Jump to content
darren15

Tyrod Taylor A Brown

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, nickers said:

Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

Taylor is a bridge and nothing more. He lead a team with two hotdog vendors and a cripple at WR to a playoff birth. I will take that potential as the stand in at QB over what was available in free agency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Taylor is a bridge and nothing more. He lead a team with two hotdog vendors and a cripple at WR to a playoff birth. I will take that potential as the stand in at QB over what was available in free agency.

As Ghoulie would say.. Another Black Tarkenton :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nickers said:

As Ghoulie would say.. Another Black Tarkenton :P

Who really cares what that racist blow-hard says, though?

Unless, of course...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nickers said:

Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

You gotta be kidding.

Look at his numbers in 2017

Taylor threw 4 INTs - Kizer threw 22

Taylor had an approximate completions rate of 63% - Kizer 54%

Taylor fumbled 2 times - Kizer 6

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

You gotta be kidding.

Look at his numbers in 2017

Taylor threw 4 INTs - Kizer threw 22

Taylor had an approximate completions rate of 63% - Kizer 54%

Taylor fumbled 2 times - Kizer 6

He's a very solid bridge QB. He's a good game manager with experience.

The Browns did Kizer ZERO favors last season. None.

They have started to take steps to not make the same mistake again with Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, etc this upcoming season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Which QB in the draft does he emulate? Both Taylor and the new guy will run the same style offense under Haley.

I keep coming up with Mayfield  http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209397188

Haley is smart he can suit a offense to it's strength's which is why i disagree with the drafting of Mayfield I still believe it will be Darnold he can learn a lot from Taylor from a turnover prospective 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

You gotta be kidding.

Look at his numbers in 2017

Taylor threw 4 INTs - Kizer threw 22

Taylor had an approximate completions rate of 63% - Kizer 54%

Taylor fumbled 2 times - Kizer 6

So generally we are all aware that a turnip with feet was an improvement on Kizer. That doesn't make some of us jump for joy over Tyrod man. You can tell me all day long he doesn't turn the ball over but he doesn't do much positive either. 25th last year in both passing TD's and passing yards. 37th in yards per game. Brings around 20 total TD's to the table between rushing and passing. I am trying to get some enthusiasm but the stats and his performance make it pretty damn hard. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's a very solid bridge QB. He's a good game manager with experience.

The Browns did Kizer ZERO favors last season. None.

They have started to take steps to not make the same mistake again with Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, etc this upcoming season. 

Youre right.

Kizer should have been benched for good after about 5 games. He will only be a back up in the NFL and nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

So generally we are all aware that a turnip with feet was an improvement on Kizer. That doesn't make some of us jump for joy over Tyrod man. You can tell me all day long he doesn't turn the ball over but he doesn't do much positive either. 25th last year in both passing TD's and passing yards. 37th in yards per game. Brings around 20 total TD's to the table between rushing and passing. I am trying to get some enthusiasm but the stats and his performance make it pretty damn hard. 

Yup.. He blows!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big thing to me is, they made these moves KNOWING that the free agency market was going to be rough for them. No one was going to want to sign here.

So they went the trade route, added talent against talent's will... And now it doesn't look so bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

The big thing to me is, they made these moves KNOWING that the free agency market was going to be rough for them. No one was going to want to sign here.

So they went the trade route, added talent against talent's will... And now it doesn't look so bad. 

Lol

For Taylor the other option was driving a brown delivery truck.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Lol

For Taylor the other option was driving a brown delivery truck.

WSS

Not sure what you mean, Steve... I mean, Taylor isn't great by any means, but he's a legit option as a bridge guy or safety net if the QB you draft wins the job and needs an experienced backup. 

Aside from a 40-year old McCown, I don't know who else would have come here in that same capacity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2018 at 9:40 PM, PoeticG said:

Why wouldn't he be able to run between the tackles? Are you listening to yourself? There is nothing physically possible on a football field that Barkley could not do. Do you even know who Saquon is? He is capable of doing anything. That middle of the field should be wide open for him to run through to with DBs and LB having to cover the whole field. 

This is gonna rock n roll! 

The Rock n Roll Hall of Pain! 

Home of the 2020 NFL Draft and Superbowl Champions!

Dude. The buckeyes shut Barkley down. I don't even want to see him play vs an NFL defense. Not in a browns jersy anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

Not sure what you mean, Steve... I mean, Taylor isn't great by any means, but he's a legit option as a bridge guy or safety net if the QB you draft wins the job and needs an experienced backup. 

Aside from a 40-year old McCown, I don't know who else would have come here in that same capacity. 

Just saying if he's so wonderful seems like Buffalo would have decided to spend some of their draft picks on building a team around him. They were pretty happy to be shed of him.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Good post, I'm slowly wanting to the idea. I still find it odd we had to give pick 65 for him though on a one year contract. That pick was a nudge away from the 2nd round. 

