lambdo

Barkley at #1?

Just now, boo fagley said:

NY taking a QB at 2 would create a $hitstorm. Eli would have little chance to rebound.

Eli is not Brady, but he is a 2 time Super Bowl winner. Barkley would take so much pressure of Manning, but if they pass on Barkley the Colts have no RB. Frank Gore will not be resigned.

It may create a problem, for 1 or 2 years, and the rookie would sit. No team is going to be that loyal to a player when they are thinking about their future. Look what they did last year when they had no chance. They SHOULD think about their future.

And yes like I already said, Colts may very well need a RB. They also need a lot of other things, and COULD trade that pick or look at helping their porous defense. They aren't just a RB away. They get Barkley, they may score 1-2 TD more a game (that's A LOT), they would have to outscore opponents as their DEFENSE was a fair amount worse than Browns.

You failed to read ANYTHING beyond that paragraph apparently.

I guess I have to use other sport analogies. Even if I don't like him, best basketball player in the league. Lebron. Even having the best player, they arent the best team. If they had a top pick, should they pick the best athlete in draft even if it doesn't help them get over the top, when what they need is a PG? Or maybe your flavor is baseball, Mike Trout is best player, yet they don't make postseason, but should they draft another C.F. because he is best player in draft even those they need a SP. OR maybe you like hockey? I dont, but isn't Ovechkin supposed to be best player. They should draft another scorer, even though the reason they have never won is because they have a bad goalie?

The idea of ANY team sport isn't to have the PLAYER at a position, it's to have the best team. You may not have the best player at any position, but the right team. You have to figure out how to assemble the best team, and while Barkley may get you 2000 yards and 25 TD total, if you don't have the complementary pieces it's all for naught. While maybe another back gets you 1500 and 15 TDs while the other pieces are better, you could be in good position

11 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Brady didn't create ANY buzz before the draft. Brees was a 2nd rounder. Wilson didn't warrant even a 2nd. Mannings and Ben, yea maybe. Cam Newton created that buzz, so did RG3. And lets certainly not forget the freak coming in that was next big thing in Jamarcus Rusell. There was also real debate on 1st pick between Peyton and Ryan Leaf. If you think you can just spot a HOF before a snap in NFL, you are sadly mistaken, BUT how some have talked about Barkley, he is the pick for you. He is already 10 times better than Jim Brown according to posts on this board.

Wilson caught a break landing on a great defense and having a stud RB like Marshawn Lynch. 

There was definitely buzz about Ben and Manning. Ben played at Miami of Ohio and got attention. 

8 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

:lol: Ghoolie has not chimed on who he likes. Whoever the Browns pick wont be the guy. But if Ghoolie likes Rosen, avoid him at a cost like Paxton Lynch and Tribisky.

With Crowell gone the Browns have a vacancy at RB. To me, Barkley is the perfect compliment to Duke. Barkley ran a 4.41 40, great hands, size. Ive been calling for him at 1 for weeks only because none of the QBs are outstanding IMO.

Thanks Gunz

He has though in other threads. He said in one that Lamar Jackson is the guy you have to get. The Browns would be stupid if they didn't take him. Then in another thread he said Mayfield is the only pick. When called out about the change, well he was obviously joking about Jackson, and saying that what the dumb Browns would so. Then he said Barkley is the only choice for the Browns, and if they don't take him at 1, it will haunt them forever. 

The Browns should get Barkley, Mayfield, and Ridley. Have picks 1,2, and 5. Trade next year's 1st and Joe Thomas and Corey Coleman for 2. Remind you, those 2 are the worst players in the league to him, but to him the worst players are worth that?

But he certainly has said who they should draft.

Since the last one he said was Barkley, you still on that train for him?????? LOL

• Thanks 1

Just now, boo fagley said:

Wilson caught a break landing on a great defense and having a stud RB like Marshawn Lynch. 

There was definitely buzz about Ben and Manning. Ben played at Miami of Ohio and got attention. 

I said there was buzz for them. I think you need bi focals or something man lol

But there have been GREAT buzz for Leaf, Russell, RG3, etc- they didn't turn out to be HOF.

You see the point, whether there is buzz or not doesn't matter. Buzz doesn't make a football player. And certainly not a HOF. Or since you are in that draft, just as much buzz for Rivers as Eli and Ben, and he had a HOF RB, remind me as I'm drawing a blank, how many Super Bowls did they win?

