THE BROWNS BOARD

President Trump would have ran into the school to save the children even without a weapon

DieHardBrownsFan

Hey listen, Im very on the fence about Trump. I make it a point to neither love or hate politicians including him or the last guy, but I think this is being misrepresented to some degree. 

I think most decent people would like to believe they themselves would do something, anything, if put in that position. I myself have visualized many times what I would do in that position.  Mainly I hope and expect if I were ever in it I would charge the shooter and attempt to bowl him over given that I'm overall larger than the majority of human beings that I've ever met, knock the gun out of his hands and subdue him on the ground. Who knows how that would go, maybe you'll end up getting shot in the head, maybe it would be successful but it's got to be better than standing there like a deer in the headlights and getting killed  or, worse yet, kids with their whole lives ahead of them getting mowed down and knowing you didn't try to stop it. So I think I would try. I generally have a cool head under pressure but even in the military I was a technician not infantry so I've never been in a firefight. Maybe you freeze up. I don't know. But I'd rather try. I'd rather go down fighting than hiding or running. 

Trump should learn to shut the Shmuck up once in a while but this is one thing I happen to agree with him on. I've felt for a long time thar more people should try and fight these cowardly scum if they can. 

What would you do, Tex. Do you think you would go in and try to catch the shooter off guard, and tackle him, take his

gun away, kill him if you had to?

Or would you just stand there at the doorway, and let him start shooting innocent kids dead right and left and do nothing?

I agree with Cysko - I couldn't do nothing and save myself and let those kids be murdered. I'd have to try to do something. Even if I threw a rock at him, and distracted him and ran, it would give the kids more time to get behind locked doors if he came after me and I hid behind a tree or ran around the corner of the school where he couldn't get me.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

What would you do, Tex. Do you think you would go in and try to catch the shooter off guard, and tackle him, take his

gun away, kill him if you had to?

Or would you just stand there at the doorway, and let him start shooting innocent kids dead right and left and do nothing?

I agree with Cysko - I couldn't do nothing and save myself and let those kids be murdered. I'd have to try to do something. Even if I threw a rock at him, and distracted him and ran, it would give the kids more time to get behind locked doors if he came after me and I hid behind a tree or ran around the corner of the school where he couldn't get me.

At my age with having lived what I call icing on the cake years after Vietnam (because I did not expect to live after a bunch of Sheet I went through my very first week in the field), I would have done exactly as you would do. Any kid in HS has a lot of life to live and I was given a lot of unexpected years and experiences which they might otherwise never see. I'd have gone in knowing the odds were against me, but I owe it back for the gift I was given. I'm sure that doesn't surprise you to hear, nor does it surprise me what your reaction would be either. I do not hold Trump in that same kind of esteem. Bone spurs. Yeah, right.

50 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

At my age with having lived what I call icing on the cake years after Vietnam (because I did not expect to live after a bunch of Sheet I went through my very first week in the field), I would have done exactly as you would do. Any kid in HS has a lot of life to live and I was given a lot of unexpected years and experiences which they might otherwise never see. I'd have gone in knowing the odds were against me, but I owe it back for the gift I was given. I'm sure that doesn't surprise you to hear, nor does it surprise me what your reaction would be either. I do not hold Trump in that same kind of esteem. Bone spurs. Yeah, right.

I don't doubt one bit, Tex.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Laughable. The teachers who laid down their lives trying to save the kids are the real heroes in this story, not Audie Trump.

Stuart.

You're laughable.

There was no mention in the story of Trump being a hero, nor was it implied you clown.

There's another idiot from Texas that sounds just like you. Did you vote for it?

shiela_0_BAW8_AA1o7h.jpg

It's super easy to say "I woulda done such and such" when you're not in the situation. 

1 hour ago, StinkHole said:

Stuart.

You're laughable.

There was no mention in the story of Trump being a hero, nor was it implied you clown.

