(POLL) If You Could Only Pick One

JimboJones

If You Could Only Pick One  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Take?

• DE Bradley Chubb
    • RB Saquon Barkley
    • DB Minkah Fitzpatrick

It is a close call for me between the RB and S.  I guess I am really buying into the Barkley hype and the excitement he would bring to the Browns and their fans.  They need and deserve some excitement.

In a perfect world the Browns would get both of them.  But need will definitely override that.  If there weren't several safeties and CBs that I like in R2-4, I would definitely go with Fitz.  I know many feel just the opposite.  There just seems to be a plethora of experienced S and CB that can be had in FA, as well as each year in the draft.  Our new young QB could survive a season without a Fitzpatrick, but won't survive without a true stud at RB, and Barkley appears to be the surest to come out in a decade or two according to some knowledgeable pundits.

You've got the poll a little screwy. The fourth option is - "another QB". 

I'm not the only one that is opposed to taking a QB with question marks #1. The only person in the world that is unable to fathom a pick other than QB #1 is Mary Kay Cabot. 

Many want to see the RB #1 and a the QB #4. Or, RB #1 and CB #4. The RB being a true blue chip. The QB ...just another gamble. 

17 hours ago, PoeticG said:

You've got the poll a little screwy. The fourth option is - "another QB". 

I'm not the only one that is opposed to taking a QB with question marks #1. The only person in the world that is unable to fathom a pick other than QB #1 is Mary Kay Cabot. 

Many want to see the RB #1 and a the QB #4. Or, RB #1 and CB #4. The RB being a true blue chip. The QB ...just another gamble. 

They are all a gamble....including your lover Kijana Jr.

Mayfield at 1 and Fitzpatrick at 2 would be my top choices.  Darnold would be my guess at who the Browns will pick at #1 and I'd be happy with either of the 3 names you posted at #4. Secondary needs the most help right now and the talent drop-off from first round to second round talent is steeper for CBs/safeties than it is for RB this year, and with Orchard coming back (hopefully) healthy the Browns are stronger at DE than at other positions.

And at this time the jury is deadlocked 14 for Minkah, 13 for Chubb/Barkley.......looks like they will be here until April 26.:o

Amazed by the poll results. Saquon is a generational talent and game changer like we haven't had in the "new" Browns era. All this cowpoop about "RB value in the later rounds" is exactly that , cowpoop. Pure roll the dice speculation. Barkley is better than Zeke and changes our team instantly for the better. This team needs OFFENSE and via playmakers. I do not think Dorsey passes on the best player in the draft. lol cow poop huh, let's try bull-she-it

2 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Amazed by the poll results. Saquon is a generational talent and game changer like we haven't had in the "new" Browns era. All this cowpoop about "RB value in the later rounds" is exactly that , cowpoop. Pure roll the dice speculation. Barkley is better than Zeke and changes our team instantly for the better. This team needs OFFENSE and via playmakers. I do not think Dorsey passes on the best player in the draft. lol cow poop huh, let's try bull-she-it

horesiht my butt

hunt from kc

kammara from  N.O

Jorden from the bears

were all latter round picks 

4 hours ago, jcam222 said:

How can you say that Barkley is better than Zeke?   One has proven to be a great NFL talent, the other has never played an NFL game before.  Barkley might have the college stats and the size and speed and all that to potentially be a star in the NFL.  But so did Trent Richardson (easy example), there's no guarantees of anything in the draft.  There are a shit ton of RB's in this draft with the potential to be very good to great.  Potential being the key word because none of them have done anything in the NFL.

12 hours ago, Mark O said:

How can you say that Barkley is better than Zeke?   One has proven to be a great NFL talent, the other has never played an NFL game before.  Barkley might have the college stats and the size and speed and all that to potentially be a star in the NFL.  But so did Trent Richardson (easy example), there's no guarantees of anything in the draft.  There are a Sheet ton of RB's in this draft with the potential to be very good to great.  Potential being the key word because none of them have done anything in the NFL.

What did Barkley have against OSU?  Like 49 yards on 2.2 ypc?   

His talent may be generational......if he were a Mayfly.  There is a new generation of Mayflies every day:

Their life lasting only for 24 hours. Mayflies also called as 'one-day insects' because of their shortest life span. There are 2500 different species of mayflies in the world. In fact, some members of mayfly family die within few hours

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What did Barkley have against OSU?  Like 49 yards on 2.2 ypc?   