In fact (now I am truly drawing a blank) who is the last great HOF caliber back to win a SB? Faulk maybe?

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I said there was buzz for them. I think you need bi focals or something man lol

But there have been GREAT buzz for Leaf, Russell, RG3, etc- they didn't turn out to be HOF.

You see the point, whether there is buzz or not doesn't matter. Buzz doesn't make a football player. And certainly not a HOF. Or since you are in that draft, just as much buzz for Rivers as Eli and Ben, and he had a HOF RB, remind me as I'm drawing a blank, how many Super Bowls did they win?

In fact (now I am truly drawing a blank) who is the last great HOF caliber back to win a SB? Faulk maybe?

Leaf could very well make the HOF. He has consistently played at high level for a number of season. Marino did not win a ring, but is in the HOF.

You might want to go back and review what you wrote Chief.

You said, "Buzz, yeah maybe" There was no maybe about it. Both Ben and Manning were highly touted and regarded as top flight QBs, NY moved up to get Manning. Rivers was on a team that went 14 - 2 coached by Marty. Kieding missed the winning FG for the win. I was there. No, Rivers has not won a ring, but you cant count SD out of making the post season since Rivers has been there.

The only player right now ready for the NFL is Barkley. All the QBs are projects. Take a project at 1 or take a project at 4.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

So....relating football to the game of Chess.   The QB = the Queen.  And the RB= the Knight.   We want to draft the Knight....and take any ol' Queen that falls to us.  :unsure:

Who is the King?

Barkley is the Queen your most valuable weapon.

X and Y WRs are the Bishops because they run crossing routs

Slot WR is the Kinight for curl routes.

Rooks the TEs because they block at the LOS and run seam routes.

The Pawns are the OL.

42 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

I'm willing to be bet either Michel or Penny will be better NFL backs than Saquon. 

Idk about  better.... but will he be better enough to warrant the #1 overall pick vs   our 2nd? Eh... probably not

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Leaf could very well make the HOF. He has consistently played at high level for a number of season. Marino did not win a ring, but is in the HOF.

You might want to go back and review what you wrote Chief.

You said, "Buzz, yeah maybe" There was no maybe about it. Both Ben and Manning were highly touted and regarded as top flight QBs, NY moved up to get Manning. Rivers was on a team that went 14 - 2 coached by Marty. Kieding missed the winning FG for the win. I was there. No, Rivers has not won a ring, but you cant count SD out of making the post season since Rivers has been there.

The only player right now ready for the NFL is Barkley. All the QBs are projects. Take a project at 1 or take a project at 4.

In what world do you live in where you think Ryan Leaf could very well make the Hall of Fame. Now I like you Boo, but that was stoopid

15 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Idk about  better.... but will he be better enough to warrant the #1 overall pick vs   our 2nd? Eh... probably not

yep. might as well get the best talent at the positions early that won't be as easily obtained in the mid to later rds

5 hours ago, boo fagley said:

HOF QBs have won 12 of the last 15 Super Bowls. Who is the HOF QB in this bunch? Not 1 guy is creating the buzz of a E Manning or a Ben or a Brees when they were drafted.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There's some corners thinking this QB class could be a replay of 1983. Like at least four, and maybe 5-6 going in the first round? Just have to find the right one. 

On 3/3/2018 at 8:35 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Barkley wasn't even a better college RB than Ezekiel Elliot, but now he's a "generational" talent.

Zeke was/is a freak.

Barkley, eh, #1 eh, sounds good but probably no. I still like the R1 DE DB picks but I don't want to be tarred and feathered and run out of town. :lol:

Better get used to the BROWNS on the clock......"with the first pick in the 2018 NFL Draft select from XYZ University QB"........

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There's some corners thinking this QB class could be a replay of 1983. Like at least four, and maybe 5-6 going in the first round? Just have to find the right one. 

I doubt ir, not a single grade 7.5 or 8.0 QB in the whole class, IMHO.....and others also.1983 is a tough bunch to compare any QB draft with some 35 years later.

13 hours ago, jcam222 said:

For those of you saying no why? Is it because you are just against an RB at 1 or do you really think a QB solution has to be pick1??

I believe that an 0-16 team better be taking the best available athletes in R1 and R2 and save contender talk for 2019.