There's another idiot from Texas that sounds just like you. Did you vote for it?

shiela_0_BAW8_AA1o7h.jpg

There is no way that quote is real.

5 hours ago, StinkHole said:

You're laughable.

I was referring to what Trump actually said. Somehow stories he talks about always end up being about him and that makes him laughable. He made his choice a long time ago and it certainly was NOT to go in harms way as he was saying he would have done yesterday in his speech. There is a clown here but it isn't me. It's Bozo the Bone Spur Cowboy in the WH.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I was referring to what Trump actually said. Somehow stories he talks about always end up being about him and that makes him laughable. He made his choice a long time ago and it certainly was NOT to go in harms way as he was saying he would have done yesterday in his speech. There is a clown here but it isn't me. It's Bozo the Bone Spur Cowboy in the WH.

Actually you're not really referring what Trump actually said. Your hatred, like so many on the left, keeps you from rational thought. (And yes yes yes Woody we realize others have done it too.) But in this case if anybody listens to the entire clip has Trump finishes it out saying he thinks just about anybody would have been compelled to run in and help. I think it's probably a natural reaction with at least most people.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually you're not really referring what Trump actually said. Your hatred, like so many on the left, keeps you from rational thought. (And yes yes yes Woody we realize others have done it too.) But in this case if anybody listens to the entire clip has Trump finishes it out saying he thinks just about anybody would have been compelled to run in and help. I think it's probably a natural reaction with at least most people.

WSS

You mean the narcissism, the pathological lying, the assault on the basic institutions of our democracy to hide the Russian money trail? What hatred!? I love this bullying coward from Manhattan. LOL!:lol::rolleyes:

I will say one thing though. If it was Cal, Trump and me standing outside when the shooting started, I'm taking Cal in with me and leaving that untrustworthy MFer on the sidewalk. Cal and I may be at opposite ends of opinions on Trump, but we're a hellofalot closer when it comes to a reliable backup worthy of the name.

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You mean the narcissism, the pathological lying, the assault on the basic institutions of our democracy to hide the Russian money trail? What hatred!? I love this bullying coward from Manhattan. LOL!:lol::rolleyes:

I will say one thing though. If it was Cal, Trump and me standing outside when the shooting started, I'm taking Cal in with me and leaving that untrustworthy MFer on the sidewalk. Cal and I may be at opposite ends of opinions on Trump, but we're a hellofalot closer when it comes to a reliable backup worthy of the name.

That's just stupid tex. 

WSS

I work in education.  Anyone actually had the training? I have. Couple different kinds actually: hide, fight, run, etc. 

Well-intentioned or not, what he is saying goes directly against training.  That's my issue.

Ask the custodian at Virginia Tech.  Wait, you can't.  He's dead.  He heard shots and ran upstairs right into the line of fire. Rest in peace.

As for fighting. Let's take a peek into the bathroom at Sandy Hook.  The killer has two groups cornered.  Each group has a teacher and students.  The one teacher pushes the students and they all break for the door.   The other huddles with students in the corner.  The ones who made the break lived.  The others did not.  Rest in peace. There are different ways of fighting back...

I hear you all though.  We all want to think that we could make a difference.  I distinctly remember after one training, one of the maintenance fellas asked, "so, what do we do when we run in to intervene?"  The trainer said: "I just told you not to do that."

Sober, correct, just laying down is usually the safest option. Sooner or later the psychopath will run out of ammunition.

And as to your last paragraph Yes, a lot of people would probably think that they could do something to help. If they do something there might be a very small chance if they don't there would beat zero chance. This whole load of garbage is just because someone makes fun of the president for saying that he would have wanted to run in and help. I would guess many of you guys would feel the same way. From you gungho super soldiers to the draft Dodgers to the medical deferment gang on the board.

WSS

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Sober, correct, just laying down is usually the safest option. Sooner or later the psychopath will run out of ammunition.

