Jump to content
darren15

Tyrod Taylor A Brown

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Just my gut feel but BUF wanted another direction and the BROWNS were getting nervous about getting shut out of the experienced QB FA market.

I think the BROWNS came out ahead on this deal. Then they jettisoned Kizer like yesterday's fish and lost their only really experienced QB.

Obviously now they plan on having a true rookie as the "one snap away guy" as a backup? Gulp.

........edit add, oh yeah Kessler or whomever is there, not a big comfort for me.

Well as you know I didn't want Kizer, nor did I want him to start immediately, but thought he had potential and heard enough of the pundits saying that he showed some improvement of the season went on. Which I guess is the best you can ask being thrown into an untenable situation.

On the other hand I don't suppose we get a straight answer about any of the inner workings of the NFL anyway.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting factoid...

The Liberal Browns @LiberalBrowns

@TyrodTaylor owns teams who sit in Zone coverage. Coincidentally, The Steelers & Bengals are both in the Top 3 for Zone usage... with the Ravens not too far behind. Dorsey's decision to trade for Tyrod was no mistake #Browns fans. #AnalyticsAreForNerds

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Interesting factoid...

The Liberal Browns @LiberalBrowns

@TyrodTaylor owns teams who sit in Zone coverage. Coincidentally, The Steelers & Bengals are both in the Top 3 for Zone usage... with the Ravens not too far behind. Dorsey's decision to trade for Tyrod was no mistake #Browns fans. #AnalyticsAreForNerds

What does this mean?   I think you have to flesh this out a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What does this mean?   I think you have to flesh this out a bit.

Tyrod has great production against Zone Coverage. Our AFC North rivals are among the very top users of zone coverage in the entire league.

Therefore, he appears to be a shrewd choice for Dorsey and the Browns.

Zombo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Tyrod has great production against Zone Coverage. Our AFC North rivals are among the very top users of zone coverage in the entire league.

Therefore, he appears to be a shrewd choice for Dorsey and the Browns.

Zombo

I got that much....I am just wondering about the statistics that bear that out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ought to help...

DaWfE_wUMAApxa0.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

This ought to help...

DaWfE_wUMAApxa0.jpg

Just beat the Steelers and the flying rats and the bungholes and I'm good with him.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zombo said:

Therefore, he appears to be a shrewd choice for Dorsey and the Browns.

Zombo

When's the last time we had any kind of real plan in "team building" with a purpose? not sure who opened who's eyes on Tyrod, from FO to coaches? but it's New..Now to get a roster built with similar planning. Than a coaching staff, preparing their team to weaknesses from weekly game film of opponents..We may just surprise ourselves into finishing some games..a lot to like here..(good find tour)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Tyrod's shoulder mounted chip grows 10 fold by all of the QBOTF talk and the dude goes out there and phucking lights it the hell up, forcing the Browns to sign him to an extension by week 10. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are forced to sign TT to an extension, then we drafted the wrong QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

If we are forced to sign TT to an extension, then we drafted the wrong QB.

Well it took Rodgers 3 years to be ready to take over at GB, so an extension may very well be in order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well it took Rodgers 3 years to be ready to take over at GB, so an extension may very well be in order.

More like it took Favre three years to get out of the way.

There's no indication that Rodgers needed to wait one year let alone 3.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

More like it took Favre three years to get out of the way.

There's no indication that Rodgers needed to wait one year let alone 3.

Nevertheless how many times have the Browns rushed in QBs who were not really ready? And if TT is playing well, why not extend him? It's not like he's Brady's age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And if TT is playing well, why not extend him?

Because we are at the end of the bridge... or should be.

Don't get me wrong, if Tyrod is cheap enough I'd consider him, but I don't think he'll be "cheap". He'll be in that 2nd tier $15mm-ish per year area and still want to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nevertheless how many times have the Browns rushed in QBs who were not really ready? And if TT is playing well, why not extend him? It's not like he's Brady's age.

Browns fans were very loudly clamouring for Jonny with a 7-4 record, I was in the stadium at the time and heard it first hand. 

You draft a QB at #1 and you start 2-4/2-5 the fans will be demanding you play him. Bank it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Browns fans were very loudly clamouring for Jonny with a 7-4 record, I was in the stadium at the time and heard it first hand. 

You draft a QB at #1 and you start 2-4/2-5 the fans will be demanding you play him. Bank it. 

actually the phrase is  "book it" or you could have said "you can take that to the bank" just trying to help man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Browns fans were very loudly clamouring for Jonny with a 7-4 record, I was in the stadium at the time and heard it first hand. 

You draft a QB at #1 and you start 2-4/2-5 the fans will be demanding you play him. Bank it. 

Shmuck the fans.  90% of them WANTED Johnny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Shmuck the fans.  90% of them WANTED Johnny.

Silly gooses, all of them.

They probably were the same fans who wanted the Browns to use the #3 overall pick on Troy Smith. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Silly gooses, all of them.

They probably were the same fans who wanted the Browns to use the #3 overall pick on Troy Smith. 

Can't hate them for that.  I wanted Troy.  Granted not first round but I liked him more than Brady.  A Cleveland boy that wanted to stay home and wasn't an off field distraction?  Yes please.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Shmuck the fans.  90% of them WANTED Johnny.

Happy to say I was in the minority...   

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Silly gooses, all of them.

They probably were the same fans who wanted the Browns to use the #3 overall pick on Troy Smith. 

Or the the guys who say Saquon at #1, or worse- don't take QB at all this year in the first round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Can't hate them for that.  I wanted Troy.  Granted not first round but I liked him more than Brady.  A Cleveland boy that wanted to stay home and wasn't an off field distraction?  Yes please.  

Not sure where you are coming up with Troy vs. Brady.   Brady was drafted in 2000.....7 years before Troy came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Not sure where you are coming up with Troy vs. Brady.   Brady was drafted in 2000.....7 years before Troy came out.

Quinn there, champ.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Quinn there, champ.  

Yea....when the name Brady is used in association with QBs....it is Quinn that comes first to mind.  Sure.

527a09c8125950f9fb96747e7c11def4--smiley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Yea....when the name Brady is used in association with QBs....it is Quinn that comes first to mind.  Sure.

527a09c8125950f9fb96747e7c11def4--smiley

That's my fault for the confusio.  I presume when talking about the 2007 draft and the Browns it would have been obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

That's my fault for the confusio.  I presume when talking about the 2007 draft and the Browns it would have been obvious. 

I didn't know we were talking about the 2007 draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/04/2018 at 2:25 AM, Tour2ma said:

Interesting factoid...

The Liberal Browns @LiberalBrowns

@TyrodTaylor owns teams who sit in Zone coverage. Coincidentally, The Steelers & Bengals are both in the Top 3 for Zone usage... with the Ravens not too far behind. Dorsey's decision to trade for Tyrod was no mistake #Browns fans. #AnalyticsAreForNerds

Darnold’s timing, accuracy and ball placement against man coverage is lethal. He throws receivers open and makes some tight throws look far more routine than they should be. Not only is he making the receiver’s job easier, but he’s also making it far more difficult for the defense to stop.

Zone defenses, combo coverages, late movements by defenses and defenders able to hold their water and give Darnold a hesitation in his read have given him substantial problems. Darnold will assume coverages and then end up wrong. Many of his interceptions or near interceptions were caused by misreads or assumptions in bad faith by Darnold. This is one of the areas where he’s still learning and still developing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×