Jump to content
BillsFanSayingHi

Tyrod from a Bills Fan's Perspective

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

No matter who the Browns draft, they are stupid fools. This is already etched in stone.

Who is 'they'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

No matter who the Browns draft, they are stupid fools. This is already etched in stone.

As they say in the investment world- and it applies to the Browns, "past performance is no guarantee of future results." Your coffee fetcher seems to be doing OK bringing in an influx of talent, and tossing the dead weight overboard so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone curious about the picks that we still have for the draft... 

 

Round 1 Pick 1
Round 1 Pick 4
Round 2 Pick 1
Round 2 Pick 3
Round 2 Pick 32
Round 4 Pick 14
Round 5 Pick 22
Round 6 Pick 1
Round 7 Pick 1

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As just a brief comparison:

Games:   Taylor  58 games  43 starts   Cousins  62 games, 57 starts

Record as starter:   Taylor  22-20    Cousins 26-30-1  (numbers from pfr....not sure where Taylor's other game went)

Att/Comps:   Taylor  793/1271    Cousins  1372/2096

Comp. % :  Taylor 62.4    Cousins 65.5

Yards:  Taylor  9056   Cousins  16,206

TDs:  Taylor 51    Cousins  99 

INT.s:  Taylor  18   Cousins   55

TD%   Taylor 4.0   Cousins  4.7

Int%  Taylor  1.4   Cousins 2.6

YPA   Taylor  7.1   Cousins  7.7

YPC  Taylor 11.4   Cousins 11.8

YPG  Taylor 156.1  Cousins 261.4

Rating  Taylor  91.2  Cousins 93.7

Sacks  Taylor 129   Cousins  106

What do these tell us:

Cousins was in an offense prone more to throwing.     He also took more risks with his throw...given the divergence with the Int. numbers.  Taylor was more likely to eat the ball...given his sack numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

At this pace this board thinks that roughly 30 players are guaranteed to be gone by the time the Browns are on the clock at #4. :lol:

Realistically....it could be 5-6 candidates:    Barkley, Chubb and anyone of the 4 QBs including one the Browns take.

Who else can you see going in top 3 before Browns choose at #4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

No matter who the Browns draft, they are stupid fools. This is already etched in stone.

Then its why you are the perfect, symbiotic Browns fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Browns getting Tyrod is a good move, Browns should draft theirQB for the future. At a minimum Tyrod will serve well as a bridge but just maybe he will prove valuable for th next 2 or 3 years.  Tyrod may not be Brady but he can throw the ball, the Bills gave him no protection and no receivers.  I expect this to change with the Browns and you will be happy to have him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My perspective on Tyrod is a little different than the OP's and I am also a Bills fan that watched every game he played. In the 3 years he started if the team fell behind by 10 points at any point in the game we never came back. He has 1 300 yard passing game in his career and it took OT to get it. TT is a team guy and a hard worker but... Most games he throws for under 200 yards and doesn't see guys running wide open. Landry is a great WR but TT won't be able to utilize him correctly because he rarely throws over the middle and never throws anyone open. He also holds on to the ball longer than any QB in the league causing many many sacks.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/opinion/dear-browns-fans

 

Luckily for you guys he's just a backup plan for the guy that you will end up drafting. In our case he was "the guy" and he's nothing more than a bridge/backup in reality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Realistically....it could be 5-6 candidates:    Barkley, Chubb and anyone of the 4 QBs including one the Browns take.

Who else can you see going in top 3 before Browns choose at #4?

Honestly, at this point, there's NO ONE I would guarantee to be gone by the time the Browns are on the board at #4. 

