THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agency Frenzy

darren15

Lets post all free agency stuff in here ....... for other teams that is....Browns additions obviously deserve their own thread :) 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....the following players have recently been cut by there teams....and I believe we have concluded that teams do not have to wait until March 14 to sign them if they wish:

LB Aldon Smith  cut by Raiders

DE Derrick Shelby cut by Falcons

RB Jonathan Stewart cut by Panthers

LB Willie Young cut by Bears

DE  Muhammed Wilkerson  cut by Jets.

Any interest?

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well....the following players have recently been cut by there teams....and I believe we have concluded that teams do not have to wait until March 14 to sign them if they wish:

Any interest?

Wilkerson is a malcontent who had been a good player. Only one that mildly peaks my interest

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Only 5 players franchise tagged before the deadline today.

http://scores.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22667868/the-nfl-teams-used-franchise-tag-2018

Will Bell play...or will he do one of these BS holdouts where he skips training camp....just to show up for the regular season, when he realizes that  12 million is better that -0-?

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Will Bell play...or will he do one of these BS holdouts where he skips training camp....just to show up for the regular season, when he realizes that  12 million is better that -0-?

If his agent has a lick of sense he convinces him to take the money and try again next year.

On 3/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, The Gipper said:

Any interest?

The key word being cut.

Maybe an occasional good fit but with the BROWNS' 12 draft picks (at least for now) they might have a busy camp.

6 hours ago, syd said:

seahawks  are looking to let shermen go  if he passed a physical i would sign him

Sherman? Nah- pass. Two bum Achilles, and he's going to be 30 the end of this month.  A short term very expensive stopgap- at best. You for sure can't go on past performance if you sign him. It costs the Seahawks $2 million to cut him. He's due to make $11 million this year.  

5 hours ago, darren15 said:

Aqib Talib to the Rams

:) Thanks for the breaking news.  Fifth round pick? Pretty cheap. Wouldn't have fit our profile at 32 years old. Didn't realize until I looked it up- born in Cleveland.  What this trade positively screams is the Broncos are making a big play to get Cousins. 

Well, if the going rate for a guy like that is a fifth rounder, when I ring the Dolphins to try and get Jarvis Landry- I start by offering our low 4th rounder. We'll see how desperate the 'Fins are to clear cap space. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

What this trade positively screams is the Broncos are making a big play to get Cousins. 

Indeed it does and with Jets and Vikings clearly also in the mix, he is going to be paid a kings ransom!

God only knows what Aaron Rodgers will get next year

4 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Apparently Vikings have offered 4 years $91m ...all guaranteed .... whether that's true or not

At some point that will happen and then every player will want guaranteed contracts, I'm surprised it's taken this long

Sherman released ....him and Trumane Johnson please Browns ......shut down the pass..... probably end up with someone off the Jets practice squad

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sherman? Nah- pass. Two bum Achilles, and he's going to be 30 the end of this month.  A short term very expensive stopgap- at best. You for sure can't go on past performance if you sign him. It costs the Seahawks $2 million to cut him. He's due to make $11 million this year.  

seahawks are in a bit of a re build my understanding is that they are looking at what the saints did last year as far as Sherman hell yes bring him in and then draft Fitz at #4

EDIT: my guess is that he will end up in N.E

1 hour ago, syd said:

seahawks are in a bit of a re build my understanding is that they are looking at what the saints did last year as far as Sherman hell yes bring him in and then draft Fitz at #4

EDIT: my guess is that he will end up in N.E

If you bring him in, first definitely work him out, and have him run a 40 or two to make sure he hasn't lost a step (or two) because of those injuries. I'm betting he has, or Seattle wouldn't deem him expendable. 

Happens every time in the silly season. A big name hits the free agent market, and "bring him in". They get released for two reasons. They're either washed up, or not worth their contracts.

Archived