THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

LondonBrown

2 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I would also check into the Georgia game. They started taking away the first option then contained him to the pocket. Two totally different Mayfields after Georgia started doing this. 

I would be fully on board with Rosen if the concussion history wasn’t there. I worry that it will only get worse.

As for Mayfield, I see a lot of wide open passes which produces the crazy numbers that some people here are bananas over. I know you don’t fall into that trap. I just don’t know how anyone can gauge how good he is given the offense he is coming out of. 

They call that Big 12 football.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/10/2018 at 7:47 AM, gumby73 said:

Dorsey can now roll the dice that Mayfield gets to #4..Mayfield should still be there at #4..Barkley is gone at #1 while Giants & Colts sweat bullets..By chance if Mayfield is gone at #4? It's not the worst thing that could happen now with Tyrod in place..Am not sold on Mayfield in the pros..but Dorsey drives that truck

Dorsey will draft the QB Hue Jackson instructs him to draft.

Mayfield... :blink:

Manziel 2.0

get Barkley and Chubb

Or barkley and one of the other qbs.  Barkley is a must... he is the next generation of backs that can catch out of the backfield... with Haley at OC the things we could do..:wub:

12 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Mayfield... :blink:

Manziel 2.0

get Barkley and Chubb

Or barkley and one of the other qbs.  Barkley is a must... he is the next generation of backs that can catch out of the backfield... with Haley at OC the things we could do..:wub:

Barkley is a spectacular talent - but Ballage ran nearly as fast, is bigger, and catches out of the backfield well, too. And he might be there in the 4th round? probably upper third now.

34 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Barkley is a spectacular talent - but Ballage ran nearly as fast, is bigger, and catches out of the backfield well, too. And he might be there in the 4th round? probably upper third now.

I bow to the superior knowledge... i still dont like mayfield.  It could just be manziel carryover. I know you need to be Kocky to play QB.  He may be awesome...

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I don’t have any idea how you watched that and came to those conclusions.

That said, you are referring to a few moments in an 8 minute cutup. I didn’t imply that he didn’t make any progressions at all. They are few and far between.

I came to those conclusions watching the video you posted, complete with side notes and a timeline. And l referred to 12 plays. He made 35 attempts that game, so roughly a third. You can’t really fault a guy for looking one way, and if his man is open that way chucking him the ball. That said, when the first read wasn’t open, he seemed to actively look another way. I agree there were a few designed plays for the RB, but l thought he sold it well. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, I had pushed Billy "GOAT" Manziel Vegas escapade out of my memory.

That’s a shame, the billy Manziel fiasco was by far the most entertaining part of the entire John Manziel experiment.  

Manziel was on the Thomahawk podcast recently and went over the whole story from his perspective, and it was hilarious.  I laughed almost as hard as I did when I first heard the story break on RBS. 

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

I bow to the superior knowledge... i still dont like mayfield.  It could just be manziel carryover. I know you need to be Kocky to play QB.  He may be awesome...

I've been warming up to the idea of Mayfield. He's a winner - he's just a bit short - but he's a football player.

The comparison to jm is understandable, but wrong. He didn't help allay that when he went to that party etc.

He has a lot more arm than I gave him credit for. As smart as he is, with his chip and work ethic, I believe he will make his mark in the NFL. Just seems like he doesn't have the upside to go in the top ten.

He is an inch taller than Drew Brees, they were bot stars in college. Going to be a wild draft.

On 3/19/2018 at 4:56 PM, Ghoolie said:

Dorsey will draft the QB Hue Jackson instructs him to draft.

:lol::lol::lol: You're just trolling. Dorsey told Hue- "McCarron? Go sit in the corner and shut the f-up with that weak $hit."   Seems John Boy was 100% right, because AJ was the last major FA to find a new job. And now Hueless is covering his azz with this BS- "I wanted Taylor all along".   

3\28 EDIT: And now with Hue's "just trust me on Kessler" On the way out the door Cody, just more proof who's running the show in Cleveland- and it isn't Hue. Jackson will have 1\5th of a vote when it comes to QB- between Wolf, Highsmith, Haley, and Zampeze (and based on his track record, it will be a minor one) Dorsey will make the final call based on the input. 

Dorsey is running the show, and you're in D-Nile. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on reddit page. https://mobile.twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/978661942884782080/video/1

Then watched this : https://youtu.be/O0Daah626xk

And this: https://youtu.be/3wQJEYlgIVM

then the Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baker_Mayfield 

His gumption as a walk on at texas tech, ncaa had to make a rule about him, this means he's a hard worker and fighter on and off the field. The attitude can be subduded and his accuracy is crazy. 

Texas Monthly Article https://features.texasmonthly.com/editorial/inside-texas-quarterback-factory/

"He finished his high school football career totaling 6,255 passing yards, 67 td's, and eight picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yes it said this.........."He finished his high school football career totaling 6,255 passing yards, 67 td's, and eight picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Bottom Line: This guy is not going to be a loser or let his height hold him back.  Go Texas Browns HEE HEE!

3 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I'm just an old Browns' Fan without in depth knowledge of football, but Baker is my guy in this draft. The kid is a WINNER!!!

So a throwback QB for a throwback fan? ;)

Here's the thing about taking the QB #1 Overall... You are essentially committing to this guy for the looooong haul. But there are some QBs that will be coming down the pipe soon that I really like... like Trace McSorley- the Penn State QB- he's pretty good. Or the magic kid from Alabama, the freshman- what's his name? 

How much do you like these guys this year, or rather- How much do you LOVE these QBs. You better love them enough to take the warts if you're committing the #1 pick to them. Just saying. 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Here's the thing about taking the QB #1 Overall... You are essentially committing to this guy for the looooong haul. But there are some QBs that will be coming down the pipe soon that I really like... like Trace McSorley- the Penn State QB- he's pretty good. Or the magic kid from Alabama, the freshman- what's his name? 

How much do you like these guys this year, or rather- How much do you LOVE these QBs. You better love them enough to take the warts if you're committing the #1 pick to them. Just saying. 

First... You love future QBs who are either "pretty good" or whose names you do not know? This is where you piss folks off...

You are semi-blindly committing to a #1-overall QB for 3 years.... a year of "learning" and a two-year try out. You hope when you open your eyes in that third year you are interested in seeing what you see a lot longer.

There are no fewer than three QBs in this class that substantial numbers of people believe are worth the above commitment. They simply do not agree on their pecking order.

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

The one at Bama just might get beat out by the one behind him.

8 hours ago, PoeticG said:

If Mitchell Trubiski was in this draft? Where would you rank a 16 game college QB in this years QB top 4?..Rosen,Darnold,Mayfield,Allen..would you get down as far as Mason Rudolph?  

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

If Mitchell Trubiski was in this draft? Where would you rank a 16 game college QB in this years QB top 4?..Rosen,Darnold,Mayfield,Allen..would you get down as far as Mason Rudolph?  

I'd have Trub below Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield ... just above Allen.

Zombo

On 3/28/2018 at 1:14 AM, bamwa said:

Bottom Line: This guy is not going to be a loser or let his height hold him back.  Go Texas Browns HEE HEE!

Too late....@1:48

Then a Preview of NFL life in the pocket @ 2:40.  Complete with a behind the play view and just dandy lock on of his primary. 

Archived