THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agency Frenzy

darren15

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/13/2018 at 9:49 AM, The Gipper said:

..if Trubisky were in this draft....he would be pretty much the consensus #1 QB to take.

:blink:

What? Even ahead of Mason Rudolph?

:)

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Isn't he a Michifook man.....that Woody was all up in his bunghole?

He went to Michigan State.

I have a begrudging respect for the Spartans - they are the only people who hate TTUN as much as Buckeyes. 

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Why haven't we brought Suh in yet?

Because he has instructed his agent to take the biggest deal and has already proved that once he gets paid his play declines?

Suh is still a monster. His play hasn't dropped at all. His best year for tackles was in 2016. He's going to get you 5-6 sacks a season and a ton of pressures. 

I know he's looking for a big payday and I say give it to him. A 3 year deal worth 15 mil per seems like a solid investment to me

26 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Steelers add killer B's to their D.

Morgan Burnett and Jon Bostic should make the Steelers a top 5 D again.

Don't know about that....but  Burnett will almost certainly be an upgrade for that defensive backfield.  A number of people here advocated to bring him into the Browns.  

Bostic?   JAG.    But you needed a body to replace Shazier.

1 hour ago, StinkHole said:

Steelers add killer B's to their D. Morgan Burnett and Jon Bostic should make the Steelers a top 5 D again.

Again? So you admit you haven't been?

The end times must be near...

42 minutes ago, darren15 said:

He's #10 on their list. Some very interesting names there.

Hhttp://nfltraderumors.co/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-list/

On 3/20/2018 at 7:27 PM, Louisville Slugger said:

Why haven't we brought Suh in yet? Pay the man. Line him up with Garrett, Chubb, Ogunjobi. Then have Ogbah, Brantley, Coley, Nassib coming off the bench. We would have one of the top defenses in the league. 

On 3/20/2018 at 10:47 PM, Louisville Slugger said:

Suh is still a monster. His play hasn't dropped at all. His best year for tackles was in 2016. He's going to get you 5-6 sacks a season and a ton of pressures. 

I know he's looking for a big payday and I say give it to him. A 3 year deal worth 15 mil per seems like a solid investment to me

He's also 31, & not interested in playing for a rebuilding team. Did he turn Miami into a Super Bowl contender? No, but he sure ate up a bunch of their cap. His visits to the Rams, Saints, and Titans tells me now that he's cashed in on the ridiculous deal the Dolphins gave him- next up is chasing a ring with a playoff team.  

Another one of those "he's out there, sign him" ideas that isn't happening. Chubb on a rookie deal won't cost 1\10 of Suh's contract. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

He's also 31, & not interested in playing for a rebuilding team. Did he turn Miami into a Super Bowl contender? No, but he sure ate up a bunch of their cap. His visits to the Rams, Saints, and Titans tells me now that he's cashed in on the ridiculous deal the Dolphins gave him- next up is chasing a ring with a playoff team.  

Another one of those "he's out there, sign him" ideas that isn't happening. Chubb on a rookie deal won't cost 1\10 of Suh's contract. 

The Fins signed Brock Assoiler today.

Super Bowl! 😂

WR Allen Hurns signs with Dallas 

2 years up to 12 million with incentives.

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Interesting DTackle situation there. 

lol... ya think?

SEA, AZ, and SF are all taking a second look at this Draft's OGs and Cs...

Still some FAs out there......that could possibly help the Browns.    Top Ten remaining per Walter Football:

1. DT  Jonathan Hankins  Age 26

2. S/CB  Kenny Vaccaro Age 27

3. ILB Navarro Bowman Age 30

4. FB  Zach Line  Age 29

5. S Eric Reid  age 26

6. S  Tre Boston  age 25

7.. S Tyvon Branch  age 31

8. ILB Jerrelll Freeman  age 32

9. FB Anthony Sherman  age 29

10. NT Bennie Logan age 28

A lot of DBs ....wonder why?  

Other names:

Dominic Rodgers-Cromartie DB

Nick Fairley   DT

DeMarco Murray  RB

Junior Gallette  DE/OLB 

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Which ones "could possibly" help?

Feels like it's pretty much over pending Draft results, OTAs and camp.

Question:    Would Hankins be an upgrade over  Shelton?   Does Hankins fit in the 4-3, unlike Shelton, apparently.  Only age 26.

And: Would not one or two of these  young safeties be better perhaps than what we could get in the draft?  Or even a corner?

Archived