THE BROWNS BOARD

Rock n Roll Pilgrimage

If you were to go on a Rock n Roll Pilgrimage, where would you go? Some suggestions:

Cleveland, birthplace of Rock n Roll and Site of RRHOF
Memphis: Graceland, Sun Records
Liverpool, England: Situs of Beatles and British Invasion including the grounds of St. Peter's Church where Lennon and McCartney met...also site of Penny Lane

(have been to L-pool..and Penny Lane...but not the churchgrounds)
Seattle: to see the American Music Experience Museum
Detroit...to Motown, site of Hitsville USA museum
Bethel, NY...site of Woodstock Festival
London....to Abbey Road and the studios there

Paris....to the grave of Jim Morrison 
Jamaica...home of Bob Marley and reggae
Clear Lake, Iowa and the Surf Ballroom for the Day the Music Died
Paisley Park...Chanhassen Minn. home of Prince, now a Museum
Monterey Cal. County Fairgrounds. Site of Monterey Pop Festival
Asbury Park NJ....home of Springsteen, Bon Jovi et al
Apollo Theater, Harlem NYC...site of many R&B concerts
The Ed Sullivan Theater, NYC...The Beatles first US TV appearance...now home of Colbert Show
CBGB NYC...lots of Punk Action...not sure if still standing.
The Railway Hotel, Harrow, West London...where Pete Townshend first smashed his guitar
The Dakota, NYC...where Lennon was shot...and into Central Park across from there to the Imagine sign, and Strawberry Fields
The Hotel California...Todd Santos, Baja, Mexico. 
The Corner in Winslow Arizona

Where else? What have I missed?

Edit:  those in Bold are places I have been to

A few more suggestions have come to light from sources elsewhere:

The Crossroads,  Clarksdale Mississippi.  (Just DO NOT agree to anything there with strangers)

Muscle Shoals, Alabama...famous studio site

Rose Hill Cemetery, Macon Georgia.  Burial site of the Allman Bros...and apparently...also a place they used to hang around and write some of their songs

The Fillmore, San Francisco.  Apparently still going.  Also site of homes of the Grateful Dead and the Jefferson Airplane

The Elvis birth home, Tupelo, Mississipi

13 hours ago, Axe said:

Le Studio -- Morin Heights.. Anyone that's anyone has recorded there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Studio

I've been there.  I stood exactly where Neil Peart sat to play drums on "Tom Sawyer"

Flying Baron Estates -- Leesburg Fl

http://www.rockandrollgps.com/randy-rhoads-plane-crash-location/

Been there as well :(

These are fairly esoteric.

Yes, we were at Le Studio last October. They've had a fire but we met the owner (who couldn't have been more accommodating) and he told us about the rebuild plans and gave us the $2 tour ;)

Us out behind the studio by the lake

62552c_fc111cfe09264afabdc8e59f3ae1e900~

The property in Flying Baron Estates is now a bus terminal of sorts I believe and I don't think there is any reference what so ever as to what transpired there anymore. They are trying to escape the notoriety and the traffic.  Kinda like where Princess Diana died in Paris. We went past it 4-5 times before a driver told us exactly which column they hit.. No marking at all there..

if you are gonna do seattle  JIMI'S grave is just south of their in redlend also the capitol hill block party or bumpershoot festivals have good line up's or even better yet go to KEXP studios (look em up on you tube) they have great shows

13 hours ago, syd said:

if you are gonna do seattle  JIMI'S grave is just south of their in redlend also the capitol hill block party or bumpershoot festivals have good line up's or even better yet go to KEXP studios (look em up on you tube) they have great shows

Have you been to the AME?    I have not been into it....but have seen it from the front of the street...plus from above....as it basically sits right below the Space Needle.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Have you been to the AME?    I have not been into it....but have seen it from the front of the street...plus from above....as it basically sits right below the Space Needle.

surprisingly no i have not cause the KEXP studios are right around the corner also Bumpershoot Festival is held near it also

Archived