THE BROWNS BOARD

Tyrod to Landry is not exciting

Pat Mahomo

The Browns had to use the capital they have sooner or later, but a QB who isn't especially accurate, who has 3 seasons of film to study, leading one of the worst passing offenses year to year, throwing to a WR who is probalby the best short yardage possesion WR in the NFL, isn't going to be exciting......again, coming off of 1-31, these moves seem to be an upgrade, and surely Tyrod isn't the only QB there will be.  I am sure he is a bridge.....at least he better be...Tyrod to Landry isn't really that much better than Kizer to Gordon.  

The moves show the team is prepared to be aggressive and make moves to change......but still need to get a franchise QB in this draft at pick 1....everything else is just window dressing.

14 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

The Browns had to use the capital they have sooner or later, but a QB who isn't especially accurate, who has 3 seasons of film to study, leading one of the worst passing offenses year to year, throwing to a WR who is probalby the best short yardage possesion WR in the NFL, isn't going to be exciting......again, coming off of 1-31, these moves seem to be an upgrade, and surely Tyrod isn't the only QB there will be.  I am sure he is a bridge.....at least he better be...Tyrod to Landry isn't really that much better than Kizer to Gordon.  

The moves show the team is prepared to be aggressive and make moves to change......but still need to get a franchise QB in this draft at pick 1....everything else is just window dressing.

I just looked up Taylor's stats on pro football reference, and 62 completion % sure as hell is better than Kizer's 56%. Doesn't turn the ball over much either 3:1 td\int ratio. After watching Kizer stink it up massively all last year about anything is an improvement. 

As a drop by Bills fan pointed out- Taylor had arguably worse garbage to throw to than Kizer did last year. 

3 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Pat that’s why you’re a homo you make comments not knowing the facts.  Nice response from hoorta 

6 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

Pat that’s why you’re a homo you make comments not knowing the facts.  Nice response from hoorta 

Go visit Twobillsdrive.com ....no one over there is shedding a tear about losing their very short yardage throw master QB over there.  If you are going to feautre Jarvis Landry, then Tyrod is a good QB to have....it's a good pairing...short throwing QB to short route WR.  It's just not exciting.  I do understand this is an upgrade.

7 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Go visit Twobillsdrive.com ....no one over there is shedding a tear about losing their very short yardage throw master QB over there.  If you are going to feautre Jarvis Landry, then Tyrod is a good QB to have....it's a good pairing...short throwing QB to short route WR.  It's just not exciting.  I do understand this is an upgrade.

It's also why I want Kirk. Another sure handed slot player with the speed to go the distance with a little shake 'n bake. Having those quick little fleas all over creation has been great for Brady's career.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's also why I want Kirk. Another sure handed slot player with the speed to go the distance with a little shake 'n bake. Having those quick little fleas all over creation has been great for Brady's career.

And the Duke catching some balls too

8 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

...Tyrod to Landry isn't really that much better than Kizer to Gordon.  

....everything else is just window dressing.

Yea..watching some of this, around here on Sundays may require some Gordon Shades..here's what Pryor needs to add to his WR game^^^ Your #1 corner covering Gordon or Landry?

9 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

I posted some stuff on the other Tyrod Taylor thread that I'll share again for whatever it may be worth.   Before we signed Landry, available FA QBs and their agents had already narrowed the teams were willing to negotiate with as early as the combines.  That being the case, 1-31 football that followed a 3-13 season wasn't the recruiting attraction you thought it was.

Is Tyrod the dream?  Probably not.  What he is - is an experienced QB joining a team with plans to use their #1 pick or their #4 pick on the choice of QB of the future.  And when I previously replied to somebody about it - I showed he had an average of a 62.7 comp% with the following TD:INT ratios the last 3 years: 20:6 in 2015, 17:6 in 2016, and 14:4 in 2017. I also posted his records,which weren't that bad either.   Our biggest problem in 2016 was we didn't have 1 WR that could get open quickly compounded by an inexperienced QB with accuracy and turnover issues.  Taylor doesn't turn the ball over, which might be one of the most underrated reasons Buffalo made the playoffs in 2017.  I'll bet he's just as pumped as we are to finally have a reliable WR like Landry to move the chains and extend drives.

