THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agency Frenzy

darren15

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per CBS sports.....the Browns have signed  3 of the Top  50 available FAs so far:

#29 TJ Carrie CB

#39 OT  Chris Hubbard

#48 RB Carlos Hyde

Also....according to the same source, there are still 11 of the Top 50 FAs who have not yet been signed:

#11 DT Sheldon Richardson

#16 OT/OG Justin Pugh

#18 CB Rashaan Melvin

#19 S  Morgan Burnett

#25 OC Ryan Jensen

#26 LB Navarro Bowman

#27 S  Kenny Vaccaro

#28 S Eric Reid

#30 OG Jack Mewhort

#32 CB Tre Boston

#36 CB Eric Gaines

So Should the Browns make a move on any of these?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Per CBS sports.....the Browns have signed  3 of the Top  50 available FAs so far:

#29 TJ Carrie CB

#39 OT  Chris Hubbard

#48 RB Carlos Hyde

Also....according to the same source, there are still 11 of the Top 50 FAs who have not yet been signed:

#11 DT Sheldon Richardson

#16 OT/OG Justin Pugh

#18 CB Rashaan Melvin

#19 S  Morgan Burnett

#25 OC Ryan Jensen

#26 LB Navarro Bowman

#27 S  Kenny Vaccaro

#28 S Eric Reid

#30 OG Jack Mewhort

#32 CB Tre Boston

#36 CB Eric Gaines

I'd definitely check out Melvin. 17th highest ranked CB by PFF last year. 

Fuycksticks in B-more Get   Michael Crabtree:

More

Former Raiders’ WR Michael Crabtree reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens, per source.

Also:

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
FollowFollow @AdamSchefter
More

CB Rashaan Melvin and Raiders reached agreement on a one-year, $6.5 million deal, per source.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

#29 TJ Carrie CB

#39 OT  Chris Hubbard

#48 RB Carlos Hyde

#11 DT Sheldon Richardson    To Vikings

#16 OT/OG Justin Pugh

#18 CB Rashaan Melvin To Raiders

#19 S  Morgan Burnett

#25 OC Ryan Jensen

#26 LB Navarro Bowman

#27 S  Kenny Vaccaro

#28 S Eric Reid

#30 OG Jack Mewhort

#32 CB Tre Boston

#36 CB Eric Gaines

Honey Badger signs with Texans.1 year deal 7M:huh:. Danny Woodhead retires. Pats add DE Adrian Clayborn but imo Dorsey should jump on a 29 year old DE/DL Vinny Curry cut by Philly refusing pay cut before $5M bonus kicked in..no guarantees B.Chubb gets to #4,Dorsey..

12 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Honey Badger signs with Texans.1 year deal 7M:huh:. Danny Woodhead retires. Pats add DE Adrian Clayborn but imo Dorsey should jump on a 29 year old DE/DL Vinny Curry cut by Philly refusing pay cut before $5M bonus kicked in..no guarantees B.Chubb gets to #4,Dorsey..

Easier solution is Chubb #1 if there is no clear cut winner in the QB sweepstakes.

Or pay the $$ and bring in Suh.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921181/article/ndamukong-suhs-fits-in-nfl-free-agency-colts-browns-top-list

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Easier solution is Chubb #1 if there is no clear cut winner in the QB sweepstakes.

can't say Chubb is the next Mario Williams?  https://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-football/2017/7/30/16063014/best-d-line-in-wolfpack-history-nc-state-football  Actually most NC State fans like myself were disappointed as a pre-ranked #5 DL lead by Chubb,K.Street & BJ Hill ended up way down here at #58 Just ahead of Toledo at #59..lot'a yards given..  https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p2  (off topic yes..but for d' luv of C-town-get #1 right John Dorsey)

14 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Coates received more press today than the whole time he was on the Browns 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 

what a turd he was 💩💩

We've had a lot of luck with those Auburn WRs over the years with Lawyer Tillman, Donte Stallworth, Rockhardo Hands Louis, and Coates. 

10 minutes ago, Flugel said:

We've had a lot of luck with those Auburn WRs over the years with Lawyer Tillman, Donte Stallworth, Rockhardo Hands Louis, and Coates. 