And in R1 with #1 and 4 neither spot deserves a QB or RB......(now comes the mob with the pitch forks and clubs :lol: ).

I don't think a running back can go #1 to a team like ours. We haven't gotten QB right in HOW many years, and now we can literally pick whichever one we want without ANY threat to miss out and we might take a running back? I don't think so. I look at Barkley as a terrific prospect who plays a luxury position. Is he the best RB coming out? Yeah, he probably is. Are there other RBs coming out who also look really good? You bet your azz. Just last season we had Kareem Hunt and Kamara drafted outside the first round and they were terrific. Let's get our QB at #1 and then the best defensive player available at #4 (Fitzpatrick or Chubb) and call it good for day 1. 

I really believe the best way to get our team competitive quickly is to build up our defense, especially our pass rush and secondary. Wouldn't it be nice if our young QB didn't have to continuously come back from 14 points in the first half? We also need to draft or sign defensive players who can force TURNOVERS. That's one of the most frustrating aspects of our team last year, in that we gave the ball away and hardly ever took it BACK. So many fans are talking about Darnold and it makes me just shake my head because that guy couldn't hold onto the ball in COLLEGE, so why would that change in the pros? Baker Mayfield took care of the ball and he hit guys in stride. That's what I want. Will Baker be ready right away? Seriously doubtful, as he has no experience throwing from under center and it's going to take him some time to get comfortable. That's why we're bringing in a veteran to start, hopefully someone who can take care of the ball, move the offense, and put us in good positions to win some games. 

7 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Who is the King?

Barkley is the Queen your most valuable weapon.

The King is useless (he would be Hue)

The queen is the most valuable piece on the chess board.....and for you that's a running back.  That's who you say is the most valuable person on the football field.  BUT, to the rest of the football world, it's the QB that's the most valuable.  

17 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The life of an NFL RB is limited. Drafting a QB at 1 gets you 15 years potentially of quality play. 

Fitzpatrick or Chubb at 4 with a RB in the early 2nd is a far better usage of the picks.

In Cleveland?

16 minutes ago, Orion said:

The King is useless (he would be Hue)

The queen is the most valuable piece on the chess board.....and for you that's a running back.  That's who you say is the most valuable person on the football field.  BUT, to the rest of the football world, it's the QB that's the most valuable.  

The Queen can go anywhere on the board like a RB. The King stays back behind the Pawns.

The King is Josh Allen and the Queen Barkley.

7 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

In what world do you live in where you think Ryan Leaf could very well make the Hall of Fame. Now I like you Boo, but that was stoopid

I meant Phillip Rivers. 

There was draft talk about him from NC State.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Which is why you go QB at 4 and Barkley 1.

The rookie QB should not play unless there is no other option. Yoo thought Kizer looked ready to go and he might be ruined forever.

12 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I'm not of the opinion that Barkley is bad, in fact I think he CAN be really good. But in what you propose here, everything would have to work out all together.

I think Barkley is a fair bit better than the next best back, but that doesn't mean that you can't get close production later. His workout was GREAT, but there has also been other great workouts in past from players who didn't pan out. I think changing a view based on a workout would scare me a bit.

Another thing that would worry me is his inconsistency. Ohio State is the most like an NFL defense that he faced and he didn't perform great. Was that all his fault, NO,  but would still give me pause. Even these guys that "suck" or "bust" in the NFL were the best of the best in college, and the discrepancy between good and bad is small as compared to college.

But the thing that would worry me more than any other thing is settling for the 3rd best QB in your eyes. While all 3 could be good, average, or bad, when you have had bad player there for almost 20 years, and it being the most important position, you need to find your guy. And while different teams COULD have different guys at the top, and COULD have them all rated closely, I can't remember 3 being that close (And I could be wrong). What I do remember, is a few years ago that at different times, Goff, Wentz, and Lynch were all rated the best, and many were very surprised Lynch wasn't taken A LOT higher. Lynch was the 3rd taken, do you REALLY want the Browns to take that gamble where say Darnold is Goff (Pac 12), Allen is Wentz (smaller school) and Mayfield and Rosen are Lynch and Cook.

Again, I am not saying they shouldn't take Barkley, but there are certainly more things to consider more than him being able to score touchdowns and be a 3 down back.

