THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorsey Taking Charge

Suomi

There's a new sheriff in town, and his name is Reggie Hamm...er, John Dorsey.

JD makes a statement that Hue can read from a mile away.  Frack McCarrion, Dorsey got himself a quarterback that led his team to the playoffs last year.  And the best slot receiver in the game.  And another decent cornerback.

Can't wait to see what free agency brings us. 

My UConn classmate is doing us proud.

GO BROWNS!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Suomi said:

There's a new sheriff in town, and his name is Reggie Hamm...er, John Dorsey.

JD makes a statement that Hue can read from a mile away.  Frack McCarrion, Dorsey got himself a quarterback that led his team to the playoffs last year.  And the best slot receiver in the game.  And another decent cornerback.

Can't wait to see what free agency brings us. 

My UConn classmate is doing us proud.

GO BROWNS!

In spades. No doubt who's in control here, and it ain't Hue. 

WOW, WOW, WOW & more WOWS to come!

More work to be done of course, but Dorsey isn't sitting on his hands. He just significantly upgraded 3 KEY positions without spending any of our top 5 draft picks. These additions should also make us a more desirable free agent destination.

Mike

Look at that this way. The browns acquired the following:

Jarvis landry, tyrod Taylor, demarious randall

And gave up:

65th pick, 4th round pick, 7th round pick (2019), and Kizer.

If you looked at that objectively who would you say won that deal? I hear you Mr. Dorsey.

42 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Look at that this way. The browns acquired the following:

Jarvis landry, tyrod Taylor, demarious randall

And gave up:

65th pick, 4th round pick, 7th round pick (2019), and Kizer.

If you looked at that objectively who would you say won that deal? I hear you Mr. Dorsey.

YEP! Dorsey added 3 probable starters & we still have FA & 5 picks in in the 1st 64 at the draft.

Not a bad start for John Dorsey & Staff. Stay tuned.............

Mike

21 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

"After the three trades happened, Dustin Fox of 92.3 the Fan said on the radio that he heard a fourth trade “was pretty much done,” but he wasn’t sure when it’d be announced and he wouldn’t say what it was."

Honey Badger or Thomas next??

Not unnoticed by me is the fact that Jimmah has finally learned his lesson and gotten himself a football guy and moved out of the way. 

Go fetch your new GM some coffee and just enjoy the results.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Not unnoticed by me is the fact that Jimmah has finally learned his lesson and gotten himself a football guy and moved out of the way. 

Starbucks too.

Not that Flying J swill 3 days old. You add 10 creams and its still pitch black.

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Let's talk about Jimmy (and Dee) for a moment. Jimmy Haslam STARTED as Owner with a passion to win, but he made mistakes on the path. The important thing is that he has "adjusted" to his mistakes each time. This time, he has compiled one of the best Front Offices in the NFL, LOADED with proven, successful men who came from winning programs to reverse this culture.

Kudos & a big "THANK YOU" to Jimmy for GROWING as an Owner.

Mike 

27 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Let's talk about Jimmy (and Dee) for a moment. Jimmy Haslam STARTED as Owner with a passion to win, but he made mistakes on the path. The important thing is that he has "adjusted" to his mistakes each time. This time, he has compiled one of the best Front Offices in the NFL, LOADED with proven, successful men who came from winning programs to reverse this culture.

Mike 

Great.

Now haul Haslam's butt off to prison where he belongs.

10 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike 

I'm thankful he puts self evaluation over ego.  If anyone questions how much the guy wants to win - it was his plane that intercepted a Manning family tradition of playing QB at Ole Miss. And UT won a lot of football games in that time while it improved it's recruiting attraction to make it possible to win a National Championship the year after Manning left UT.  I doubt he wanted to win less when he bought this franchise.  He just had a learning curve when he took over an extended Poseiden Adventure.

People forget Eddie DeBartolo didn't exactly get it right away.  During his growing pains, he fired more people in his organization than Donald Trump.  It takes a while to get the right help you can trust and empower. 

17 hours ago, D Bone said:

"After the three trades happened, Dustin Fox of 92.3 the Fan said on the radio that he heard a fourth trade “was pretty much done,” but he wasn’t sure when it’d be announced and he wouldn’t say what it was."

Come Wednesday it only cost money..So you would think another "trade" would involve a player still attached to a team.Involving draft picks before just cutting him loose.Thats a lot of dudes.. from L.Bell to Dontari Poe..Poe was on the radio yesterday..quoted "he'd still play for a football guy like Dorsey." but were pretty solid up front..Maybe a DE if were missing out on Bradley Chubb? After Chubb & Marcus Davenport at DE, this draft class is no better than Orchard or Naz imo 

13 hours ago, D Bone said:

I don't think those would be the guys.     I  think it will be something minor, like a late round pick for a backup OG.

22 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Just sent Gordon and a 2nd to the Texans for Clowney.

Not sure how I feel about that.  

are we now Clowning around? 

14 hours ago, D Bone said:

Looks like that trade was Shelton. Have to wonder if we'll go after Dontari. Chubb just got way more desirable in the draft.

Maybe I'm just getting old and can't remember correctly, but I don't remember having all of these trades before FA opened and the new season officially began?  

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Maybe I'm just getting old and can't remember correctly, but I don't remember having all of these trades before FA opened and the new season official began?  

Logic beat me to it.  :) Is the league looking the other way about "tampering" all of a sudden? A bunch of guys who have gotten "traded" were still under contract with their original teams- a supposed no-no until the new league year starts on the 14th.  

6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Dontari Poe..Poe was on the radio yesterday..quoted "he'd still play for a football guy like Dorsey." but were pretty solid up front.. 

Maybe not as solid without Shelton? I can expand on this post.Dontari Poe was on Jim Miller & Pat Kerwins sirius NFL radio show yesterday.This was right after the Jarvis Landry signing. And just before the Tyrod signing.Pat told Poe "that it sounds like your old GM John Dorsey is rolling up his sleeves again now in Cleveland." Poe responded "that is what Dorsey does, I'd still play football for that guy". Poe did make it clear he & his agent are open to playing anywhere & "were going to compete"   

23 hours ago, hoorta said:

Looks like that trade was Shelton. Have to wonder if we'll go after Dontari. Chubb just got way more desirable in the draft.

Shelton not a great fit in the 4-3.   More of a 3-4 NT.    I guess that is why that move made.

Archived