Gun to my head, I would say Darnold and Chubb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Shady Mccoy said:

My perspective on Tyrod is a little different than the OP's and I am also a Bills fan that watched every game he played. In the 3 years he started if the team fell behind by 10 points at any point in the game we never came back. He has 1 300 yard passing game in his career and it took OT to get it. TT is a team guy and a hard worker but... Most games he throws for under 200 yards and doesn't see guys running wide open. Landry is a great WR but TT won't be able to utilize him correctly because he rarely throws over the middle and never throws anyone open. He also holds on to the ball longer than any QB in the league causing many many sacks.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/opinion/dear-browns-fans

 

Luckily for you guys he's just a backup plan for the guy that you will end up drafting. In our case he was "the guy" and he's nothing more than a bridge/backup in reality. 

Well....he does take a lot of sacks.   Was that his fault....or the result of a pretty bad OL?  On the other hand, he threw very few picks.  Our guy last year could almost always be counted on to throw an interception at a critical time.  I think the Browns easily could have won 4-5 games if Kizer had the same TD/INT ratio as Taylor.   But, if that were the case, he would still be here and Taylor would not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well....he does take a lot of sacks.   Was that his fault....or the result of a pretty bad OL?  On the other hand, he threw very few picks.  Our guy last year could almost always be counted on to throw an interception at a critical time.  I think the Browns easily could have won 4-5 games if Kizer had the same TD/INT ratio as Taylor.   But, if that were the case, he would still be here and Taylor would not.

It's not the OL he holds the ball for a very long time I think the number was 3.71 seconds ( I may be off on that a bit) if he sees the guy and he is wide open he will throw it but he has no anticipation throws. He doesn't throw picks because he doesn't throw it. He had 8 games where he threw for less than 200 yards last season. He threw for 56 yards vs the Saints. He threw for more than 250 yards 3 times. Again I agree he's  better as a stop gap/bridge than Kizer. But he's nothing more than a .500 or below QB. I'm excited for your QB of the future and happy TT isn't with us anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shady Mccoy said:

It's not the OL he holds the ball for a very long time I think the number was 3.71 seconds ( I may be off on that a bit) if he sees the guy and he is wide open he will throw it but he has no anticipation throws. He doesn't throw picks because he doesn't throw it. He had 8 games where he threw for less than 200 yards last season. He threw for 56 yards vs the Saints. He threw for more than 250 yards 3 times. Again I agree he's  better as a stop gap/bridge than Kizer. But he's nothing more than a .500 or below QB. I'm excited for your QB of the future and happy TT isn't with us anymore.

So...you think a team that has gone 1-31  the last two years couldn't do with a QB that went 22-20 for you the last 3 years?  At least for a bit?

You seem to be saying that he was overly prudent with the ball?   Well, maybe, but that got you a playoff spot for like the first time since Jim Kelly played, no?   Well ....err....actually, I see that it was Doug Flutie.  

Also....riddle me this:    Who the HELL WILL be the QB of the Bills?  You don't think it will be Nathan Peterman?    Are the Bills going for one of the FAs?  I have never heard their name in connection with the Kirk Cousins venture.  

Are they going to go after Keenum,  McCarron, Bridgewater, Bradford?  Some other name?

Are they going to go after a QB in the draft?  It seems they have to.   Do they plan to take one at #21 or #22.....GOD forbid its #22!! 

Or do they plan to package both picks to move up? 

Do you think they are talking to the Browns for #4?

To make that trade work....on the "old"  value chart.....the Bills would have to give the Browns #21, #22, plus give us back #65

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/draft_trade_value.htm

Under the new "Harvard Chart".....the #21 and #65 would do.  We can see how that argument could go back and forth.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/pages/the-harvard-trade-value-chart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So....let's put it out there to the patrons here.   The Bills are now as desperate...or even more so...as the Browns were for a QB. 

Would you trade #4 overall   to the Bills for  #21, #22 and get back #65?

