THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade for OBJ ?

Tiott

As you know he had that video that went viral a couple of days ago, and in the last year of his contract, the Giants might be tempted to move on. 

Would you trade Corey Coleman and the 4th Pick for OBJ ? He would reunite with one of his best friend in Landry and have his college receiver coach with him.

I mean you would have Gordon, Beckham, Jandry......

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give em #33 and we can talk. 

#1 is Barkley

#4 is a QB or Fitzpatrick

#33- Beckham(we can even throw in an extra 4th for good measure) ;)

16 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

#1 is Barkley

You would rather give the Giants damn near a first rounder instead of Coleman and a 4th rounder?

Jesus, you are dumb.

28 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

#1 is Barkley

There's no way Dorsey is taking saquon Barkley #1 overall. I'll bet you one u.s. dollar that we go qb #1

44 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

#1 is Barkley

Dude.. Barkley is not Zeke Elliott or Emmitt Smith good.. put the fukkin crack pipe down... Were not one player away from a super bowl run yet...

14 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

There's no way Dorsey is taking saquon Barkley #1 overall. I'll bet you one u.s. dollar that we go qb #1

Whatever you say bro. We are taking him #1. 

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You would rather give the Giants damn near a first rounder instead of Coleman and a 4th rounder?

Jesus, you are dumb.

My reading comprehension and response was accurately portrayed in my proposal. 

The hypothetical trade was for Corey Coleman and the 4th pick. 

23 minutes ago, nickers said:

Dude.. Barkley is not Zeke Elliott or Emmitt Smith good.. put the fukkin crack pipe down... Were not one player away from a super bowl run yet...

agree, He's Barry Sanders good :P AND when the smoke clears you are going to see a team that is worst case scenario play off capable AND just fyi I put the crack pipe down 27 years ago and counting lol

13 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Can't remember Barry being tackled open field by nickel DB's...

Would you care to post a link to said accusation? I don't think you're being honest.

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

The hypothetical trade was for Corey Coleman and the 4th pick. 

Holy Sheet, you are absolutely right. I skimmed the original post and assumed he meant the Coleman and a 4th rounder. :lol:

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Whatever you say bro. We are taking him #1. 

There's no way that they traded kizer away to not take a qb and are pinning their hopes on tyrod Taylor long term. 

We're not taking Saquon Barkley #1. It's not happening. And if you look at Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders and Ladanian Tomlinson what were they able to do without a franchise qb? 

I'll answer that for you. Not much. 

2 hours ago, Tiott said:

As you know he had that video that went viral a couple of days ago, and in the last year of his contract, the Giants might be tempted to move on. 

Would you trade Corey Coleman and the 4th Pick for OBJ ? He would reunite with one of his best friend in Landry and have his college receiver coach with him.

we arent getting odell freaking beckham....

4 hours ago, Tiott said:

I mean you would have Gordon, Beckham, Landry......

^^^ No, especially if you mean the #4 overall. . 

3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

OBJ was already questionable as a headcase teammate and contributor, the video locks him in as trade cancer

^^^ Yes

1 minute ago, Tacosman said:

the difference between OBJ and Jarvis Landry is the difference between a toyota camry and an audi R8. 

Beckham is angling for a $20 million a year contract. We're already going to be paying Landry a ton, assuming Gordon stays clean he's going to want top 10 money. $50 million a year tied up in one position?  Pass.   

8 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

There's no way that they traded kizer away to not take a qb and are pinning their hopes on tyrod Taylor long term. 

We're not taking Saquon Barkley #1. It's not happening.

It’s that obvious and yet some still refuse to grasp it 

14 hours ago, Tiott said:

He may also be a bad influence on Gordon...and he may attempt to reintroduce him to his drug habit. 

OBJ  may be just a few puffs away from being a younger Josh Gordon.

As someone said on TV this morning:   OBJ was totally comfortable being around when drugs were being used.

14 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Would you care to post a link to said accusation? I don't think you're being honest.

I'm not even sure what the Shmuck you're talking about.    In my sessions of watching Barkley, I wasn't impressed with his open field moves.   Watched DB's from Iowa routinely take him on and secure the tackle 1on1.

13 hours ago, Tacosman said:

the difference between OBJ and Jarvis Landry is the difference between a toyota camry and an audi R8. 

Youre right, one is high maintenance, over priced transportation while the other will get you to all the same places while being more reliable and a higher value.  Glad we see eye to eye.

18 hours ago, nickers said:

How do you know this?  You can't predict how a player will play from his college days.  It all comes to what he has around him in the pros.  Honestly, I think he could be even better than Zeke, Emmit, or Bell.  

14 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

How do you know this?  You can't predict how a player will play from his college days.  It all comes to what he has around him in the pros.  Honestly, I think he could be even better than Zeke, Emmit, or Bell.  

Or maybe he could be no better than  Zeke Bratkowski, Emmit Kelly, or Ricky Bell.

You can google those names if you don't know them. 

10 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

No, won't even bother.  But I think you get my drift.

We've been down this road before. Some pointed it out earlier in this thread. Even an upper echelon HOF running back can't win multiple Super Bowls by himself. Jim Brown=1, Walter Payton=1, Barry Sanders=0, Ladanian Tomlinson=0, Adrian Peterson=0. Some guys are making Saquon into a best version of all the previously mentioned- and he isn't. 

BTW, looking at the top 25 all time in rushing yardage only three (Brown, Payton, and Sanders) played their entire careers with one team. 

34 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

No, won't even bother.  But I think you get my drift.

I get the drift that you think the Barkley is the second coming.    But, if you DID bother, you would see that  Emmitt Kelly was a clown (an actual circus clown).

And SQB may actually BE the second coming of Ricky Bell:

Ricky Bell was the first overall draft choice in the 1977 NFL Draft, selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who were winless in their first season in 1976. Bell signed a five-year contract for a reported $1.2 million, by far the richest contract ever signed by an NFL rookie.[7][8][9][10] This draft choice was somewhat controversial because Tony Dorsett was being projected as an arguably better back than Bell. Bell's selection was not a surprise, however, because Tampa Bay was coached by John McKay, Bell's former head coach at USC through 1975. After a couple mediocre seasons, in 1979, Bell enjoyed his finest season, rushing for 1,263 yards and leading the Buccaneers to the championship of the NFC Central Division. He led the Buccaneers to their first playoff win in franchise history that season by rushing for 142 yards on 38 carries scoring two touchdowns against the Philadelphia Eagles. The team fell one game short of a trip to Super Bowl XIV, ending their season by losing to the Los Angeles Rams for the NFC championship.

In March 1982, McKay sent him to the San Diego Chargers, but suffering from weight loss, aching muscles, and severe skin problems, he retired before the 1983 season.[3

And he died in 1984....from what allegedly was heart disease...but may actually have been drugs.

Beckham with Gordon? Oh please no, Josh doesn't need the coke whores and OBJ to tempt him. If Beckham showed up with those girls, and you played for the Browns, I dare one of you to tell me you could decline the women and all of the stuff that came with it if he hit you up to hang out.

Archived