THE BROWNS BOARD

Dolphins releasing Ndamukong Suh

LondonBrown

The plan is for Ndamukong Suh to be released as early as today as the Dolphins continue their attempt at a culture change – a plan that has purged arguably Miami’s three most talented players within last year. A lot riding on 2018.

15 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Well that would soften the Shelton blow somewhat....?

Coley already softens the Shelton blow a lot........ 

49 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

What about Ogunjobi?

Him too..... Both of them are already better than Danny ever will be. 

28 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I want someone with an American name.

Huh? Like George Washington?  :lol:

37 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

It is an American Name.

I want someone younger, Suh is 31. Coley, Ogu and Brantley are pretty promising, just add another guy that fits the scheme to the mix.

Zombo

11 minutes ago, nickers said:

I bet Bill picks him up...

In a second if he fills a need there.

45 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You mean like these:

Aleekcheaahoush......crow name for "Accomplished"

Beshiltheen....Navajo  for metal worker  (Steeler?)

Chavathangawunua....Hopi for Short Rainbow

Chuslum Moxmox...Nez Perce for yellow bush

Dadgayadoh....Seneca for   "Gambling Man"    Doh!

Enkoodabooaoo....Algonquin for One who lives alone.   Likely your Algonquin name

Hohnihohkaiyohos-neeheoeewootis.... Cheyenne for high back wolf.

So....be careful what you as for....you may get it.

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Those are Indian names.  This is football.

Your logic is astounding.  :blink:

13 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Those are Indian names.  This is football.

They are American names.  Which is what you asked for.    If you want European names you should have said so.

Or, maybe you wanted guys with Jewish names like:   Thomas,  James, Peter, Andrew, John, Matthew, Simon,  Paul

After all....all those English fellows with those names got them from Jewish guys.....the Apostles.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

They are American names.  Which is what you asked for.    If you want European names you should have said so.

Or, maybe you wanted guys with Jewish names like:   Thomas,  James, Peter, Andrew, John, Matthew, Simon,  Paul

After all....all those English fellows with those names got them from Jewish guys.....the Apostles.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Steve Bannon and DJT essentially  told guys like this that they can now take pride in their racism and xenophobia...so he is just going along with that program.

Go eat cream puff.

4 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

The plan is for Ndamukong Suh to be released as early as today as the Dolphins continue their attempt at a culture change – a plan that has purged arguably Miami’s three most talented players within last year. A lot riding on 2018.

I don't get it- where's Tour or one of the cap gurus to explain this....   http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/ndamukong-suh-6511/ https://overthecap.com/player/ndamukong-suh/1816/

Looks like there's a ton of dead money left on Suh's contract...   

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I don't get it- where's Tour or one of the cap gurus to explain this....   http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/ndamukong-suh-6511/ https://overthecap.com/player/ndamukong-suh/1816/

Looks like there's a ton of dead money left on Suh's contract...   

Hate to quote myself, but Rappoport explained why & how Miami can release Suh (it's still expensive).  If they designate him for release in June, they can spread the $22 million in dead money over two seasons. His contract apparently isn't guaranteed for this year.  That's still a might big ouch, and Gase must not like him that much. 

Before the "let's get him crowd" chimes in- he's on the high side of 30 and will want to go to a contender. 

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Steve Bannon and DJT essentially  told guys like this that they can now take pride in their racism and xenophobia...so he is just going along with that program.

He desperately needs someone on here to pay attention to him, because I think it's safe to say everyone in his life has tuned him out years ago.

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Hate to quote myself, but Rappoport explained why & how Miami can release Suh (it's still expensive).  If they designate him for release in June, they can spread the $22 million in dead money over two seasons. His contract apparently isn't guaranteed for this year.  That's still a might big ouch, and Gase must not like him that much. 

Before the "let's get him crowd" chimes in- he's on the high side of 30 and will want to go to a contender. 

Why would the Browns have to pay him that?   Isn't he now basically a FA....and any team can bargains with him for any price?  I mean, to me, this is the reverse Brock Osweiler situation.   Browns cut him but were on the hook for his 16 mill.   Why would not the Fins be the ones on the hook? 

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You mean like these:

Aleekcheaahoush......crow name for "Accomplished"

Beshiltheen....Navajo  for metal worker  (Steeler?)

Chavathangawunua....Hopi for Short Rainbow

Chuslum Moxmox...Nez Perce for yellow bush

Dadgayadoh....Seneca for   "Gambling Man"    Doh!

Enkoodabooaoo....Algonquin for One who lives alone.   Likely your Algonquin name

Hohnihohkaiyohos-neeheoeewootis.... Cheyenne for high back wolf.

So....be careful what you as for....you may get it.

is Chuslum Moxmox a full yellow bush or nicely trimmed?

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

he's also going to be really expensive.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why would the Browns have to pay him that?   Isn't he now basically a FA....and any team can bargain with him for any price?  I mean, to me, this is the reverse Brock Osweiler situation.   Browns cut him but were on the hook for his 16 mill.   Why would not the Fins be the ones on the hook? 

The answer to your red is yes. The Browns (or any other team that signs Suh) won't be on the hook for the dead money. That's money the Dolphins will have to pay to tell Suh adios. He'll get a new contract from the team that signs him. It will be for a lot less than what the Dolphins were paying him. 

That's why I initially thought Sue wouldn't- or couldn't be cut. The Dolphins are already in cap hell, and to fork out $22 million to get rid of a player, regardless how good (and Suh is still regarded as one of the top DTs in the league) is about nuts. Cap manipulation to pay that over two years, and not have to pay NS $8 million more this year almost makes sense. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

not have to pay NS $8 million more this year almost makes sense. 

Dolphins? yes,playing in Hard Rock Stadium fits yearly

The Dolphins knew Suh was coming off the Cap Books but still tagged their best offensive weapon in Jarvis Landry in trade to Browns...Thanks! You Big Dummies..(sent Jay Ajayi up the river also to a SB ring)

Archived