Thanks!   I gotta admit it took me an exhale or 2 before I looked at what Dorsey and Co was up against.  All the possible FA QBs were already being pursued by teams at the combines so our FO was aware of who those players/agents limited their availability to.  Furthermore, most people outside of our FO didn't think Landry coming here was anything more than wishful thinking by Cleveland fans only.

When I get frustrated - I get closed minded.   That being the case, if I see someone else frustrated - I'll try to give them another way to look at it.

You're right about where the pick is but it is a starting QB that went 8-6 in the games he started last year.  The 1 head scratcher I have is we traded away a 1st round pick (Shelton) for a NE 3rd round pick next year while we're also giving them a 5th round pick this year.  Considering how often NE plays in the Superbowl/AFC Championship - their 3rd round pick is prolly as close to a 4th round pick as it gets.  I GET that Shelton may not be compatible for Williams' scheme moving forward; but he tied up 2 blockers enough to keep our Pro Bowl MLB blocker free against the point of attack. Meanwhile guys that played the other DT spot Meder and Coley were productive. Prior to getting injured, PFF ranked Meder in the top 5 against the run. It's tough to knock what Dorsey is doing - but NE is getting one of the only 1st round picks that panned out here plus a 5th while we're just getting something close to round 4 value in exchange.

All that said, does this mean we're going QB first overall and going after Chubb at #4?   This might mean we're looking at kicking Ogbah inside at times and/or we're going to try to sign a FA DT.   Who knows but I get the impression the experienced FO has sound reasoning behind every move they make.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flugel said:

All that said, does this mean we're going QB first overall and going after Chubb at #4?   This might mean we're looking at kicking Ogbah inside at times and/or we're going to try to sign a FA DT.   Who knows but I get the impression the experienced FO has sound reasoning behind every move they make.  

That's what it looks like to me.  Also follows what Dorsey said about where he values positions.  QB 1.  Edge rusher 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jcam222 said:

So generally we are all aware that a turnip with feet was an improvement on Kizer. That doesn't make some of us jump for joy over Tyrod man. You can tell me all day long he doesn't turn the ball over but he doesn't do much positive either. 25th last year in both passing TD's and passing yards. 37th in yards per game. Brings around 20 total TD's to the table between rushing and passing. I am trying to get some enthusiasm but the stats and his performance make it pretty damn hard. 

Depending on what rookie we choose - their level of smarts, accuracy and prep may determine how long this vet starts (ie: like Russell Wilson made himself the year Seattle thought they had at least a stop-gap with their 26 million $ commitment to FA Matt Flynn.  Just try to remember what TyTay is supposed to be a stop-gap other FA QBs don't want to be.  While Seattle got Wilson in round 3 - we have our pick of the litter at #1.

Anyway, turnovers inside the red zone KILLED us against some opponents we could have beaten, while Taylor game managed an 8-6 record.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe our first pick is qb - Josh Allen. Allen can learn the game for a year, while Taylor plays the Browns into several wins.

or maybe it will be Chubb and Mayfield ! LOL

It it's a "passing league"... I don't see Barkley - more like a qb, and pass rusher. Chubb would be awesome. Significant drop off after him.

or, more badly needed, Minkah at four. Pass rush doesn't help when the opposing qb can flip the ball in one second to a

wide open receiver/TE anytime, while laughing. Or, the Browns new db can go to fs, and they can get Chubb, and get their cb(s) in later rounds - it's a great cb draft I think. This upcoming draft is going to be an exciting event.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2018 at 8:08 PM, Louisville Slugger said:

What if we can land Barkley the next 2 picks get auctioned off for QBs we land Chubb at 4 and land Lamar Jackson at #33. That would make my year

And utterly destroy just about everyone else's.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2018 at 8:33 PM, Comeonman said:

I’m not sure what we’d do without you Poe

Here is the good thing.....when we talk about Poe in the future....it may actually be in reference to a good football player and not sychopant message board poster.

With the potential FA signing of Dontari Poe....now that Shelton is gone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2018 at 11:08 AM, nickers said:

As Ghoulie would say.. Another Black Tarkenton :P

You mean Taylor is to take the Browns to 3 Super Bowls....and be inducted into the Hall of Fame?  Like Tarkenton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Just saying if he's so wonderful seems like Buffalo would have decided to spend some of their draft picks on building a team around him. They were pretty happy to be shed of him.

WSS

Yes, so....what is your point?    He was good enough to take the Bills to the playoffs last year.   And they had gone longer than the Browns without making the playoffs.   Taylor is not the QB of the future for this team.  He is the bridge QB.  Who else do you think would have been far better at that job? 

The only other candidates I see out there were Josh McCown or Sam Bradford.   Cousin? No...wants long term.  McCarron?  No...wants long term...and any guy Hue was slobbering over, quite frankly, is a guy I don't really want.  Keenum...also wants long term.  