Gunz, I was where you are all the way until Saturday.  At #1 overall, I've always been under the impression you have to get yourself someone that has emerged as the best player in the draft (unless a QB emerged as a clear cut #1 QB). We did it last year with Garrett and a consensus was fine with it right?  That said, we traded out of pick #12 so Houston could draft Watson who was great while he lasted.  Because he did NOT last neither did their brief bout of competing so we are now drafting 4th overall because of it.

THIS YEAR what QB has separated himself from the rest?   If we're being honest nobody did better than Josh Allen; and I cannot stand his accuracy issues when there's corners and pass rushers on the field or especially when he faced the better DI defenses.  I posted his catastrophic stats against the better competition in 2017.  So who else?  Darnold is so confident in himself - he's waiting?  Really? For those saying all we have to do is teach ball security - bad habits can be repeated so long they're perfected to the extent they never get corrected (see Kizer).   Rosen threw well.   Mayfield looked good.  Lamar Jackson was inconsistent.  Was there a big difference between the more hyped up QBs and Toledo's Logan Woodside, WKU's Mike White or Richmond's Kyle Lauletta (also Senior Bowl MVP)? Not as much as I wanted to see. Not that the combines are a tell-all; because again defenses challenging time to throw, mechanics and accuracy didn't show us the same Josh Allen at all unless 16 TD passes in a season dazzles one.  IMO, we've already had QBs exactly like Josh Allen (DA, Weeden and Kizer). 

I didn't make Barkley the #1 rated player PRIOR to the combines, not to be confused with the mock drafts.  Here's his stats before we even get to the combines punctuating them.  I think you'll see a big difference between his reception volume of 54 and Sony Michel's volume of 9 in 14-15 games to understand why he'll be a 3 down back. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/saquon-barkley-1.html

There's only 2 teams drafting between us and us at 1 and 4 with not 1 QB separating himself from the rest in a draft I can't ever remember so many equivalent QB prospects. If there was an Andrew Luck emerging, I'd be all in.  Even in that draft with Andrew Luck, do you know what QBs became better than the 1st round QBs like RG3, Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden?   Russell Wilson and Kirk Cousins (about to be paid serious cake). Back to my question, was there a BIG difference between the perceived 1st round QBs and the Logan Woodsides, Mike Allens, and Lyle Laulettas?  Not as much as I hoped to see.  Every fave I have or had - has some serious things I worry about. That being the case, I'm way more okay with the worst case scenario of taking the 3rd QB off the board in this draft class.  Keep in mind, if we WANT a FA QB interested - it might be a good idea to tell him we're drafting Barkley 1st. People are acting like I'm saying I want to wait until round 3 or 4. No, just pick #4 where someone once chose Philip Rivers (over Ben Roethlisberger). The following QBs have been drafted long after pick#4 - Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Jimmy Garapollo, Big Ben, Nick Foles, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Dan Marino and Tom Brady just off the top of my head...  This might be a year a very good year to pick a QB at #4 overall just 3 picks after securing our very first scoring weapon in the starting lineup. 

20 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Which is why you go QB at 4 and Barkley 1.

The rookie QB should not play unless there is no other option. Yoo thought Kizer looked ready to go and he might be ruined forever.

Kizer might not be ruined forever -BUT- it's gotta knock the tar out of you getting pummeled every week and you are trying your best to win.....remember Couch, ouch!

On that 0-16 fiasco of a team hopefully he will or does know it wasn't all his fault.

15 hours ago, Nero said:

FFS. We are in a football forum, you guys are supposed to throw sh!t at each other when you disagree!

If we start acting like this, what will we end up like? Civilized men discussing and respecting each other? Yuck!!!

Need some privacy? Go to a motel!

:lol: Oh no you DITNT!  Okay how's this?  Your church would be so proud of you.

Why am I getting the feeling if I was in sales I'd be sleeping under bridges?   

11 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Even your buddy Ghoolie has said QB is most important position, and in one thread says Browns need Mayfield, another they need Jackson, and then says Barkley.

That's kind of a relief Gunzies.  If people think Po's man-crush on Barkley is scary, Ghoolie sounded like he wanted Paxton Lynch in Playgirl Magazine. My heebeegeebees were getting heebeegeebees.

1 minute ago, Flugel said:

That's kind of a relief Gunzies.  If people think Po's man-crush on Barkley is scary, Ghoolie sounded like he wanted Paxton Lynch in Playgirl Magazine. My heebeegeebees were getting heebeegeebees.

