THE BROWNS BOARD

Who are we targeting in free agency?

With all of the wheeling and dealing we have already done, we have already addressed QB, WR, and CB. Where do we go from here?

With the trade of Shelton I would assume we have a target for DT. There are some really good options here.

Sheldon Richardson

Mohammed Wilkerson

Dontari Poe

David Irving

Ndomkung Sub (potential cut)

What free agents do you think we should go after or do we address the rest of the holes in the draft?

Ok, Here's your updated list of top 100 FA's...  https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/26/17040158/nfl-free-agency-2018-top-100-players-signed  Max picks you get is 4.Correct positioned named is the tiebreaker(better than wheres your Cousin Vinnie going:P)..Your Browns Homework assignment is due Tuesday at Midnight. If you win? you get..... nothing but what's behind door #2..FA PRIDE WINNER! 

Who this FO is targeting, I don't think anyone has a clue. Outside of there being a potential interest in bring Pryor back on the cheap (I think this is more speculation than anything else) there really hasn't been any word of who this FO is interested in. We have the CB? for LA, but hes being linked simply because he used to play for our DC. This front office has shut down any leaking. At least shut down specific leaking such as "Browns plan to target player x." 

16 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

With all of the wheeling and dealing we have already done, we have already addressed QB, WR, and CB. Where do we go from here?

With the trade of Shelton I would assume we have a target for DT. There are some really good options here.

Sheldon Richardson

Mohammed Wilkerson

Dontari Poe

David Irving

What free agents do you think we should go after or do we address the rest of the holes in the draft?

we are targeting Landry and tyrod taylor in free agency.  Both were essentially free agents this year/were going to be were they not dealt.  We gave up a little draft capitol to sign them.

17 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Well...I think we STILL need to address those positions...in the draft or elsewhere.

Sheldon Richardson

Mohammed Wilkerson

Dontari Poe

David Irving

The question is:   which of these would seem to fit best in Williams 4-3 system?  Dorsey I am sure would like to get Poe...having been together before.   Anyone of these others fit our system?

On 3/10/2018 at 8:31 PM, Louisville Slugger said:

Sheldon Richardson

Mohammed Wilkerson

Dontari Poe

David Irving

Ndomkong Suh (potential cut)

With a 2018 cap hit of $ 26 million and $22 million in dead money- Suh is going nowhere. He'd have to be massively restructured for any sane GM to even be mildly interested. 

Poe is a UFA, and may be a target. 

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

With a 2018 cap hit of $ 26 million and $22 million in dead money- Suh is going nowhere. He'd have to be massively restructured for any sane GM to even be mildly interested. 

Poe is a UFA, and may be a target. 

Is Poe a more adept in the 4-3?   As far as I can tell that is the main reason we let Shelton go....not a 4-3 fit.  How does Poe differ if he were more 4-3 amenable?

Some potential targets?:

WR:   Terrell Pryor,   John Brown,  Allen Robinson

RB: Carlos Hyde,  Jeremy Hill

OT:  Justin Pugh

OG: Jack Mewhort, DJ Fluker, Jonathan Cooper

DE/OLB:   Clay Mattews III

DT: Dontari Poe

CB: Trumaine Johnson, Kyle Fuller,  Malcolm Butler

S:   Eric Reid,  Lamarcus Joyner,  Tre Boston

Edit:  Joyner apparently franchised by Rams

But....according to Walter Football, these are the best FAs out there,   the top 15 that have not been resigned or franchised. Name, position, former team

1. Andrew Norwell   OG    Panthers

2. Drew Brees QB  Saints......expected to resign with Saints

3. Malcolm Butler CB  Pats

4. Morgan Burnett  S   Packers

5. Ndamokong Suh   DT  Dolphins

6. Justin Pugh OT   Giants

7. Sheldon Richardson  DE/DT  Seahawks

8. Kirk Cousins QB   Redskins

9. Nigel Bradham  OLB Eagles

10. E.J.Gaines CB   Bills

11. Muhammed Wilkerson  DT/DE   Jets

12. Allen Robinson WR   Jags

13. Rashaan Melvin CB Colts

14.  Trumaine Johnson  CB Rams

15. Jack Mewhort  OG  Colts.

I see a lot of guys at positions of need here still for the Browns.

Before free agency starts this is what I'm thinking.

Ndomkung Suh- Hes still playing a high level and we need a consistent interior push. He's 31 so he's not going to be seeking a 5 year deal like the other top name DTs.

Trumaine Johnson- had his best years under Gregg Williams and we need a number 1 CB. Perfect fit.

Terrell Pryor- had success under Hue and he should be dirt cheap. He's depth at WR and an emergency QB. That's a great value

Tyler Eifert- not a need, but he was one of the best TEs in the league under Hue Jackson. It would be a 1 year deal with no garuntees due to his injuries. No risk high reward.

This is what I hope our team looks like. 

