THE BROWNS BOARD

Tyrod Taylor A Brown

darren15

Browns might not be done today, either. The phone lines are open and active on a Friday late afternoon. New era of Browns football has begun. @gmfb @nflnetwork @NFLonFOX

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Link?

Browns strike again. This time, Cleveland agrees to trade a mid-round draft pick to Buffalo for QB Tyrod Taylor, source tells ESPN. Taylor now will throw to new Browns’ WR Jarvis Landry. And Buffalo back in QB market. More on SportsCenter now.

4 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

You are typically a voice of reason, talk me off the ledge on the Taylor for 65th pick in the draft. I just dont like it. 

Go look at tyrods efficiency numbers. His stats aren't going to be eye popping but he's consistently been a top 16 QB for several years in terms of qbr and things like turnovers. 

As I said this still doesn't change the major draft plans either. QB high, BPA at 4 and 2nd round.

8 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

This really just pissed all over my Landry joy. Talk about underwhelming!! I sure hope its a our 3rd string option. Id have gladly brought McCown back over Taylor. The 65th pick>?!>!>!>!>!>!?! OMG stupid as hell. 

oh Shmucking calm down we have a load of picks and who else would u want ? McCarron has played what 6 games ?  Bradford is allways hurt Bridgewater may never be the same were not getting cousins so what other option do you see as a better move 

2 minutes ago, syd said:

oh Shmucking calm down we have a load of picks and who else would u want ? McCarron has played what 6 games ?  Bradford is allways hurt Bridgewater may never be the same were not getting cousins so what other option do you see as a better move 

well let me start that list , Bradford , McCarron, Bridgewater, Keenam, McCown, Elmer Fudd, Bugs Bunny , pretty much anything with a beating heart not named Tyrod Taylor. LOL I think most of you are so high on endorphins from the Landry deal its affecting your ability to realize just how mediocre this move is. 

Hey I am all in though, just means we need a rookie who can start sooner rather than later. 

2 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

well let me start that list , Bradford , McCarron, Bridgewater, Keenam, McCown, Elmer Fudd, Bugs Bunny , pretty much anything with a beating heart not named Tyrod Taylor. LOL I think most of you are so high on endorphins from the Landry deal its affecting your ability to realize just how mediocre this move is. 

Hey I am all in though, just means we need a rookie who can start sooner rather than later. 

Darnold at #1 and thank god for once we will not have to throw him to the wolves 

Keenum is going to the Vikes or Denver, he wont be available., Bradford cant stay healthy, McCown probably stays with the Jets and Bridgewater is an unknown. Whoever was starting week 1 was going to be a bridge QB. AJ has hardly seen the field. I am not big on Taylor but he doesn't turn the ball over and can move an offense. Guarantee you we win a few games last year without all the turn overs. You get an experienced starter who took his team to the playoffs last year mind you, for at least a year.

Just now, runyon27 said:

Keenum is going to the Vikes or Denver, he wont be available., Bradford cant stay healthy, McCown probably stays with the Jets and Bridgewater is an unknown. Whoever was starting week 1 was going to be a bridge QB. AJ has hardly seen the field. I am not big on Taylor but he doesn't turn the ball over and can move an offense. Guarantee you we win a few games last year without all the turn overs. You get an experienced starter who took his team to the playoffs last year mind you, for at least a year.

I remember we were talking about Taylor last year and how ghoolie ripped on the idea HA HA bet he has a heart attack now

Just now, syd said:

I remember we were talking about Taylor last year and how ghoolie ripped on the idea HA HA bet he has a heart attack now

Why should it bother a Steeler fan

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

One read wonder... maybe a little more at times but not seeing the value or much of an upgrade over kizer 

Edit: unless Haley plans to supplement with more designed QB runs, RPO and option 

The upgrade over Kizer is he doesn't turn the ball over.  He threw 4 picks all year last year, thats a 2 game stretch for Kizer.

1 minute ago, runyon27 said:

The upgrade over Kizer is he doesn't turn the ball over.  He threw 4 picks all year last year, thats a 2 game stretch for Kizer.

Fair point. Also helps that his coaches actively designed games to throw the ball less with him at QB.  Hard to turn the ball over when not given the opportunity. 

Archived