be shocked if there is a competition. He will win the starting job easily.

Edit: he's also position versatile. He can play the whole way across the line. He's likely going to be a stud for the Browns. Take care of the big boy.

Well....if they keep Shon Coleman....there likely will be a competition for the RT job.  Even if Hubbard does not win that competition...he still applies the depth we need along the OL because of what you say:  his versatility and ability to play across the whole line.

Hubbard was a good signing. Didn't see it mentioned that he can play both OT spots at a decent level. That's valuable versatility.

Stephenson's signing mystifies me. It ranks right up there with McQuistan's...

Solder is going to cost far more than he is, or ever will be, worth. Hopefully that won't be our problem.

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Hubbard was a good signing. Didn't see it mentioned that he can play both OT spots at a decent level. That's valuable versatility.

Stephenson's signing mystifies me. It ranks right up there with McQuistan's...

Solder is going to cost far more than he is, or ever will be, worth. Hopefully that won't be our problem.

Giants got him for like 62 mill.   

24 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Giants got him for like 62 mill.   

Why is it lately this all sounds like dealing with used cars? 

" I've got this low mileage beauty for only 62 mil."  New NFL math. :blink:

On 3/14/2018 at 10:21 AM, The Gipper said:

Well....if they keep Shon Coleman....there likely will be a competition for the RT job.  Even if Hubbard does not win that competition...he still applies the depth we need along the OL because of what you say:  his versatility and ability to play across the whole line.

My point was Hubbard is better than Coleman and he will win the job easily.

23 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

My point was Hubbard is better than Coleman and he will win the job easily.

Well....maybe. I am certainly NOT taking your word for it when it comes to a matter of talent evaluation.  Nevertheless....  At this point though....unless there is someone else.....Hubbard may be slated for LT.   Has he played LT?  Any good at it?

Archived