THE BROWNS BOARD

Today's Thought...

Canton Mike

52 minutes ago, Bob Wiley said:

I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

No, you hurt Zombos feelings when you called the browns a dumpster fire....The Toughest Fans in Pro Sports don't take too kindly to that kind of talk. lol

1 hour ago, Bob Wiley said:

I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

There was nothing disrespectful or inaccurate about what you wrote, Bob.

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

No, you hurt Zombos feelings when you called the browns a dumpster fire....The Toughest Fans in Pro Sports don't take too kindly to that kind of talk. lol

We prefer to think of it as a Bar-B-Q that will eventually serve up good stuff.:P

17 hours ago, Bob Wiley said:

No.....what we have here is this:

The toughest fans in sports:  Browns fans

The Stupidest fans in sports:   Steeler fans

The Meanest fans in sports:   Eagles fans

The Whiniest fans in sports:  Patriot fans...followed closely by Jets fans

The most Forlorn fans in sports:  Vikings or Lions fans

The team with the most FrontRunnerAssKisser fans:   Cowboys...followed closely by Steelers

The most Fuycked over fans in sports:  Raiders fans  (because they keep moving)

The most Fair weather fans:    probably  49ers?  or any team located in LA

The fans that are mostly just Goobers and Gomers:   Bengals fans

The most gutless fans in sports:   Ravens fans

The most passionate fans, except for Browns fans:   Packer fans.....followed by Chiefs fans

I am sure some other teams fans can fit into other categories...but these will do for now.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No.....what we have here is this:

The toughest fans in sports:  Browns fans

The Stupidest fans in sports:   Steeler fans

The Meanest fans in sports:   Eagles fans

The Whiniest fans in sports:  Patriot fans...followed closely by Jets fans

The most Forlorn fans in sports:  Vikings or Lions fans

The team with the most FrontRunnerAssKisser fans:   Cowboys...followed closely by Steelers

The most Fuycked over fans in sports:  Raiders fans  (because they keep moving)

The most Fair weather fans:    probably  49ers?  or any team located in LA

The fans that are mostly just Goobers and Gomers:   Bengals fans

The most gutless fans in sports:   Ravens fans

The most passionate fans, except for Browns fans:   Packer fans.....followed by Chiefs fans

I am sure some other teams fans can fit into other categories...but these will do for now.

Most loyal by continued season tickets always at a premium regardless of record. Broncos fans.

25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Most loyal by continued season tickets always at a premium regardless of record. Broncos fans.

Bovine Shizer....when is the last time the Broncos fans endured a prolonged shitestorm of a team like the Browns fans have?  

The Broncos have not had 2 losing seasons in a row since the early 1970s.

Let them go the next decade with 3-13, 4-12 records...like they did in the 1960s....then let us know.  

On 3/11/2018 at 6:26 PM, Bob Wiley said:

The Cleveland Browns are a far more successful franchise than the Vikings, deal with it, Bitch.

Zombo

13 minutes ago, Zombo said:

The Cleveland Browns are a far more successful franchise than the Vikings, deal with it, Bitch.

Zombo

8 titles to -0-.......but to be fair.....since the creation of the Vikings.....that score is only Browns 1  Vikings -0-.  

But I guess the Browns may be up on the Vikings in this regard:  they have -0- Super Bowl losses....Vikings have 4.    But..DOH!...of course the Browns have no losses...nor wins either.  

That said....I would go easy on the Vikings and their fans.   After all.....its not like they are Steeler/Bengal/Raven/Cowboy  or a few other arsebag fan bases.   They are a pretty good group. 

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

Alright, I’ll play. 

You can’t even take a good luck wish can you? You’re one of those guys that says “we” when talking about the Browns...like you’re out on the field...like you are making tackles, right? You sit in your basement watching the game, in your helmet, don’t you?

