THE BROWNS BOARD

Kizer to the Packers

darren15

This is a great place for Kizer. It's almost throwing him a bone and doing him a solid. I'm glad Kizer ended up somewhere he can be developed. He has potential, but just got the wrong end of the stick. He always handled everything as professional as possible. He will easily beat out Hundley, whom will probably be released at this point. 

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

For a coffee fetcher ol Dorsey is doing damn good.

And you heard it from Ghoolie first (well the coffee fetcher part anyway). :POh and how good Kizer would be. :DAny bets we don't take Barkley #1?:lol:

Even as 3rd string QB, I wanted to keep Kizer. After his awful year 1, his market was the lowest possible, and I was looking for some competition between a draftee a FA (Taylor) and him, though I have my corcerns if he'll ever become a starter.

How good of a player is Randall? I remember that one year ago GB fans were complaining that they had the worst CB couple in the league, but was he part of it?

little Toledo bius here..when drafted.. Kizer was not to start on any team.He simply was not ready.The Qb room was Brock,Kessler & Hogan. Nobody preformed better than Kizer at camp.Not a single weapon in site. The Plan of Brock being the Veteran leader was a failure & SB could have paid Josh McCown a 1.3M extention to keep the right leader of the QB room. Kizer does have the mental grit of toughness it takes as a rookie QB. He took a lot of crap being almost set up to fail to throw the ball all over the park..Hue Jackson got his speed evaluation & ticked off I.Crowell along the way.Duke Johnson even took a stand to back Kizer while being ruined as a rookie. I never saw this move coming.Thought Kizer deserved a fair chance to compete here with a actual Veteran leader QB. Well Kizer has one of the best to follow now. The trade value is a little concerning to me. Damarious Randle was barely a 1st round pick at #30 to GB. So like Erving 1st rounders carry a price tag.Kizer was pick #52. But not sure if he is a #1 CB at this time. Certainly a #2 but is a #2 CB worth also flipping  4th & 5th round spots? losing almost a dozen spots in both rounds..To the Central Catholic toledo kid..I wish you Good Luck following one of the best to learn from at the position..   

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

little Toledo bius here..when drafted.. Kizer was not to start on any team.He simply was not ready.The Qb room was Brock,Kessler & Hogan. Nobody preformed better than Kizer at camp.Not a single weapon in site. The Plan of Brock being the Veteran leader was a failure & SB could have paid Josh McCown a 1.3M extention to keep the right leader of the QB room. Kizer does have the mental grit of toughness it takes as a rookie QB. He took a lot of crap being almost set up to fail to throw the ball all over the park..Hue Jackson got his speed evaluation & ticked off I.Crowell along the way.Duke Johnson even took a stand to back Kizer while being ruined as a rookie. I never saw this move coming.Thought Kizer deserved a fair chance to compete here with a actual Veteran leader QB. Well Kizer has one of the best to follow now. The trade value is a little concerning to me. Damarious Randle was barely a 1st round pick at #30 to GB. So like Erving 1st rounders carry a price tag.Kizer was pick #52. But not sure if he is a #1 CB at this time. Certainly a #2 but is a #2 CB worth also flipping  4th & 5th round spots? losing almost a dozen spots in both rounds..To the Central Catholic toledo kid..I wish you Good Luck following one of the best to learn from at the position..   

Couldn’t agree more.

The Browns did everything possible to make sure Kizer (or any rookie QB) was destined to fail.

12 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Couldn’t agree more.

The Browns did everything possible to make sure Kizer (or any rookie QB) was destined to fail.

And Kizer was no three year or more starter in college either plus no deep threats at all at least until Flash showed up later this was the football Titanic just waiting for an iceberg.  Nothing like getting our expectations too high going into 2018. :lol:

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Nah...I don't give a shite if he does.   He is no longer with the Browns...and though he is an Ohio guy...screw him.

We agree here.. Screw him, Ohio or not!

On 3/10/2018 at 12:36 PM, The Gipper said:

Nah...I don't give a shite if he does.   He is no longer with the Browns...and though he is an Ohio guy...screw him.

On 3/10/2018 at 12:40 PM, nickers said:

We agree here.. Screw him, Ohio or not!

why screw him?  it's not like he left the team by choice.  he was a rookie thrown into a bad situation here, not all of the losses were on him.

53 minutes ago, Browns1216 said:

why screw him?  it's not like he left the team by choice.  he was a rookie thrown into a bad situation here, not all of the losses were on him.

As Rich would say... "He STANK"

2 hours ago, Browns1216 said:

Screw him simply means that since he is no longer with us, there is no longer any reason to care if he has any success or not.   He can continue to be as bad as he was here and we could care less..

Did you really have trouble figuring out what that meant?

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Please advise us on a grammar issue:

Stink (the present)

Stank (the past)

Stunk (the past)

What is the proper tense for each of these?

On 3/9/2018 at 5:54 PM, tiamat63 said:

Bring on Rosen and benkert.

lol....

On 3/9/2018 at 7:58 PM, hoorta said:

He was going to be third string here, best situation for him- sit and learn behind one of the greats.   

Bingo... and this was pure inside knowledge stuff.

Our acquired, former-GB, FO talent knew Randall's FS potential and that they had coveted Kizer in the 2017 draft... even had him in their discussion at #33, but went CB.

Kizer was never going to play in CLE again and Randall was never going to play FS as long as Ha Ha draws breath.

A true win-win deal.

Archived