THE BROWNS BOARD

Cousins to sign 3 year $84M fully guaranteed deal, insane?

mjp28

Just now, Bob Wiley said:

The perception here in Mn is that Keenum is smart, agile, but has a weak arm. Most of the “experts” think Cousins is a better athlete, as smart, and has a much stronger arm.

I'd argue Keenum has a higher football IQ and is a much better game manager. Cousins is bigger and more athletic, but in my opinion the tinier Keenum is more efficent compared with the salary he's getting.

48 minutes ago, Bob Wiley said:

The perception here in Mn is that Keenum is smart, agile, but has a weak arm. Most of the “experts” think Cousins is a better athlete, as smart, and has a much stronger arm.

The Vikings will definitely be an interesting story to watch next season.

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

They don't make the playoffs somebody is going to come away smelling like a turd.

WSS

Definitely.

I think the Vikings are a very well-run team, so that would be a surprise to me, but now it's time for Cousins to put up or shut up. Was he a guy mired on a mediocre team, or a guy who puts up empty numbers?

3 hours ago, nickers said:

If an average QB like Cousuns gets $130Mill what should Rogers command.. $200 Mill?

......."Hi, I'm now your quarterback and new part owner of this here well run organization ".  :lol:

Now if Mr. Cousins was the missing link, the savior of the Minnesota Vikings that might be one thing -OR- this might go down as one of the biggest guaranteed debacles in NFL history.  HMMMM, WHERE HAVE I  HEARD THAT BEFORE???

.........The Herschel Walker trade was the largest player trade in the history of the National Football League.[1] This deal between the Dallas Cowboys and the Minnesota Vikings on October 12, 1989, centered around sending running back Herschel Walker from Dallas to Minnesota. Including Walker, the trade involved 18 players and draft picks.[2] At the time of the deal, the Cowboys were one of the worst teams in the league, trading away their best player, while the Vikings believed that Walker was the missing piece they needed to make to a Super Bowl run. Thus, Minnesota originally felt that they got the better end of the deal. Instead, the Cowboys used the draft picks acquired in this trade to get the players they needed to help them win three Super Bowls in the 1990s. Meanwhile, the Vikings still have not made a Super Bowl appearance since Super Bowl XI at the end of the 1976 season.

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Definitely.

I think the Vikings are a very well-run team, so that would be a surprise to me, but now it's time for Cousins to put up or shut up. Was he a guy mired on a mediocre team, or a guy who puts up empty numbers?

He'd better be the missing piece of the puzzle to get the Vikes a SB win- like dropping Manning into a loaded Broncos roster did, or else it's an epic (and very expensive) FAIL.  

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

He'd better be the missing piece of the puzzle to get the Vikes a SB win- like dropping Manning into a loaded Broncos roster did, or else it's an epic (and very expensive) FAIL.  

As much as I would like to see the Vikings come out of the NFC on top.....I do think it will be a fail...epic or not.   By that I mean....Vikings won't be as good as 13-3 as they were last year.   They may make playoffs, but will be an early out.  Just a prediction.

So...that would not be an "epic" fail.   Epic failure would be if Cousins leads the Vikes to a record that matches his 26-30-1 career record.  In other words...about a .500 season.  Which could happen.

12 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Haha I accidentally hit the sad response. Tried to change it to an up vote but it said I had used all my reactions for the day.

There is reaction rationing? Thank God. I can't imagine what would happen if people just use them willy-nilly.

:lol:

WSS

Archived