Ok, for the fun of it, let’s look at the teams.

last year- Vikings 13-3, Browns 0-16

year before, Vikings 8-8, Browns 1-15

year before that, Vikings 11-5, Browns, 3-13

in fact that last time “ your” team was above .500 was 2007

the last time “you” were in the Super Bowl - never

last time the Browns were champion, 1964... 54 years ago! That’s what you are hanging on to? 54 years ago? Do you also go up to Germans and yell, “we kicked your ash in WWII!? 

:lol:

the last time the Browns were even any good at all, Vinnie was you’re quarterback!!

before that Brian Sipe!

so you keep pining for the 60’s, while I enjoy Kirk Cousins leading the Vikings on yet another successful season throwing to two All Pro receivers, backed up by another top 5 Defense.

your turn...

41 minutes ago, Bob Wiley said:

Alright, I’ll play. 

You can’t even take a good luck wish can you? You’re one of those guys that says “we” when talking about the Browns...like you’re out on the field...like you are making tackles, right? You sit in your basement watching the game, in your helmet, don’t you?

last time the Browns were champion, 1964... 54 years ago! That’s what you are hanging on to? 54 years ago? Do you also go up to Germans and yell, “we kicked your ash in WWII!? 

the last time the Browns were even any good at all, Vinnie was you’re quarterback!!

before that Brian Sipe!

so you keep pining for the 60’s, while I enjoy Kirk Cousins leading the Vikings on yet another successful season throwing to two All Pro receivers, backed up by another top 5 Defense.

your turn...

Browns 8 Championships

Vikings 0 Championships

vk4JAXM.gif

1 hour ago, Bob Wiley said:

Alright, I’ll play. 

before that Brian Sipe!

your turn...

OK...

Cousins has a worse winning pct. than the guy we just got.    Taylor is 23-20 as a starter.  Cousins is 26-30-1.   Cousins is NO proven winner....certainly no more than Taylor.   Taylor could be every bit as good as Cousins....at winning.  

Vikings had  Theilen as a  second team All Pro.  That counts as one...not two.  Maybe you meant Pro Bowler.  But no....Thielen was the only one of those as well.    Josh Gordon...HAS been an actual 1st team All Pro....and could possibly be again.  He was the best receiver in the game before his problems...yet he is still here.   And Landry has made the Pro Bowl team for like 3 years running.  

Who, really was the Vikings last good QB?   It was probably semi-washed up  40 year old Brett Favre...who you rented from your biggest rival.  Imagine the Browns signing Ben Roethlisberger when he is 40.  

As for history....at least we have the 60s...and 50s...and 40s.    Vikings got no titles.   Sure, 7 of 8 Browns titles came before the birth of Vikings...but hell....at least we have had one during that period.  (and yes...I AM old enough to remember it).   Can you remember a Vikings  championship?  No.

As for the defense.  Yea, OK....the Vikings defense this past year was much better.  Pretty much the best in the league.   But, for the future, the Browns have a lot of good pieces in place.  And the defense this past year wasn't so bad.   They actually ranked in the top half in yards given up:   14th.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

OK...

Cousins has a worse winning pct. than the guy we just got.    Taylor is 23-20 as a starter.  Cousins is 26-30-1.   Cousins is NO proven winner....certainly no more than Taylor.   Taylor could be every bit as good as Cousins....at winning.  

Vikings had  Theilen as a  second team All Pro.  That counts as one...not two.  Maybe you meant Pro Bowler.  But no....Thielen was the only one of those as well.    Josh Gordon...HAS been an actual 1st team All Pro....and could possibly be again.  He was the best receiver in the game before his problems...yet he is still here.   And Landry has made the Pro Bowl team for like 3 years running.  

Who, really was the Vikings last good QB?   It was probably semi-washed up  40 year old Brett Favre...who you rented from your biggest rival.  Imagine the Browns signing Ben Roethlisberger when he is 40.  

As for history....at least we have the 60s...and 50s...and 40s.    Vikings got no titles.   Sure, 7 of 8 Browns titles came before the birth of Vikings...but hell....at least we have had one during that period.  (and yes...I AM old enough to remember it).   Can you remember a Vikings  championship?  No.