Yeah the ghool, the sports authority on Monday or is it Wednesday maybe it's Friday?  Oh well every class needs a clown. :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

It may create a problem, for 1 or 2 years, and the rookie would sit. No team is going to be that loyal to a player when they are thinking about their future. Look what they did last year when they had no chance. They SHOULD think about their future.

The Coach got fired for benching Manning.

And yes like I already said, Colts may very well need a RB. They also need a lot of other things, and COULD trade that pick or look at helping their porous defense. They aren't just a RB away. They get Barkley, they may score 1-2 TD more a game (that's A LOT), they would have to outscore opponents as their DEFENSE was a fair amount worse than Browns.

The Colts defense was 10th vs the run. Browns were 5th. Fair amount worse? Yeah, I guess so http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

The Colts run game was 24th in the NFL in 2017. Plus, they bad QB play. The Giants run game was ranked 29th. NYG or Indy will grab Barkley if the Browns pass. I reckon by your standards there Guns the Browns OFFENSE was a fair amount worse than the Giants http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff The only silver lining on the Browns offense was the 10th ranked run game and now Crowell is off to make his fortune.

Look at team efficiency and where the last 3 teams are drafting?  You take Barkley because he can help your offense the most right now http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

You failed to read ANYTHING beyond that paragraph apparently.

Sometimes it gets a little verbose.

I guess I have to use other sport analogies. Even if I don't like him, best basketball player in the league. Lebron. Even having the best player, they arent the best team. If they had a top pick, should they pick the best athlete in draft even if it doesn't help them get over the top, when what they need is a PG? Or maybe your flavor is baseball, Mike Trout is best player, yet they don't make postseason, but should they draft another C.F. because he is best player in draft even those they need a SP. OR maybe you like hockey? I dont, but isn't Ovechkin supposed to be best player. They should draft another scorer, even though the reason they have never won is because they have a bad goalie?

I love sports analogies. Who told you different?

I know that the Browns dont have a QB. They also need a RB who can make a difference like a Bell, Gurley, Hunt, Fournette - all 2017 playoff teams.

The Giants have a QB, but they need a RB with the 29th rush offense in 2017

The Colts have a QB assuming Luck is healthy, but they had the 24th rush offense in the NFL and now Gore is gone.

The idea of ANY team sport isn't to have the PLAYER at a position, it's to have the best team. You may not have the best player at any position, but the right team. You have to figure out how to assemble the best team, and while Barkley may get you 2000 yards and 25 TD total, if you don't have the complementary pieces it's all for naught. While maybe another back gets you 1500 and 15 TDs while the other pieces are better, you could be in good position

I am building the best team.

Barkley at 1 and youre set at RB for 4 years. QB at 4 and youre set at that position for the foreseeable future. Sign a Vet FA QB to take over this season while your rookie QB learns the game.

22 hours ago, Flugel said:

Okay loddies and lassies, top of the morning to yuz!  Watching the difference between top QB prospects become much less of a difference has me rethinking my way over to Barkley at #1.  Hear me out first; because all of this time I was right where Mark O was on the QB vrs Barkley debate only he articulated our argument way better than me. He'll still have things I agree on except the reality that even our favorite QBs have more things to worry about than Barkley has.  So, here goes the overcaffeinated world according to me:

If we don't start the run on QBs at #1 overall - isn't there still only 2 draft picks before we draft again at #4?   And how many weeks will this be after the team with the most money to spend on a FA QB does so?    And isn't it possible this is a unique year where 2-3 QBs can be very equivalent in what they offer because they all have some concerns?  Aside from that, when the 2 other teams pick before our 4th spot - what guarantee do we have they will take the 1 we are slightly favoring?  Whether I agree with the drool fest over Josh Allen or not - maybe it's a good thing he can throw the ball all the way to Canada just like Jamarcus Russell could.  He could be one of the QBs that goes before we pick at #4 because someone will be willing to forget he only threw 16 TD passes last year against a lesser brand of corner and pass rushers with pedestrian accuracy.  I know I know he LOVES football though.  All it takes is 1 team that doesn't care about short game accuracy and the tighter windows of red zones.  We've already gone the bionic arm route in lieu of accuracy with Weeden, Anderson and Kizer which are 3 very good reasons we still need a QB today right?   They LOVED football too before they realized their lack of accuracy in a world that requires fitting air tight windows in congested red zones them feeling like a McCoy surrounded by 65,000 Hatfields.  It's been like a never ending video to the song "You Lost that Loving Feeling..."