WR= Wide RECEIVER!!!

One of my main football "Bucket List" wishes is that my beloved Browns concentrate on TWO things in obtaining Wide Receivers.....Running good patterns & CATCHING the damn ball! This love affair with speed drives me nuts. It's like arm strength in a QB.....Neither means crap without the basics.

Mike

Flug now residing in Fla. Maybe needs to find another "IceCube"? Canton Mike. Maybe Cory Coleman needed to be drafted by the USFL at 5'7" 145lbs. from Frankfurt,Germany..Gerald "icecube"McNeil was a round 2 pick,#44.Do we got one of those? 

speed can't hurt, but man I love them 1983 shoulder pads :)..EDIT--Back to FA frenzy$$.Best OL left on board ranked #19 in top 100 FA's Justin Pugh goes to Zona on a 5 year $45M deal...fat'arss are worth 9M a year, not a bad life for full-time bad eaters.. 

13 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Flug now residing in Fla. Maybe needs to find another "IceCube"? Canton Mike. Maybe Cory Coleman needed to be drafted by the USFL at 5'7" 145lbs. from Frankfurt,Germany..Gerald "icecube"McNeil was a round 2 pick,#44.Do we got one of those? 

speed can't hurt, but man I love them 1983 shoulder pads :)

Great stuff Gumby!  If we put those same shoulder pads on Dennis Northcutt, he would have looked like that car on the Flintstones that fell over on its side.  When Ice Cube got on the field - he was an exciting guy to watch... 

Did I read that right - are you living in FL now are are you acknowledging I currently reside there? 

Who woulda think the biggest Division IA school would be Central Florida?   Coincidentally, they're the only undefeated major college football team in 2017 with a WR, TE, DE, a Shaquem Griffin that catches the football better than Corey Coleman.

59 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

WR= Wide RECEIVER!!!

One of my main football "Bucket List" wishes is that my beloved Browns concentrate on TWO things in obtaining Wide Receivers.....Running good patterns & CATCHING the damn ball! This love affair with speed drives me nuts. It's like arm strength in a QB.....Neither means crap without the basics.

Mike

Yeah what he said!  That would have taken me 20 paragraphs - can you imagine if I stuttered?

32 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Did I read that right - are you living in FL now are are you acknowledging I currently reside there? 

my 26 year, axe mother-in-law resides in a condo on a golf course in Orlando so she proberly works part-time  for Ice border patrol now so am good in NC..enjoy FLA without me but I did ride space mountain at Disneyland & space center before exiting...when the coast is clear I'll let ya know:ph34r:..(but am thinking of smuggling into to Tampa Bay by secret tunnel:o for game & am riding inside that damm Buccaneer Boat with live cannons if Miami Vice border patrol like it or not ;))  

On 3/17/2018 at 7:23 AM, gumby73 said:

Dorsey should jump on a 29 year old DE/DL Vinny Curry cut by Philly refusing pay cut before $5M bonus kicked in..no guarantees B.Chubb gets to #4,Dorsey..

Bummer..we better get a chubb;)..we are Marshall green, DE-Vinny Curry will no longer be strutting Philly green either..Vinnie Curry signs a 3 year deal in Tampa Bay guaranteeing $11M on a 23M deal that could reach 27M..Good Luck my can't be cousin Vinny...#hogswash EDIT- T.Pryor is working out in Seattle Sunday(may it rain sideways)

54 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Jeremy Hill 1 year deal with Patriots

Are we done in FA or is Dorsey planning another deal or 2 ?

Ask Mary Kay she knows everything about the Browns, oh wait seems every player she said the Browns were going after in FA , well none of them signed here!!!!

Per Walter Football.....these Top 40 overall Free Agents still out there:  Number is their ranking as a FA per Walter:

7. Morgan Burnett  DB

11. Ndamakong Suh DT

16. Jonathan Hankins DT

18. EJ Gains DB

23. Jack Mewhort  OG

26. Kenny Vaccaro   S

28. Navarro Bowman  LB

29. Zach  Line  CB

32. Darquez Dennard CB

34. Eric Reid   S

36. Tre Boston S

Archived