THE BROWNS BOARD

GOBECKLI TEPE: Blast from the Past

Sober Poet

Ancient Stone Carvings Show a Comet Swarm Hitting Earth Around 10,950 BCE

(LOL, dude's name below is H-a-n-c-o-c-k, autocorrect changed it to HanSock)

OK, been wanting to introduce this topic for a while. So…..

According to the article, the world’s oldest and largest temple complex is Gobeckli Tepe, in present-day southern Turkey, built about 9000BC.  That is, some 6000 years BEFORE Stonehenge.  It was an astronomical observatory so they think.

To begin with, our best “scientific recreations” of that period say that no one was building anything of the sort; that humans lacked the capacity and organization to build using massive stones, let alone astronomy.  Humans were living in nomadic groups surrounding the enormous natural (not agricultural) grain fields in the region.

Wrong….Instead, SOMEONE not only built the enormous temple, but also had an advanced understanding of astronomy and…wait for it…history.

How do we know?  Researchers have deciphered some of the massive pillars raised in the temple complex.  One, the “Vulture Stone” depicts a series of animal figures that represent planetary bodies. Researchers have determined that the configuration of the animal figures on the pillar corresponds to the configuration of planets, etc., in the night sky two thousand years BEFORE Gobeckli Tepe was even built!

Once again, how the Hell did they figure out the planets, and how the Hell did they know to reference something from 2000 years before their time?  Moreover, WHY did they do it? It’s almost unthinkable….until you think that it had to be something so bad that they did remember.

Basically, scientists have determined that the Vulture Stone at Gobeckli Tepe is a form of time capsule, sort of a mix between a historical marker and a warning. Researcher Graham HanSock postulated that the Vulture Stone commemorates the impact of a comet swarm at the end of the last ice age.

HanSock suggested that a swarm of comet fragments struck Earth right in the one and two-mile thick ice sheets in North America and Europe at about 11000BC.  This liquefied the ice sheets, raising sea levels 30-100 feet in 24 hours worldwide, and is the source of all of humanity’s flood myths (Noah included).  It is estimated that the debris thrown into the atmosphere would have dimmed the sun’s rays for centuries if not millennia.  All of the megafauna in North America (giant sloths, horses, mammoths, etc) all died instantly as a massive fire covered most of the continent.

Getting the picture?  Beginning to understand why they still talked about it 2000 years later? HanSock thinks that advanced civilizations were lost under the seas (think Atlantis-type thoughts) because they lived along the old shores. Ironically, the damage done by the swarm meant that people had to first flee, then band together and develop farming and animal husbandry to survive. So, did the swarm simultaneously end civilization and restart it at the same time?

At this point, I should mention that ice core samples and other geological studies have since confirmed, after much initial denial, that researchers nailed the date of the comet within a hundred years or so.  Gobeckli Tepe does refer to an event that predates it by 2000 years.

In any case, I think it is remarkable that Gobeckli Tepe even exists.  Even more so when you realize that its creators BURIED it in pebbles completely.  The whole damn thing was preserved exactly as it was and they just walked away and left it. All of the carbon samples at the site were pristine for that reason and could be used to determine the age of the site.  Again, why did they bury it (a huge undertaking)?

Maybe HanSock can enlighten us.  He believes that Earth intersects the orbit of a certain fragmentary comet every 12000 years or so, and that these types of catastrophic phenomena are cyclical for that reason. So now, if you are paying attention you must be wondering, when are we due to intersect that comet’s tail again? If you believe HanSock, in about the year 2030.  Yeah, about 12 years from now.  Helluva coincidence that we found it in 2006.  Thoughts?

It is possible/probable that the Ice Age ended as a result of the comet strike. 

Though...I think the Atlantis myth is based more on Santorini than anything that far back. (circa 1500 BC)   There also may be other explanations for the  Noah flood legends. 

What you did not say is if this Vulture Stone from 10,000 BC had any kind of writing.   From what I understand,  writing did not develop until about 3500 BC.

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It is possible/probable that the Ice Age ended as a result of the comet strike. 

Though...I think the Atlantis myth is based more on Santorini than anything that far back. (circa 1500 BC)   There also may be other explanations for the  Noah flood legends. 

What you did not say is if this Vulture Stone from 10,000 BC had any kind of writing.   From what I understand,  writing did not develop until about 3500 BC.

Thanks for the response.

