THE BROWNS BOARD

Damarious Randall A Brown

darren15

On 3/10/2018 at 9:22 AM, Orion said:

So is THIS the guy who will bring Peppers in from the Hinterland?

Yep, looks like he will play FS and Peppers will move to his more natural SS spot.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Browns-will-likely-play-trade-Damarious-Randall-at-free-safety-116145648

7 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Yep, looks like he will play FS and Peppers will move to his more natural SS spot.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Browns-will-likely-play-trade-Damarious-Randall-at-free-safety-116145648

Yes and better than playing so waaaaay back on his receiver he was out of the TV shot.

Who knows this might all work out. So do the BROWNS still pick up a DB at #4?

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yes and better than playing so waaaaay back on his receiver he was out of the TV shot.

Who knows this might all work out. So do the BROWNS still pick up a DB at #4?

Possible, but I've been saying if Chubb is still there at #4, it's going to be a no brainer who we take. Chubb and Garrett on opposite ends will give offensive coordinators nightmares...  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Possible, but I've been saying if Chubb is still there at #4, it's going to be a no brainer who we take. Chubb and Garrett on opposite ends will give offensive coordinators nightmares...  

I'm starting to really think this too...

That's the modern NFL in possibly the Browns top two picks: Be able to pass the ball and be able to tackle the other guy trying to pass the ball. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

And I've become more convinced by the Shelton trade that we take Chubb #1 and that they rate all 3 QBs about the same in development needed behind Taylor. So they take the one left  @#4. We'll see.

8 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

peppers has far more to worry about than whether he is fs or ss....he needs to worry about how the hell he will stay on the field period unless he starts to play much much better.  

Williams had him working as a valet during games so I forgive Peppers being a non factor. However, he had better show out better if Williams moves him back into the stadium.

19 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

if you are a safety in the nfl in 2018 you still have to be able to make plays in space in the passing game.  FS or SS.   i see no indications peppers has those skills at an nfl level

Totally agree! Peppers was rated the 2nd worst safety in the NFL last season. AS a punter returner he also sucked...  

10 hours ago, FALCON7 said:

Totally agree! Peppers was rated the 2nd worst safety in the NFL last season. AS a punter returner he also sucked...  

Since Woody is personally responsible for Peppers performance....he had better get on his boy's arse to make him play better.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/packers-coach-admits-he-played-damarious-randall-out-of-position/ar-BBKOglU?ocid=spartanntp

It appears we have a first round talent at FS now! 

That is great news. 

Randall and Peppers? Nice, especially with Kindred coming in fresh. 

15 hours ago, PoeticG said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/packers-coach-admits-he-played-damarious-randall-out-of-position/ar-BBKOglU?ocid=spartanntp

It appears we have a first round talent at FS now! 

That is great news. 

Randall and Peppers? Nice, especially with Kindred coming in fresh. 

Certainly...hopefully.   Still not sure we don't draft a guy though. 

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Certainly...hopefully.   Still not sure we don't draft a guy though. 

We did ...Justin Reid at the bottom of the 2nd round :)

38 minutes ago, darren15 said:

We did ...Justin Reid at the bottom of the 2nd round :)

I might be good with that in the real thing.  For some reason, I think that taking guys from Stanford....in their proper spot...is always a good thing. You know you are getting a smart player if nothing else.

Archived