Or would you accept something less than that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Shady Mccoy said:

My perspective on Tyrod is a little different than the OP's and I am also a Bills fan that watched every game he played. In the 3 years he started if the team fell behind by 10 points at any point in the game we never came back. He has 1 300 yard passing game in his career and it took OT to get it. TT is a team guy and a hard worker but... Most games he throws for under 200 yards and doesn't see guys running wide open. Landry is a great WR but TT won't be able to utilize him correctly because he rarely throws over the middle and never throws anyone open. He also holds on to the ball longer than any QB in the league causing many many sacks.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/opinion/dear-browns-fans

Luckily for you guys he's just a backup plan for the guy that you will end up drafting. In our case he was "the guy" and he's nothing more than a bridge/backup in reality. 

We wish you Bills fans well. We can take a year of Taylor compared to the horrible stench Kizer left on the field on a regular basis. We probably would have won a game or four last year if Deshone  hadn't been a turnover machine- especially in the Red Zone.  

So I have to ask- what's the plan now in Buffalo at the quarterback position? Stay put, and probably take the #4-5 quarterback, try to move up, or make a play for Keenum or one of the other FA qBs?   

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

So....let's put it out there to the patrons here.   The Bills are now as desperate...or even more so...as the Browns were for a QB. 

Would you trade #4 overall   to the Bills for  #21, #22 and get back #65?

Or would you accept something less than that? 

No, I wan't MORE than that Gip.  We totally blew the picks we got trading down from Julio Jones, and at least this year, I don't want a repeat. I'll trade down- but no lower than the Jets pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

I'd rather see them get two blue chippers at #1&#4 than any other scenario. 

 

 

What would 21 and 22 get us?   One of the  non-Barkley RBs.   Maybe Josh Jackson  CB Iowa....if they are still looking for a CB.   They got one....and may get another in FA. 

NO OTs seem  first round worthy...fair to say?  

A DE/OLB?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Shady Mccoy said:

We now have 12 and 22 we traded with the Bengals. Hopefully we pick the right guy. The Bills have been in QB hell for a very long time.

Just saw that- answers my question what the Bills are intending.  But- will you be happy with say Josh Allen? MHO is that's all that's going to be left at #12.   You may well have to package #12 and #22 to move up higher- as the Eagles did to land one of the top 3.   

EDIT: In theory, the #12 and #22 is a fair trade for our #4. To get to the Colts #3, they'd have to offer more. Stay tuned, it's starting to get interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, Zombo said:

Not that I think Taylor's a bum ...

But I agree the idea of quarterback "pairings" is stupid.

Signing Taylor doesn't mean we are drafting Mayfield. It means he found him to be the best available bridge QB.

I'm pretty sure Todd Haley can draw gameplans for big strong-armed QBs too.

Zombo

also could be that they were worried about a F.A Q.B may not want to play for the Browns unless we threw mad cash at him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shady Mccoy said:

We now have 12 and 22 we traded with the Bengals. Hopefully we pick the right guy. The Bills have been in QB hell for a very long time.

"WE" ?   Do you have a mouse in your pocket?   You mean the Bills.....(assuming you don't draw a paycheck from them).

But you are still in the same boat as the Browns were:   needing both a veteran bridge QB plus a  top prospect...which I think you can now get.

Who is your Golden Gate?  Your Mackinac?  Your Royal Gorge?  Your New River?

I think this puts you in the Sam Bradford/Josh McCown Sweepstakes.....where we were just a few days ago.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Just saw that- answers my question what the Bills are intending.  But- will you be happy with say Josh Allen? MHO is that's all that's going to be left at #12.   You may well have to package #12 and #22 to move up higher- as the Eagles did to land one of the top 3.   

EDIT: In theory, the #12 and #22 is a fair trade for our #4. To get to the Colts #3, they'd have to offer more. Stay tuned, it's starting to get interesting. 

#3 is 2200 pts on the Traditional draft value chart.  As noted elsewhere  #12 and #22 add up to 1980.  Now Buffalo would have to sweeten the pot to the tune of  220 pts.   They throw in #65....and they are right there....even a bit much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

"WE" ?   Do you have a mouse in your pocket?   You mean the Bills.....(assuming you don't draw a paycheck from them).

But you are still in the same boat as the Browns were:   needing both a veteran bridge QB plus a  top prospect...which I think you can now get.