Ryan Fitzpatrick?  Beyond the fact that he is Irish....how would he have been better than Taylor?

Who would your preferred candidate have been?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2018 at 10:51 AM, nickers said:

Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

Would you rather have Kizer? A geriatric McCown? A question mark McCarron? Made of glass Bradford? This was probably the best move we could have made...   

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I believe our first pick is qb - Josh Allen. Allen can learn the game for a year, while Taylor plays the Browns into several wins.

or maybe it will be Chubb and Mayfield ! LOL

It it's a "passing league"... I don't see Barkley - more like a qb, and pass rusher. Chubb would be awesome. Significant drop off after him.

or, more badly needed, Minkah at four. Pass rush doesn't help when the opposing qb can flip the ball in one second to a

wide open receiver/TE anytime, while laughing. Or, the Browns new db can go to fs, and they can get Chubb, and get their cb(s) in later rounds - it's a great cb draft I think. This upcoming draft is going to be an exciting event.

 

I repeat from another thread:    why would we take a guy who has almost the exact same skill set, and issues as the guy we just traded away. Now, maybe all clones don't look exactly alike, but they do all have he same DNA.

Orphan-Black.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Would you rather have Kizer? A geriatric McCown? A question mark McCarron? Made of glass Bradford? This was probably the best move we could have made...   

Yes.. Id rather have a guy who actually knows the personell around here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You mean Taylor is to take the Browns to 3 Super Bowls....and be inducted into the Hall of Fame?  Like Tarkenton?

Umm no just a facsimile.. A run first QB who is destined to get his A$$ kicked!.... I'll wager to say he doesn't last 6 games...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nickers said:

Umm no just a facsimile.. A run first QB who is destined to get his A$$ kicked!.... I'll wager to say he doesn't last 6 games...

Then why call him Black Tarkenton?    You don't have to be a Glommie knob Gobbler.....come up with your own creative Schtick. 

And why would he not last 6 games?   Again, he was good enough to take a team to the playoffs last year.   Do you predict injury....or do you predict that whatever rookie we draft will show such quality that he will be inserted after 6 games?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Then why call him Black Tarkenton?    You don't have to be a Glommie knob Gobbler.....come up with your own creative Schtick. 

And why would he not last 6 games?   Again, he was good enough to take a team to the playoffs last year.   Do you predict injury....or do you predict that whatever rookie we draft will show such quality that he will be inserted after 6 games?  

I believe one or the other will happen of course depending on who we select at QB.. And how well he can digest a playbook.. Again.. if he keeps running around back there (TT).. He's gonna get nailed in our division wich is pretty damn physical when your facing the likes of the Ravens,Stools and Bungles on D... That's a load...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

repeat from another thread:    why would we take a guy who has almost the exact same skill set, and issues as the guy we just traded away. Now, maybe all clones don't look exactly alike, but they do all have he same DNA.

your question is based on a faulty premise. Kizer was a one read wonder most of the time, nearly all the time. He was known for dropping his eyes when the pocket got a bit tight. He was known for "WTF" was he thinking bad decisions most games. Wanted wide open windows, only looks at one part of the field on most all plays.... etc etc etc etc etc.

   Allen is way, way past that - those are not his weaknesses at all. Therefore, the difference is huge - Allen has the qualities and abilities that Kizer does not. Josh Allen was asked to read the entire field. Kizer never DID, because he doesn't see it, just can't do it. Allen did it all the time. Just ask his coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

your question is based on a faulty premise. Kizer was a one read wonder most of the time, nearly all the time. He was known for dropping his eyes when the pocket got a bit tight. He was known for "WTF" was he thinking bad decisions most games. Wanted wide open windows, only looks at one part of the field on most all plays.... etc etc etc etc etc.

   Allen is way, way past that - those are not his weaknesses at all. Therefore, the difference is huge - Allen has the qualities and abilities that Kizer does not. Josh Allen was asked to read the entire field. Kizer never DID, because he doesn't see it, just can't do it. Allen did it all the time. Just ask his coach.

We'll know in about 6 weeks Cal. He's going to have to do a lot of convincing at his pro day and private workout to change some minds about being a top 10 pick. I didn't write this, but I sure agree with nfl.com's rating.  

"Likely be the biggest boom-or-bust quarterback prospect in the draft. Allen's size and arm talent are prototypical for early first-round picks, but it's rare to find a quarterback with such a low college completion rate become a successful pro. Allen's receivers struggled to separate, but there were plenty of times where his lack of anticipation and post-snap plan did him in. Allen can make some truly special throws, but his ability to improve the mental part of his game will determine whether he's a good NFL starter or just another big, strong-armed guy."

You say tomato, I say toe-ma-toe. You say boom-ato, I say bust-ato.  :)  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×