THE BROWNS BOARD

Landry is Ours

Kvoethe

5 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Maybe this makes us a more intereting landing spot for a Cousins or one of the other free agents QBs. If we get the QB position right, whether we do it in free agency or draft, we could really make some noise next year

Exactly ! It also keeps the ratibirds from getting a lot better on offense, while giving us a big boost.

I still think we draft a wr in the second round. Landry is the Dolphin's slot receiver, and we need a bigger target wr on the outside. Coleman can be traded/let go, doesn't matter.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Landry

Gordon

Coleman

Higgins

And others .......... is WR a need in the draft now ?

Well can't really trust that Gordon is a Brown two years from now, and Coleman hasn't shown much, so yes .. but not a Top 4 pick need.

This is a great pick-up,  just what we needed. Gordon will be getting open now and Coleman can move to the slot.

Add Barkley and Cousins....

Hell, Barkley, Sam Bradford and our choice of qb at #4 ...

Zombo

Ian Rappaport tweeted Landry wanted to come here because 1) We can redo his deal 2) Browns have a QB...........and they will

Is he just alluding to our draft picks or is a QB deal in the works??? hmmmm

I would like to see us trade Coleman, pass on Pryor and pick up Donte Montcrief to add to Gordon / Landry

44 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Well can't really trust that Gordon is a Brown two years from now, and Coleman hasn't shown much, so yes .. but not a Top 4 pick need.

This is a great pick-up,  just what we needed. Gordon will be getting open now and Coleman can move to the slot.

Zombo

Looks like Landry and Coleman are listed as the same height, but Landry must be stockier with about 20 more lbs than Coleman. Not sure you make Coleman the slot when Landry has had so much success there.

Looked up 40 yd dash times. Landry 4.77, and Coleman 4.37. 

57 minutes ago, darren15 said:

The #Browns assume the $16M, one-year contract for Jarvis Landry, and the two sides have not included a long-term extension as part of this deal. They will likely talk, but Landry could also simply play on the 1-year deal, see how Todd Haley uses him, and cash in next offseason

They wouldn't have traded for him without the idea of getting a deal done. It'll happen soon

I remember this now!

Yeah, he's legit.  

On 3/8/2018 at 8:20 PM, Canton Mike said:

I'm no gambler, but I bet we "land" Landry. Pay the man & give 'em Corey Coleman (still on his rookie deal) & our 4th round pick.

Mike 

We pegged it Mike, 4th and a throw away 7th next year....   didn't even have to unload Coleman in the deal.  

2 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

Gordon on one side, Landry in the slot, and coleman on the other side. That's a pretty good core. i can see the WR meeting room now, "Corey, just run a go route or a skinny post...we will handle the rest..." as Gordon and landry giggle away

Add Kirk to this mix nd it could be quite a show to watch. NE always has a bunch of this kind of receivers.

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

Well Z, I have to apologize. A bunch of us were up in arms when we traded Andy Lee to the Panthers for a 4th round pick.  Don't think there'd be much grief around here trading Lee and a future 7th for Jarvis Landry. :lol:

Not looking at what we exchanged, I like this trade. And it makes a lot of sense with the Taylor trade and the offensive players we have.

Our best assets in offense are Johnson, a promising pair of TEs and Gordon. All of them can work the middle in short-intermediate throws, being Gordon (and maybe Njoku) the only deep threats in the roster. Adding Landry makes us not rely on a doubtful Coleman and leaves Gordon as a deep threat. Also, Landry has some entity to take a lot of attention from Gordon.

We add Taylor, who's not fantastic but can run an easy 1-2 read offense and run for some yards, and next we see is a short passing offense, that tries to keep possesion at the same time that can throw deep at times. 

Now we need a RB that can mantain a big workload and gain yards after contact. 

Good news: this doesn't look like an offense Hue would run, so let's hope Haley is in charge and can work on his own.

Hate the picks we’ve given up. Duke Johnson can do anything Landry can do.  

Landry the first WR in NFL history to have 100 receptions and less than 1000 yards. And he doesn’t score TD’s. 

This is ugly. 

Just read we essentially have Landry as a one year rental because if he doesn’t produce we let him walk and will get our pick back via compensatory picks. 

That’s made me feel better. 

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Just read we essentially have Landry as a one year rental because if he doesn’t produce we let him walk and will get our pick back via compensatory picks. 

That’s made me feel better. 

You got a link for that bit of info about the compensatory pick? I poked around and couldn’t find it.

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Hate the picks we’ve given up. Duke Johnson can do anything Landry can do.  

Landry the first WR in NFL history to have 100 receptions and less than 1000 yards. And he doesn’t score TD’s. 

This is ugly. 

If Sashi had done this you would be touting his genius. Also Duke =\= Landry. I know you just understand the numbers but Landry getting that many catches but with a limited amount of yards has a lot to do with play design, protection,  and who is throwing the ball. 

But we all know Sashi would have traded a third for four 7th rounders and a half eaten sandwich. Right now he is trading his Mercedes for three Honda Civics that don’t have engines.

26 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

We already have a Sashi disciple comparing Landry to Duke haha.

You can’t have a conversation without being an pooper about it. I have my opinions and you have yours. I’ll get on with my day without being angry at someone over the Internet for disagreeing with me. 

Archived