As for the defense.  Yea, OK....the Vikings defense this past year was much better.  Pretty much the best in the league.   But, for the future, the Browns have a lot of good pieces in place.  And the defense this past year wasn't so bad.   They actually ranked in the top half in yards given up:   14th.

Yeah, the Browns are a nice little club. They try really hard! 

I freely admit the Browns were a better club 54 years ago when they won a championship in a 14 team league. Since then, not even a question.

its like saying the Gophers are a better college than Ohio State because of the national championships back in the 40’s. Don’t mean much.

how bout more recent history? 

The last ten years- Vikings 85-74-1, Browns 36-112-0

The Browns are a nice JV team. Hopefully, Johnny Football, when he gets out of rehab, can come back and save the day :thumbs up:

21 minutes ago, Bob Wiley said:

Yeah, the Browns are a nice little club. They try really hard! 

I freely admit the Browns were a better club 54 years ago when they won a championship in a 14 team league. Since then, not even a question.

its like saying the Gophers are a better college than Ohio State because of the national championships back in the 40’s. Don’t mean much.

how bout more recent history? 

The last ten years- Vikings 85-74-1, Browns 36-112-0

The Browns are a nice JV team. Hopefully, Johnny Football, when he gets out of rehab, can come back and save the day :thumbs up:

No one debates the shite ownership and management that the Browns have had over the last  18 years.  

But, as far as more recent history.....the Vikings have done barely more than the Browns!!  So there definitely IS some question.  They have made the same number of Super Bowls as the Browns have in the last  42 or so years:   exactly -0-.   (Vikings last one was 1976).

The Browns were at least a Drive and a Fumble away from making the SB in that period......and the Vikings?  Not even that?   Maybe the OT game vs. Saints, with Favre. 

And the difference between the Gophers and the Vikings?   The Gophers DID win titles.   The Vikings have NEVER won one.  

And your OSU analogy is way off....because OSU has won....titles, now and then.     The Vikings never won a title....then or now.   And you are touting a barely over .500 record the last 10 years.  Yea, sure, that is much better than the Browns....but it ain't like your team is the Pats, or Seahawks, or Broncos or Giants, or Colts, ...or Packers...or Steelers....or any of the half of the teams in the league that have made a Super Bowl.  

So...at least the Browns have championship history....and Northeast Ohio even more counting the time before the Browns existed.  We here have had 13 Championships.....which is the most of any city in America.....except Green Bay....who has the same number.  

So...Cleveland and Green Bay have the most Championships ever.....and Minnesota has none.  Only the Packers...and the Bears have more titles than the Browns. 

Call us when you catch up.   (and being a bit over .500 don't count as catching up)

And for Christ's fuyucking sake....please don't come in here sounding like a stupid Steeler fan....which is what you seem to be doing.  God...you don't want that reputation.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Prediciton:

Vikings fans will wish they had retained  Case Keenum, rather than signing Kirk Cousins.   Cousins will not play as well for them as Keenum did last year.

Gip, I agree completely. The Vikes may well learn how many of those 4,000 yards passing were against "prevent defenses".

Mike

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Prediciton:

Vikings fans will wish they had retained  Case Keenum, rather than signing Kirk Cousins.   Cousins will not play as well for them as Keenum did last year.

If I was a Vikings fan, this is precisely what I'd be afraid of. Overall I think Keenum sucks... But this season, the Vikings saw success not in spite of him, but because of him.

I know Cousins is a better QB. But I'm not sure he will replicate the fairy tale year that Keenum had. 

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Prediciton:

Yes this is going to be an interesting draft, camps and kickoff to the 2018 season.

Oh the tons of storylines already being developed starting maybe with "the guaranteed  $84M man".......puts the old $6M man to shame.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yes this is going to be an interesting draft, camps and kickoff to the 2018 season.

Oh the tons of storylines already being developed starting maybe with "the guaranteed  $84M man".......puts the old $6M man to shame.

The funnier thing will be when he  takes a cue from his old running mate  RGIII....and  blows out his knee in the first game.

Now...who do the Vikings have at backup these days?

Archived