THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorsey Taking Charge

Suomi

On 3/15/2018 at 12:27 PM, Westside Steve said:

But tour is really taking this Sashi Brown thing hard! :wub:

Come on bud, we still need your Insight on the o-line!

Again... only when poked. But in reality it had less to do with the man at the top being fired as it did expecting the approach we were taking to be sh!t-canned.

But surprise... quite honestly to date I can't see little that the change at the top has impacted. There have been few FO departures and essentially every move made under Dorsey has a parallel in the Sashi era.

As for the OL... not a lot of expertise needed there in 2018. The die has been cast. The major Draft talent is inside... right where we don't need it. We can't replace Joe, so the hope is that Shon Coleman can suffice by kicking his game up a notch when he returns to his natural position, LT. I like his chances, but those are big shoes to try to fill so fans will need to show a little patience.

Fortunately, if nothing else, Cleveland fans are known for their patience... ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love this quote because it hints that maybe Pryor did NOT learn his lesson about asking for the moon when you have orbit ability only.

Dorsey on whether he pursued receiver Terrelle Pryor, who recently signed with the New York Jets: “There were conversations. But it takes both parties to come to a reasonable decision in terms of trying to create a deal.”

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

New York Jets: “There were conversations. But it takes both parties to come to a reasonable decision in terms of trying to create a deal.”

think Dorsey has the same comment after Jets offer to #1 than settling at pick #3.. Dorsey has swept the whole state of NY including Buffalo..if i know Gettleman? Odel is printing his ticket out of town just as Norman in Carolina.. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Love this quote because it hints that maybe Pryor did NOT learn his lesson about asking for the moon when you have orbit ability only.

Dorsey on whether he pursued receiver Terrelle Pryor, who recently signed with the New York Jets: “There were conversations. But it takes both parties to come to a reasonable decision in terms of trying to create a deal.”

Did you used to work in the space program there in Texas?

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Good read...

I think we've now worked out the Big Four in Private at "their place". Visits to Berea are upcoming...

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Did you used to work in the space program there in Texas?

No, but the husband of my Dad's first cousin was the engineer in charge of the lunar lander with NASA., Hugh Davis (An Aggie). Here is a little know factoid about how the landing was almost Apollo 12 instead of 11.

https://www.spaceanswers.com/news/buzz-aldrin-we-were-not-supposed-to-be-the-first-men-on-the-moon/

From the article: 

Buzz Aldrin
“It was overweight early in the programme, maybe around the time of Apollo 8, but a weight reduction programme was instituted by my good friend Hugh Davis and it resulted in an acceptable weight for LEM 5 so instead of the first landing mission going to be Apollo 12 in October 1969, with a different crew [Pete Conrad, Alan Bean and Richard Gordon], it now was backed up to Apollo 11 [in July 1969], giving us a couple more months before the end of the decade [to fulfill Kennedy’s objectives].”

Archived