THE BROWNS BOARD

Tyrod Taylor A Brown

darren15

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I do think this trade does is it makes it more likely we wait to go qb at #4. For instance if we grabbed McCarron, we would have had to go first overall at a QB, because McCarron is no sure thing as even a bridge starter. Taylor is a safe 50/50 win QB. We know what we get, and we didn't have to give up a 2nd and a 3rd for him cough cough. 

Just now, Harry Buffalo said:

What I do think this trade does is it makes it more likely we wait to go qb at #4. For instance if we grabbed McCarron, we would have had to go first overall at a QB, because McCarron is no sure thing as even a bridge starter. Taylor is a safe 50/50 win QB. We know what we get, and we didn't have to give up a 2nd and a 3rd for him cough cough. 

Agree...looking more like Barklay at 1 now ...... I would still go QB at 1 but I dont have a say

pretty INTERESTING !

NOTE: Taylor is very much the exact same size as ...Mayfield.

NOTE:  Taylor is also very mobile and fast, extremely athletic. Like Allen.

NOTE: what the....LOL.

The draft just got more interesting.

53 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Now what if Bills offered both 21 and 22 for 4 so they can get a QB and we take our QB at 1 ?

Browns are allergic to #22,noooooooooo!

Somewhere Mudfly could be all :)'s on this deal..He called for it, 2 seasons ago...Bills players have always seemed to stand up for Tyrod as Bills QB & as a good locker room teammate..That has not happened around here since Couch/McCoy? Could go anywhere from here..(even Lamar Jackson:ph34r:)

16 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Somewhere Mudfly could be all :)'s on this deal..He called for it, 2 seasons ago...Bills players have always seemed to stand up for Tyrod as Bills QB & as a good locker room teammate..That has not happened around here since Couch/McCoy? Could go anywhere from here..(even Lamar Jackson:ph34r:)

What if we can land Barkley the next 2 picks get auctioned off for QBs we land Chubb at 4 and land Lamar Jackson at #33. That would make my year

16 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

What if we can land Barkley the next 2 picks get auctioned off for QBs we land Chubb at 4 and land Lamar Jackson at #33. That would make my year

First pick is a QB. No question about it. Barkley will not be the best RB in this class. No question about it 😎

:lol: It's Barkley #1. It always has been, always will be. It's our destiny my friend. ^_^

43 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

First pick is a QB. No question about it. Barkley will not be the best RB in this class. No question about it 😎

I like Rashaad Penny better myself, but the potential of Barkley is pretty enticing. I think Mayfield is the guy the front office wants. Dorsey has openly praised him and Mayfield was out first meeting.

Interestingly, this could set the browns up to take barkley #1. Darnold and Rosen are considered the top 2 qbs on the board. That would fall perfectly for the browns. Even if the Giants take or trade out (it would be for a qb), the cots would then either take chubb/nelson or trade out (would be for a qb), that would leave Allen and Mayfield who might be sitting on top of the Browns board. Allen has the most potential of all the qbs but he clearly needs to be developed. Mayfield is TT 2.0. This could be exactly what the browns want to do. Or maybe they love Jackson and they know they will just need to get ahead of Buffalo. so many options...

16 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I like Rashaad Penny better myself, but the potential of Barkley is pretty enticing. I think Mayfield is the guy the front office wants. Dorsey has openly praised him and Mayfield was out first meeting.

I do as well. I don’t think Barkley will be able to run between the tackles and get YAC. He couldn’t in college, why would I think he could do it in the pros. I threw up in my mouth thinking of Mayfield in the first round. 

9 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

I do as well. I don’t think Barkley will be able to run between the tackles and get YAC. He couldn’t in college, why would I think he could do it in the pros. I threw up in my mouth thinking of Mayfield in the first round. 

Why wouldn't he be able to run between the tackles? Are you listening to yourself? There is nothing physically possible on a football field that Barkley could not do. Do you even know who Saquon is? He is capable of doing anything. That middle of the field should be wide open for him to run through to with DBs and LB having to cover the whole field. 

This is gonna rock n roll! 

The Rock n Roll Hall of Pain! 

Home of the 2020 NFL Draft and Superbowl Champions!

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Curious move from the Bills’ perspective. They just ditched their starting QB for the last 3 years. I’m guessing they have something up their sleeve...

The Bills now have a ton of draft picks to move up if they so chose....  

26 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Why wouldn't he be able to run between the tackles? Are you listening to yourself? There is nothing physically possible on a football field that Barkley could not do. Do you even know who Saquon is? He is capable of doing anything. That middle of the field should be wide open for him to run through to with DBs and LB having to cover the whole field. 

This is gonna rock n roll! 

The Rock n Roll Hall of Pain! 

Home of the 2020 NFL Draft and Superbowl Champions!

According to Graham Barfield's charting, Penn State RB Saquon Barkley ranks the highest in three years in missed tackles forced per opportunity.
In that three year sample, Barfield states Barkley places second in Yards Created per Carry, first in Missed Tackles per Carry, first in Missed Tackles per Opportunity and second in Pass Protection Execution. That equals a rare prospect who fits exactly what the NFL is looking for now: a ball carrier who creates yards on his own as a runner and receiver. Now, Barkley does have wrinkles in the form of not sticking his head down and converting one or two yards when a lane is not created. No prospect is flawless, and Barkley's strengths are absurd. 

Archived