QB- T. Taylor L. Jackson(#33) 

HB- S. Barkley(#1) D. Johnson M. Dayes

FB- D. Vitale

WR- J. Gordon J. Landry T. Pryor

WR- C. Coleman A. Miller(#64)

TE- T. Eifert D. Njoku S. Devalve

LT- J. Thomas R. Johnson

LG- J. Bitonio S. Drango

C- J. Tretter 

RG- K. Zietler

RT- S. Coleman Z. Banner

DE- M. Garrett E. Ogbah

DT- N. Suh C. Brantley

DT- L. Ogunjobi T. Coley

DE- B. Chubb(#4) C. Nassib

OLB- J. Collins J. Burgess

MLB- J. Schobert T. Carder B. Bello

OLB- C. Kirksey D. Alexander

CB- T. Johnson B. Boddy-Calhoun J. Taylor

CB- J. McCourty J. Alexander(#35) H. Wilson

FS- D. Randall K. Nacua

SS- J. Peppers D. Kindred A. Watts(#114)

25 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Mary Kay CabotVerified account @MaryKayCabot 1h1 hour ago

Terrelle Pryor, Trumaine Johnson, Brashad Breeland and Nate Solder on the #Browns radar in free agency

Solder?   We could use a little Solder.    But he is OT.    Doe that tell us something about JT? 

Breeland a young...only 26.....CB.   Would that affect the potential drafting of a Fitzpatrick?  

Hell...if they signed both Johnson and Breeland....then we know that the Browns will take a chance either on Barkley of Chubb at #4 imo.

38 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Solder?   We could use a little Solder.    But he is OT.    Doe that tell us something about JT? 

Breeland a young...only 26.....CB.   Would that affect the potential drafting of a Fitzpatrick?  

Hell...if they signed both Johnson and Breeland....then we know that the Browns will take a chance either on Barkley of Chubb at #4 imo.

Unless Barkley goes to the Giants and Chubb to the Colts...then who do we take if we are covered at Safety ? ...any room on the line for Nelson ?

49 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Unless Barkley goes to the Giants and Chubb to the Colts...then who do we take if we are covered at Safety ? ...any room on the line for Nelson ?

So are saying that IF we get  both another Top Safety and a top CB in FA......and IF we get QB at #1....and then IF  Barkley and Chubb are taken....and IF the Browns would not go for Fitzpatrick since they have the DB covered, then WHO would they take?  

Let's figure it out:

You say Nelson.....no OG I don't think has ever gone that high....and OG is not a big need for us.  Not a #4 pick OG.  Maybe a backup...4th rounder.

LB Roquon Smith?

LB Tremaine Edmunds?

But these guys could likely be had down at 10-11

So....that MAY be the answer....the old trade down.   For an OT.....an edge rusher, OLB/DE   or a DT.

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So are saying that IF we get  both another Top Safety and a top CB in FA......and IF we get QB at #1....and then IF  Barkley and Chubb are taken....and IF the Browns would not go for Fitzpatrick since they have the DB covered, then WHO would they take?  

Let's figure it out:

You say Nelson.....no OG I don't think has ever gone that high....and OG is not a big need for us.  Not a #4 pick OG.  Maybe a backup...4th rounder.

LB Roquon Smith?

LB Tremaine Edmunds?

But these guys could likely be had down at 10-11

So....that MAY be the answer....the old trade down.   For an OT.....an edge rusher, OLB/DE   or a DT.

Just my 0.02 here Gip. Look for Buffalo to try and jump into the top 4, And lets assume the Bills make it to #2 or #3. That will guarantee either Chubb or Barkley will be there at #4.  Hell- there could be a bidding war for the second and third picks, (possibly our #4 too) quarterbacks could go in the first three, and then we have our pick of whichever non qb we want at #4. I'd be in favor of it happening this way...  :)  

Saw on the news - if Joe Thomas retires (I'm thinking he's coming back one more year)....

that Nate Solder could be seriously a target for the Browns.

18 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Saw on the news - if Joe Thomas retires (I'm thinking he's coming back one more year)....

that Nate Solder could be seriously a target for the Browns.

Maybe he could be anyway.   Could he challenge  Shon Coleman on the right side?  Coleman going to backup role?   Or has Solder ever played RT...or is he strictly LT?

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Just my 0.02 here Gip. Look for Buffalo to try and jump into the top 4, And lets assume the Bills make it to #2 or #3. That will guarantee either Chubb or Barkley will be there at #4.  Hell- there could be a bidding war for the second and third picks, (possibly our #4 too) quarterbacks could go in the first three, and then we have our pick of whichever non qb we want at #4. I'd be in favor of it happening this way...  :)  

Well...that is the opposite of what I surmised.    

But, that certainly could happen.   QB desperate teams vying for those picks.   Buffalo,  Jets,  maybe Broncos, maybe Cardinals.  Maybe Miami.

Archived