Regarding Atlantis, yes, I meant "Atlantis-type" civilizations.  Atlantis can be tough.  Atlantis was destroyed around 9650 BC, according to Plato via Solon via the Priests of Sais.  So they put it back in this period also, but I did not mean to refer to Atlantis myself.   

I have also heard regional explanations for Noah's flood. I no longer consider them valid.  All major flood myths had to flow from this, nothing else could have compared.  Some call it the worst day in the history of humanity and they still recalled it 2000 years later in basically the stone age.  If any doubts remain, Google, flood survivor myths.  Here is an example from Time fwiw.  There are stories all over of "advanced" people who escaped the flood and started again from scratch.  

No writing on the stone that they could tell.  Actually the symbols may be part of the genius of the "message" to the future. Some of the pillars have extinct animals on them that the Gobeckli folk could never have seen.  Wth? How can they see the past like that?

7 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

This is all obviously horses.hit. The universe is only 6000 years old to begin with.

Really and where did that come from? What scientific journal was that in?

And when were the dinosaurs roaming the entire earth and why didn't they just eat "Adam & Eve"? :lol:

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

All of history must have happened in a parallel universe.

Oh yeah that was on Star Trek or was it Twilight Zone.....or both, whoa now that's really strange.

Oh who built the pyramids or was it done AD or was it BC.....oh wait BC is a comic strip. :lol:

On 3/3/2018 at 7:33 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Well another meteor swarm was seen in 1889.

A painting of a scene at night with 11 swirly stars and a bright yellow crescent moon. In the background there are hills, in the middle ground there is a moonlit town with a church that has an elongated steeple, and in the foreground there is the dark green silhouette of a cypress tree and houses.

"Starry, Starry night.....

when you are on lsd......

On 3/3/2018 at 8:16 AM, mjp28 said:

Really and where did that come from? What scientific journal was that in?

And when were the dinosaurs roaming the entire earth and why didn't they just eat "Adam & Eve"? :lol:

Nobody seems to be able to answer that question. ......hmmmmm.

13 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Nobody seems to be able to answer that question. ......hmmmmm.

Vegetarian Dinosaurs?

"...A natural question follows the biblical claim that dinosaurs lived alongside humans in the original creation: “Why didn’t they eat Adam and Eve?” Like most questions, this one is based on a few assumptions.

The first assumption is that the fearsome teeth of dinosaurs like T. rex and Allosaurus must have originally been made for eating meat. If you were to look at the sharp teeth in a fruit bat’s skull, you might get the same impression—but you would be mistaken. The fruit bat’s teeth are used to rip and shred the flesh . . . of papayas! The teeth of the tyrannosaur and allosaur kinds would have originally been used for eating fruits with thick rinds or shredding other vegetation. A steak knife works on salad, too.

The second assumption is the uniformity of nature. Many people assume that things have always been as they are today. But starting from the Bible, we see God originally created man to eat a vegetarian diet (Genesis 1:29) and “to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food” (1:30). God then pronounced the operation of the world He had created “very good.”

After sin corrupted the world, animals began eating one another and probably humans (and those daggers in T. rex’s magnificent jaws became lethal weapons). But this was not how God intended His perfect original creation to function. The death and suffering we see in the world today will cease in the future when God restores the creation; the lion will eat grass like the ox, and the wolf and lamb ."

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Vegetarian Dinosaurs?

"...A natural question follows the biblical claim that dinosaurs lived alongside humans in the original creation: “Why didn’t they eat Adam and Eve?” Like most questions, this one is based on a few assumptions.

Oh brother talk about creative writing, or a whole bunch of it, and it mentioned "the flood" wow you could do books on that one. (totally impossible but hey why not)

Quite facinating nevertheless. And for only $29.99 dinosaurs but we'll call them dragons. ;)

10-2-448.png

Raptors were vegans I guess?  LOL!:lol: I would love to see them recreate one of these and place it in a cage with a lot of veggies and 6000 years ago true believers. I bet the survivors would change that tune in about 1 minute or less. 

He's only 110 million years old.:P    http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/blogs/austropalaeo/2015/09/new-dinosaur-is-australia’s-largest-carnivore/

Lightning_ridge_claw_new_dinosaur.jpg

YEAH, I CAN SEE THIS GUY AT A VEGAN BAR, " I'LL HAVE THE TO-FU PLATTER". :lol:

And they have 40' complete skeletons of the t-rex.

dinosaurs-tyrannosaurus_00399363_347a.jpg

Archived