His talent may be generational......if he were a Mayfly.  There is a new generation of Mayflies every day:

Their life lasting only for 24 hours. Mayflies also called as 'one-day insects' because of their shortest life span. There are 2500 different species of mayflies in the world. In fact, some members of mayfly family die within few hours

Gip our resident entomologist  and part time football analyst. 

But it's true about running backs they take a beating in the brutal NFL (not for long) even with a decent OL and team. Is Barkley that rare top 5 RB pick? Better yet when will the BROWNS have two top 5 picks again? Don't say next year. :unsure:

Too bad the BROWNS might have to waste a pick on a QB. (Cue dead horse carcass.)

19 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Gip our resident entomologist  and part time football analyst. 

But it's true about running backs they take a beating in the brutal NFL (not for long) even with a decent OL and team. Is Barkley that rare top 5 RB pick? Better yet when will the BROWNS have two top 5 picks again? Don't say next year. :unsure:

Too bad the BROWNS might have to waste a pick on a QB. (Cue dead horse carcass.)

With two top 5 picks....I still do not think RB is an absolute priority to go for with them.  You are the one that posted about Kamara and Hunt etc.  And there are guys in this draft considered better than them...when it comes to anyone not named Barkley.  

I think we go in that direction.  But...you never know. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

With two top 5 picks....I still do not think RB is an absolute priority to go for with them.  You are the one that posted about Kamara and Hunt etc.  And there are guys in this draft considered better than them...when it comes to anyone not named Barkley.  

I think we go in that direction.  But...you never know. 

I posted about Kamara and Hunt? But someone will figure Barkley as a top 10 or 5 pick, probably. I'm wondering if the BROWNS shop their top #1 pick to get a blockbuster #2 or 3, 4, 5 and more type deal? Clean up on some real studs.

19 hours ago, Mark O said:

How can you say that Barkley is better than Zeke?   One has proven to be a great NFL talent, the other has never played an NFL game before.  Barkley might have the college stats and the size and speed and all that to potentially be a star in the NFL.  But so did Trent Richardson (easy example), there's no guarantees of anything in the draft.  There are a Sheet ton of RB's in this draft with the potential to be very good to great.  Potential being the key word because none of them have done anything in the NFL.

You can apply this same logic to every potential position picked at 1. Valid though that it my opinion Barkley will be better than Zeke. Hell as good as Zeke would be just fine. 

11 hours ago, JimboJones said:

Zeke Elliot was taken 4th overall while DB Jalen Ramsay and DE DeForsest Bucker were taken with the next two picks in that draft.

Who would you guys rather have, a stud RB or stud DB/DE?

I'd take the stud RB because we can secure good DB in FA

7 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I'd take the stud RB because we can secure good DB in FA

Counter to that is we can get a guy in rd 2 who measured identical to zeke in the drills.  Rashaad Penny. Similar running style. And I've got 2250 yds rushing last season at over 7 ypc and career 7 ko returns for TD to back up my point that he's the real deal.  

Him not being a finalist for the Doak walker award is a joke.  

19 hours ago, JimboJones said:

Zeke Elliot was taken 4th overall while DB Jalen Ramsay and DE DeForsest Bucker were taken with the next two picks in that draft.

Who would you guys rather have, a stud RB or stud DB/DE?

I'd want Ramsey out of those three. Easily

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

Counter to that is we can get a guy in rd 2 who measured identical to zeke in the drills.  Rashaad Penny. Similar running style. And I've got 2250 yds rushing last season at over 7 ypc and career 7 ko returns for TD to back up my point that he's the real deal.  

Him not being a finalist for the Doak walker award is a joke.  

Really did he happen to rush for 696 yard and 8 TD is 3 playoffs games including the National Championship

On 3/1/2018 at 4:34 AM, mjp28 said:

And at this time the jury is deadlocked 14 for Minkah, 13 for Chubb/Barkley.......looks like they will be here until April 26.:o

Sunday 3/4/18:

• DE Bradley Chubb  7 .... not much change for Chubb, still a decent  player. 
  • RB Saquon Barkley  15 ....... Barkley gaining more popularity? Still almost 2 months to go.
  • DB Minkah Fitzpatrick  17

Archived