7 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

You ever heard of Josh Gordon? Have you looked into the big tight end we drafted last year? Duke Johnson can ball. Did you know about the upcoming NFL draft? Well, we have picks one and four ... Saquan Barkley and one of the top QB prospects in the land, anyone?

We are not going to "feature" Landry ... he is a component. A very good one.

Tyrod is a bridge QB to our rookie....

Think before you speak, Mahomo.

Zombo

8 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

We have other players to "be exciting".   That is what Gordon hopefully will be, and what Coleman hopefully...finally, will be.  It is what Duke Johnson will be.  IF they do go with Barkley at #4.....that is what he would be.   If not him...then a 2d round guy....whom many think are hardly a downgrade at all from Barkley.  Or a 2d round WR.  James Washington or the like.  

It may not be overly exciting to have a guy catch a ball for 6 yards on 3rd and 4....or for 8 yards on 3rd and 6....but that is exactly what we need.  And we may have gotten just that with these guys. 

17 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

I find myself agreeing some with you which shames me with a name like Pat Mahomo LOL

41 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Taylor to Landry is far more exciting than Kizer to the other team multiple times a game every game.

I'm so glad Kizer is gone , it's not even funny... He was just dreadful...

1 minute ago, nickers said:

I'm so glad Kizer is gone , it's not even funny... He was just dreadful...

He might end up being good,  but he had no business starting.  Zero. In his defense, He didn't make the decision to start himself or run a complicated offense,  that's on hue. Horrible mismanagement of a rookie project qb who needed to sit and learn. 

1 minute ago, SD_Tom said:

He might end up being good,  but he had no business starting.  Zero. In his defense, He didn't make the decision to start himself or run a complicated offense,  that's on hue. Horrible mismanagement of a rookie project qb who needed to sit and learn. 

Tom.. He fails at the two most important characteristics a QB thrives on.. Reading defenses and Accuracy.. He had those same issues at ND.. The kid is a total fraud at the QB position.. He should go play shooting guard for somebody.. Because I'll bet money he's out of football in 2 years.

A few of you are really taking my comments hard.  I said this is an UPGRADE.  A lot of people here posting about these moves like Tyrod Taylor and Jarvis Landry are about to be the next Montana to Rice.  I'm simply pointing out Jarvis is a possesion WR.  I am not saying Cleveland didn't need someone like him.  He is an UPGRADE.  Tyrod Taylor isn't an especially good QB.  He won't turn the ball over much though, wich a young growing team will benefit from when he plays.  Safe passer throwing to good possesion WR is an UPGRADE....it is not an exciting combo.  My point is, these moves are good moves if they are in tandem with bigger moves to improve...IF these ARE the moves to improve, the Browns will continue to be the Browns.

Second....my screen name is supposed to be Pat Mahomer, but the admins here saw fit to change it to Pat Mahomo.  

13 minutes ago, nickers said:

Tom.. He fails at the two most important characteristics a QB thrives on.. Reading defenses and Accuracy.. He had those same issues at ND.. The kid is a total fraud at the QB position.. He should go play shooting guard for somebody.. Because I'll bet money he's out of football in 2 years.

I wasn't a fan of him ever.  I thought Davis Webb was a way better mid rd gamble than Kizer.  

I don't think he'll ever be good,  but I'm saying Hue did him no favors whatsoever.  Passing 40+ times a game? Awesome plan

1 minute ago, SD_Tom said:

I wasn't a fan of him ever.  I thought Davis Webb was a way better mid rd gamble than Kizer.  

I don't think he'll ever be good,  but I'm saying Hue did him no favors whatsoever.  Passing 40+ times a game? Awesome plan

I agree.. That can be tough for any rookie to overcome.. Hue screwed with all the QB's.. It's amazing he still has a job...

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It may not be overly exciting to have a guy catch a ball for 6 yards on 3rd and 4....or for 8 yards on 3rd and 6....but that is exactly what we need.

That's what the Patriots do....

Seems like new QB & WR were sought out to be a match.

