THE BROWNS BOARD

Tyrod Taylor A Brown

darren15

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Just my gut feel but BUF wanted another direction and the BROWNS were getting nervous about getting shut out of the experienced QB FA market.

I think the BROWNS came out ahead on this deal. Then they jettisoned Kizer like yesterday's fish and lost their only really experienced QB.

Obviously now they plan on having a true rookie as the "one snap away guy" as a backup? Gulp.

........edit add, oh yeah Kessler or whomever is there, not a big comfort for me.

Well as you know I didn't want Kizer, nor did I want him to start immediately, but thought he had potential and heard enough of the pundits saying that he showed some improvement of the season went on. Which I guess is the best you can ask being thrown into an untenable situation.

On the other hand I don't suppose we get a straight answer about any of the inner workings of the NFL anyway.

WSS

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting factoid...

The Liberal Browns @LiberalBrowns

@TyrodTaylor owns teams who sit in Zone coverage. Coincidentally, The Steelers & Bengals are both in the Top 3 for Zone usage... with the Ravens not too far behind. Dorsey's decision to trade for Tyrod was no mistake #Browns fans. #AnalyticsAreForNerds

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Interesting factoid...

@TyrodTaylor owns teams who sit in Zone coverage. Coincidentally, The Steelers & Bengals are both in the Top 3 for Zone usage... with the Ravens not too far behind. Dorsey's decision to trade for Tyrod was no mistake #Browns fans. #AnalyticsAreForNerds

What does this mean?   I think you have to flesh this out a bit.

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What does this mean?   I think you have to flesh this out a bit.

Tyrod has great production against Zone Coverage. Our AFC North rivals are among the very top users of zone coverage in the entire league.

Therefore, he appears to be a shrewd choice for Dorsey and the Browns.

Zombo

14 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Tyrod has great production against Zone Coverage. Our AFC North rivals are among the very top users of zone coverage in the entire league.

Zombo

I got that much....I am just wondering about the statistics that bear that out. 

10 hours ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

When's the last time we had any kind of real plan in "team building" with a purpose? not sure who opened who's eyes on Tyrod, from FO to coaches? but it's New..Now to get a roster built with similar planning. Than a coaching staff, preparing their team to weaknesses from weekly game film of opponents..We may just surprise ourselves into finishing some games..a lot to like here..(good find tour)  

I hope Tyrod's shoulder mounted chip grows 10 fold by all of the QBOTF talk and the dude goes out there and phucking lights it the hell up, forcing the Browns to sign him to an extension by week 10. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

If we are forced to sign TT to an extension, then we drafted the wrong QB.

Well it took Rodgers 3 years to be ready to take over at GB, so an extension may very well be in order.

32 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well it took Rodgers 3 years to be ready to take over at GB, so an extension may very well be in order.

More like it took Favre three years to get out of the way.

There's no indication that Rodgers needed to wait one year let alone 3.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

More like it took Favre three years to get out of the way.

There's no indication that Rodgers needed to wait one year let alone 3.

Nevertheless how many times have the Browns rushed in QBs who were not really ready? And if TT is playing well, why not extend him? It's not like he's Brady's age.

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And if TT is playing well, why not extend him?

Because we are at the end of the bridge... or should be.

Don't get me wrong, if Tyrod is cheap enough I'd consider him, but I don't think he'll be "cheap". He'll be in that 2nd tier $15mm-ish per year area and still want to start.

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nevertheless how many times have the Browns rushed in QBs who were not really ready? And if TT is playing well, why not extend him? It's not like he's Brady's age.

Browns fans were very loudly clamouring for Jonny with a 7-4 record, I was in the stadium at the time and heard it first hand. 

You draft a QB at #1 and you start 2-4/2-5 the fans will be demanding you play him. Bank it. 

7 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Browns fans were very loudly clamouring for Jonny with a 7-4 record, I was in the stadium at the time and heard it first hand. 

You draft a QB at #1 and you start 2-4/2-5 the fans will be demanding you play him. Bank it. 

actually the phrase is  "book it" or you could have said "you can take that to the bank" just trying to help man 

7 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Shmuck the fans.  90% of them WANTED Johnny.

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Silly gooses, all of them.

They probably were the same fans who wanted the Browns to use the #3 overall pick on Troy Smith. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

They probably were the same fans who wanted the Browns to use the #3 overall pick on Troy Smith. 

Can't hate them for that.  I wanted Troy.  Granted not first round but I liked him more than Brady.  A Cleveland boy that wanted to stay home and wasn't an off field distraction?  Yes please.  

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Happy to say I was in the minority...   

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Or the the guys who say Saquon at #1, or worse- don't take QB at all this year in the first round. 

12 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Can't hate them for that.  I wanted Troy.  Granted not first round but I liked him more than Brady.  A Cleveland boy that wanted to stay home and wasn't an off field distraction?  Yes please.  

Not sure where you are coming up with Troy vs. Brady.   Brady was drafted in 2000.....7 years before Troy came out.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Yea....when the name Brady is used in association with QBs....it is Quinn that comes first to mind.  Sure.

527a09c8125950f9fb96747e7c11def4--smiley

That's my fault for the confusio.  I presume when talking about the 2007 draft and the Browns it would have been obvious. 

On 11/04/2018 at 2:25 AM, Tour2ma said:

Interesting factoid...

Darnold’s timing, accuracy and ball placement against man coverage is lethal. He throws receivers open and makes some tight throws look far more routine than they should be. Not only is he making the receiver’s job easier, but he’s also making it far more difficult for the defense to stop.

Zone defenses, combo coverages, late movements by defenses and defenders able to hold their water and give Darnold a hesitation in his read have given him substantial problems. Darnold will assume coverages and then end up wrong. Many of his interceptions or near interceptions were caused by misreads or assumptions in bad faith by Darnold. This is one of the areas where he’s still learning and still developing.

Had to go back 3 pages to revive this thread.. We need to wrap our head around the fact that this guy has the reigns of our team for the next year.. And here is a stat I like..

2017  TD's  14 versus 4 Picks

2016 TD's  17 Versus 6 picks

2015 TD's 20 Versus 6 picks

Compare this to the pathetic ELEVEN and TWENTY TWO!!!!!  Of Dishone Kizer.. Imagine having even half of those picks back in critical parts of those games?

I don't know that he is THE MAN. But if he cannot end up like RG3 last year and try and run down a freaking 250 pound linebacker and get knocked out at the start of the season, i think he is poised to do MUCH better.

Archived