Who is your Golden Gate?  Your Mackinac?  Your Royal Gorge?  Your New River?

I think this puts you in the Sam Bradford/Josh McCown Sweepstakes.....where we were just a few days ago.

That's been the case since Jim Kelly. You don't have a 17 year playoff drought with a good QB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shady Mccoy said:

That's been the case since Jim Kelly. You don't have a 17 year playoff drought with a good QB 

But apparently you end it with a bad one.

Zombo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shady Mccoy said:

That's been the case since Jim Kelly. You don't have a 17 year playoff drought with a good QB 

So...by your definition the guy that broke the playoff drought would have to be a good QB.   Right?  And that is just what TT did, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So...by your definition the guy that broke the playoff drought would have to be a good QB.   Right?  And that is just what TT did, no?

If you watched Billsgames you would know that 3 or four games were won on an interception/fumble recovery by the defense. I'm not saying TT is bad but he's mediocre at best. If the Bills had an average QB vs. the Jags they win that playoff game. I already threw this stat out there and it seems like you don't mind it but 8 games he threw for less than 200 yards and he had a 56 yard game in one of those and 65 in another. If that's your definition of good I can argue with you. But to me that's awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shady Mccoy said:

If you watched Billsgames you would know that 3 or four games were won on an interception/fumble recovery by the defense. I'm not saying TT is bad but he's mediocre at best. If the Bills had an average QB vs. the Jags they win that playoff game. I already threw this stat out there and it seems like you don't mind it but 8 games he threw for less than 200 yards and he had a 56 yard game in one of those and 65 in another. If that's your definition of good I can argue with you. But to me that's awful.

My definition of good is a playoff berth....an 8-6 record.    By comparison to 1-31 that is good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shady Mccoy said:

If you watched Billsgames you would know that 3 or four games were won on an interception/fumble recovery by the defense. I'm not saying TT is bad but he's mediocre at best. If the Bills had an average QB vs. the Jags they win that playoff game. I already threw this stat out there and it seems like you don't mind it but 8 games he threw for less than 200 yards and he had a 56 yard game in one of those and 65 in another. If that's your definition of good I can argue with you. But to me that's awful.

I totally agree with Gipper, Taylor may at best be "average" but let me enlighten you about the absolute garbage Kizer inflicted on long suffering Browns fans last year. Deshone had six games where he threw multiple picks, (three twice against the Ravens and Colts- the Indy game was very winnable minus those ) only one game where he was interception free.  Eight games where his QBR was under a pathetic 55.  Numerous deep passes where he had WRs open for certain touchdowns, and young DK couldn't get the ball in the same area code. 

Tyrod is Aaron Rodgers in comparison to Kizer. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 1:16 PM, hoorta said:

No, I wan't MORE than that Gip.  We totally blew the picks we got trading down from Julio Jones, and at least this year, I don't want a repeat. I'll trade down- but no lower than the Jets pick. 

We got fleeced by the Falcons that year

 

that being said, Tyrod is a legit bridge QB. Has sick athleticism, and is light years better than Kizer at his current stage. He can hit WR's and run for the first down. This way we don't have to rush our Rookie QB, but I'm troubled, because what if our Rookie QB is ready week 1, or what if Tyrod gets injured and we have to throw him out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

We got fleeced by the Falcons that year

that being said, Tyrod is a legit bridge QB. Has sick athleticism, and is light years better than Kizer at his current stage. He can hit WR's and run for the first down. This way we don't have to rush our Rookie QB, but I'm troubled, because what if our Rookie QB is ready week 1, or what if Tyrod gets injured and we have to throw him out there.

LOL, I'll give you Po's response. HOGAN!!! HOGAN!!! HOGAN!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm cool with Taylor as the bridge QB, but it's going to be interesting how he's viewed here come September. 

From what I've heard from Buffalo writers who covered him, he gets sacked a ton because he holds onto the ball forever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×