YES, Mayfield and Darnold are my not-so-perfect faves but much to my surprise Rosen (with a lot of help from SD Tom's persistence and media examples at the combines) got me to see him in ways I was previously unwilling to - closed some serious ground on both.  I don't give a rat what he said when he was 17 that has been so blow out of context to look like he just said those things 4-5 years later.  And when he questioned which sport he was better between his #1 ranking in tennis vrs his #1 QB ranking in Rivals and Scout - that's not a lack of love or passion for the sport he chose at 17.  It's probably something a lot of people would question. I also find it interesting that some of his previous critics at the football camp back before he was a senior in high school have made it a point to say he's a lot more mature today to the extent they've changed their opinion of him for the better.   The last Head Coach he had gave him far better reviews than Justin Gilbert's college Head Coach had for all healthy consumers.

So WHY have I about faced my opinion to take a RB first especially in a draft that is so deep at the position?  As I've looked at all of the RBs in the draft, a lot of them aren't going to be 3 down RBs in the NFL because they lack the 1 thing Barkley might be very underrated at.  Catching the football out of the backfield aside from his ideal size to handle a bigger work load. He had 54 receptions for 632 yards and 3 TDs to go with his 1200+ yards and 18 TDs on the ground aside from his kickoff returns for TDs.  If you're not impressed - you simply don't want to be. The only RB that resembles Barkley is SDSU's Rashaad Penny but there's no guarantees he's on our doorstep later in the draft.  Meanwhile, Sony Michel I thought was an ideal alternative only had 9 receptions in 14-15 games while his playing weight of about 215 lbs reminds us he'll stay a part time RB.

Barkley has better gears than Duke Johnson without the history of injury Duke had at the U - which ultimately made his NFL taker understand how much of a workload he'd handle best.  Right now, we don't have a scoring threat on the roster inclusive of the Josh Gordon who has only scored 1 TD in his only 10 starts since 2013.  Barkley is good for the passing game and our running game without us tipping off tendencies using 2 different guys all the time.  If you want to recruit the interest of a FA QB - you tell him you are going to give him Barkley like Polian equipped Peyton Manning with Marshall Faulk in his first NFL huddle and then Edge James thereafter.  When Faulk went to the Rams, a little known QB named Kurt Warner at 29 years of age enjoyed a RB that could bury the blitz with TD receptions all the way to a Pro Bowl and MVP caliber season punctuated with a Superbowl Championship.  For that matter, there's Dak Prescott WITH Zeke and WITHOUT Zeke - can you guess which version made him Rookie of the Year? 

In adding Barkley, we don't need to draft another RB. We get our Marshall Faulk that can score from anywhere on the field in the pass game or running game.  Meanwhile, as all the other teams are in those runs drafting RBs in this deep draft - this gets us looking at WRs and DBs and a dual purpose TE like Oklahoma's Mark Andrews.  We also have Free Agency and the most money to spend on some yes price tags we finally HAVE to compete for (rather than overpaying the Jamar Taylor we still need to upgrade causing us to double-dip anyway).  You get what you pay for and the unwillingness to compete for the better guys often causes desperate knee jerk overpayments on bums/has-beens like Dwayne Bowe and Kenny Brat. 

The biggest difference between Barkley and the first QB is every top QB we consider gives us at least 1-2 more concerns than Barkley does. The good news? There's only 2 picks between who we take at #1 and when we pick again. We're going to add QBs with as much money as we have for FA as well as up as high as #4 overall.  Barkley and these 2 QBs plus three 2nd round picks plus the 1st pick of round 3?

All this from a guy that was getting a huge kick out of the "Love PO tion #9" Springbreak girls gone wild caliber passion packed threads recruiting the testosterone to throw down and polarize.  IMO, this is a classic example of letting some things settle before racing to a final conclusion far before it's necessary.  My mind may change again but I'm enjoying the excitement of the opportunity this experienced FO (with proven success in the draft, free agency and trades) has in front of it. 

Took you long enough.

Welcome to Camp Barkley.

Zombo

• Upvote 1