THE BROWNS BOARD

Today's Thought...

Canton Mike

26 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

All I know is that we will make 5 picks before any of the ones we traded are used.

thats freaking brilliant!!

Yep. EDIT: If you had told me we could have Landry, Taylor and Randall without having to lose even one of those 1st and 2nd rounders I would have told you that you had lost your mind to even conceive of that idea.:o

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep. EDIT: If you had told me we could have Landry, Taylor and Randall without having to lose even one of those 1st and 2nd rounders I would have told you that you had lost your mind to even conceive of that idea.:o

There is no doubt that with 12 picks instead of a normal 7 some of those lower picks were expendable plus the BROWNS addressed some key need areas.....whoa.

Who are these guys running the show? :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

There is no doubt that with 12 picks instead of a normal 7 some of those lower picks were expendable plus the BROWNS addressed some key need areas.....whoa.

Who are these guys running the show? :ph34r:

I dunno but with these guys added we are looking a lot better for other experienced pros to start taking a serious look at us before draft day.

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

with these guys added we are looking a lot better for other experienced pros to start taking a serious look at us before draft day.

Astute.

The timing of these trades is great.  A few days before FA begins.

John Dorsey to free agents, "You can see that we're putting pieces in place.  C'mon over and be part of THE NEW BROWNS".  (with the same old new crappy uniforms)  :)

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

A day to unscramble the brain unless Dorsey is just warming up....

The wife was in the basement listening to a local radio station when all of this BROWNS news hit and the chatter went into high gear.....she didn’t really know what happened but you just had the feeling something was up.

You almost wonder what's next -or- do the BROWNS just head into the draft as is?

Just now, mjp28 said:

The wife was in the basement listening to a local radio station when all of this BROWNS news hit and the chatter went into high gear.....she didn’t really know what happened but you just had the feeling something was up.

You almost wonder what's next -or- do the BROWNS just head into the draft as is?

We still have the 2nd highest cap room

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

jarvis landry carrying a tag doesnt have value. It's fine that we picked him up(it's essentially like we signed him as a free agent that cost late round picks), but this is more a dump on the dolphins part of someone they didnt want to pay the tag(or a new deal) on......

jarvis landry off his rookie deal was never going to 'cost' anyone much of anything

16 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

jarvis landry carrying a tag doesnt have value. It's fine that we picked him up(it's essentially like we signed him as a free agent that cost late round picks), but this is more a dump on the dolphins part of someone they didnt want to pay the tag(or a new deal) on......

jarvis landry off his rookie deal was never going to 'cost' anyone much of anything

And who give a shite what the Dolphins motivations were.   The Browns have now obtained last year NFL leader in receptions.  That is all that matters.

Are you going to yipe about the Dolphins motivations...or the money the Browns pay him.... if Landry catches 100 balls for the Browns?

One defeanat thought this FO is in to win.   We gained 3 starters traded away two.  Swapped 4th and fith rounders with GB.   In the end all for 3 draft picks.  And I thought it was going to be a slow off season and it hasn't officially started.   When did they start getting all this set up?  We will have a new roster next year and I am kinda excited.

5 hours ago, Tacosman said:

just simply proves ya can't pay Ndamukong Suh 6 years $114M till 2021. That's just over $19M per year at QB wages. Did they ask Suh to reduce while still trying to lock-up their best offensive weapon? can't pay them all with Suh on the books 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

Landry is PRECISELY what the Browns needed at WR. Dude catches balls and gets first downs... As good as any player in the NFL. He's a game-changer for this team.

I couldn't possibly care less about the high salary. Worth every god damn penny.

exactly

33 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And who give a shite what the Dolphins motivations were.   The Browns have now obtained last year NFL leader in receptions.  That is all that matters.

Are you going to yipe about the Dolphins motivations...or the money the Browns pay him.... if Landry catches 100 balls for the Browns?

sigh....

Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

4 hours ago, Tacosman said:

sigh....

Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

Which is why I still want to add Kirk to the mix, another true slot guy with great hands and far more speed than Landry. The more we look like what NE throws to, the better.

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

just simply proves ya can't pay Ndamukong Suh 6 years $114M till 2021. That's just over $19M per year at QB wages. Did they ask Suh to reduce while still trying to lock-up their best offensive weapon? can't pay them all with Suh on the books 

And some guys wanted to pay an above average qb $30+ million a year? Cousins would have been a cap buster a few years down the road when guys like Garrett are coming off their rookie deals....  I'm really happy we don't need to worry about that scenario now. :)  

16 hours ago, Tacosman said:

sigh....

Landry has 9 yards per catch... On 2017 with Jay Cutler. With Tannehill, who is not an elite quaterback, he had 9.5 in 2015 and 12.1 in 2016, and he was gaining YPC since his rookie year. 

Do you know who has similar stats? Julian Edelman. With Tom Brady throwing at him. 

Don't you like to have a Julian Edelman-like player in the Browns?

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Landry has 9 yards per catch... On 2017 with Jay Cutler. With Tannehill, who is not an elite quaterback, he had 9.5 in 2015 and 12.1 in 2016, and he was gaining YPC since his rookie year. 

Do you know who has similar stats? Julian Edelman. With Tom Brady throwing at him. 

Don't you like to have a Julian Edelman-like player in the Browns?

1) Edelman's advanced stats are somewhat better

2) Edelman, for as much as I like him, also isn't someone who is worth franchise tag wide reciever money.  Going into the year next year he will be the third best option in the passing game on that team.  You wouldn't give franchise tag money to the third best option in the passing game on a team

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

The Cleveland Browns have announced that there will be no trades today :)

Geeeezzzz I was already getting used to this amazing, fast paced drama of wheeling and dealing.......after many years of not wheeling and dealing.

23 hours ago, Tacosman said:

sigh....

What he is is a reliable pass catcher,   a reliable first down maker.  

Fuyuck, hell no...that is not something the Browns need.  Lets just keep going 3 and out because we do not have a reliable guy to catch those 3rd down passes.   Let's not do anything that....god forbid, might help us control a clock...or matriculate the ball down the field...or win.

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What he is is a reliable pass catcher,   a reliable first down maker.  

Fuyuck, hell no...that is not something the Browns need.  Lets just keep going 3 and out because we do not have a reliable guy to catch those 3rd down passes.   Let's not do anything that....god forbid, might help us control a clock...or matriculate the ball down the field...or win.

Those advanced metrics Taco keeps referring to are what got Sashi ridden out of town, why he though Kenny Britt was a good idea. 6 ypc looks mighty good to me on 3rd and five....   

On 3/10/2018 at 9:26 AM, Bob Wiley said:

As a Vikings fan I want to wish you guys good luck! The Browns have been a dumpster fire and you guys deserve better. 

Go count all of your championship rings, asshole.

Zombo

Archived