2 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

A few of you are really taking my comments hard.  I said this is an UPGRADE.  A lot of people here posting about these moves like Tyrod Taylor and Jarvis Landry are about to be the next Montana to Rice.  I'm simply pointing out Jarvis is a possesion WR.  I am not saying Cleveland didn't need someone like him.  He is an UPGRADE.  Tyrod Taylor isn't an especially good QB.  He won't turn the ball over much though, wich a young growing team will benefit from when he plays.  Safe passer throwing to good possesion WR is an UPGRADE....it is not an exciting combo.  My point is, these moves are good moves if they are in tandem with bigger moves to improve...IF these ARE the moves to improve, the Browns will continue to be the Browns.

Second....my screen name is supposed to be Pat Mahomer, but the admins here saw fit to change it to Pat Mahomo.  

Sorry one of the Mods (not me) messes with screen names- (especially Steeler fans) I've told him several times to knock it off but he persists...   You're more than welcome to post here. 

Sure Taylor and Landry are "just" upgrades. Landry happens to be a massive one compared to everything we've had lately save the unreliable Gordon. But when you go 1-15 and then 0-16 getting to 8-8 is Nirvana.  We had arguably the worst qb in the league last year, so average is looking good for a change. 

12 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Actually, you talked about us "featuring" Landry. Seems you are the one that forgot that he was a possession receiver ... and that he would be lined up opposite of Josh Gordon.

Zombo

14 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Yep, so did I.  Unfortunately we haven't seen Davis Webb lighting it up either. So far.

WSS

15 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

A few of you are really taking my comments hard.  I said this is an UPGRADE.  A lot of people here posting about these moves like Tyrod Taylor and Jarvis Landry are about to be the next Montana to Rice.  I'm simply pointing out Jarvis is a possesion WR. 

And we...at least I said:  No Shite Sherlock.   Your next sentence says it all:

I am not saying Cleveland didn't need someone like him.  He is an UPGRADE.  Tyrod Taylor isn't an especially good QB.  He won't turn the ball over much though, which a young growing team will benefit from when he plays.  Safe passer throwing to good possesion WR is an UPGRADE....it is not an exciting combo.  My point is, these moves are good moves if they are in tandem with bigger moves to improve...IF these ARE the moves to improve, the Browns will continue to be the Browns.

Do you blame them?

32 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

This is a pretty funny take from a Buffalo reporter on Tyrod.....

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/opinion/dear-browns-fans

This guy has no clue really.   No clue about how bad the QB situation here was compared to what they had....and apparently no clue that we are not counting on Taylor to take us to the promised land. 

Taylor is not expected to be Moses.....maybe more a bit like Aaron.

37 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

This is a pretty funny take from a Buffalo reporter on Tyrod.....

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/opinion/dear-browns-fans

Ha ha that was good and I can see that happening, I think people just need to realize he isn't the permanent QB so expect some missed plays etc and remind yourself he is only temporary.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

This guy has no clue really.   No clue about how bad the QB situation here was compared to what they had....and apparently no clue that we are not counting on Taylor to take us to the promised land. 

Taylor is not expected to be Moses.....maybe more a bit like Aaron.

Clearly people in Buffalo forgot what Taylors replacement did in one half against the Chargers.   6 interceptions in one half of football.   Obviously they now need to draft or pay for a replacement as a FA.

15 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Nobody is treating it like that. 

The fact that, as bad as the browns have been, you expect them to pick up Aaron Rodgers through trades is baffling. We would have gotten burned in free agency for sure and the trade we made, though unspectacular, was a smart trade to improve the team in realistic ways. 

On 3/11/2018 at 1:06 AM, Pat Mahomo said:

A. ..Tyrod to Landry isn't really that much better than Kizer to Gordon.  

B. The moves show the team is prepared to be aggressive and make moves to change......but still need to get a franchise QB in this draft at pick 1....everything else is just window dressing.

"Interesting" thread?

A. How would you know this on two very different quarterbacks and recievers?

B. What if there are NO franchise quarterbacks in this draft, it does NOT happen every year in fact it can go years without a true franchise guy. I see a bunch of guys with varying amount of flaws along with good points. Results in 2 to 5 years there.

Archived