WSS

Now, Steve, I know you read better than that.

If you are safe, stay safe.  Barricade yourself in.  If you have the chance to head for a door, take the chance and live.  If you come around the corner and there he is, then freaking attack with anything you can.  Hide. Run. Fight.

But, whatever you do, by all means encourage a bunch of idiots to run in off the street and take on an AR-15 with a rock or piece of chalk, maybe a yard stick.  

Trump could jump up onto the Resolute Desk and drop a steaming dump and you'd say: "What? That smell is left over from Obama."

Also, you have a defective empathy mechanism.  Cal too.  Just an observation....

5 minutes ago, Sober Poet said:

Now, Steve, I know you read better than that.

If you are safe, stay safe.  Barricade yourself in.  If you have the chance to head for a door, take the chance and live.  If you come around the corner and there he is, then freaking attack with anything you can.  Hide. Run. Fight.

But, whatever you do, by all means encourage a bunch of idiots to run in off the street and take on an AR-15 with a rock or piece of chalk, maybe a yard stick.  

Trump could jump up onto the Resolute Desk and drop a steaming dump and you'd say: "What? That smell is left over from Obama."

Also, you have a defective empathy mechanism.  Cal too.  Just an observation....

Not quite sure what your last sentence has to do with but I'm guessing you don't either.

WSS

1 hour ago, Sober Poet said:

I work in education.  Anyone actually had the training? I have. Couple different kinds actually: hide, fight, run, etc. 

Well-intentioned or not, what he is saying goes directly against training.  That's my issue.

Ask the custodian at Virginia Tech.  Wait, you can't.  He's dead.  He heard shots and ran upstairs right into the line of fire. Rest in peace.

As for fighting. Let's take a peek into the bathroom at Sandy Hook.  The killer has two groups cornered.  Each group has a teacher and students.  The one teacher pushes the students and they all break for the door.   The other huddles with students in the corner.  The ones who made the break lived.  The others did not.  Rest in peace. There are different ways of fighting back...

I hear you all though.  We all want to think that we could make a difference.  I distinctly remember after one training, one of the maintenance fellas asked, "so, what do we do when we run in to intervene?"  The trainer said: "I just told you not to do that."

Coach hall at chardon high attacked TJ lane and ran him out of the building saving an unknown amount of lives, but from the time he attacked the shooter forward no one else was shot 

1 hour ago, Sober Poet said:

I've gotta tell you I don't give a fu¢k what your trainer says. I'm at Sandy Hook? I attempt to stop it even if I personally die because I'd rather be dead than know I, a grown man, cowered in a closet while six year olds are getting murdered. 

10 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Coach hall at chardon high attacked TJ lane and ran him out of the building saving an unknown amount of lives, but from the time he attacked the shooter forward no one else was shot 

Great for him and all involved.  Seriously.  Sometimes it is best to attack as I said.

8 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I've gotta tell you I don't give a fu¢k what your trainer says. I'm at Sandy Hook? I attempt to stop it even if I personally die because I'd rather be dead than know I, a grown man, cowered in a closet while six year olds are getting murdered. 

Fair enough.

Let's play that out.  He shoots you next.  Now all the six-year olds are left to their own devices with no adult leadership to try to save them. They all die too.

Exactly what did you accomplish then if its ultimately supposed to be about the kids? 

Perhaps you should have barricaded in your room with as many students as you could grab.  Perhaps you should have led them to safety out a side door or window when the chance presented itself.

Discretion is the better part of valor.  That is the reason for the training. To give you a chance to think it out beforehand so that you don't instinctively go Rambo when you should be considering all your alternatives.

That said...if you get the chance like the coach in the example above, hit with everything you got and may God Bless You. Sometimes that is truly the only option.

27 minutes ago, Sober Poet said:

Fair enough.

Let's play that out.  He shoots you next.  Now all the six-year olds are left to their own devices with no adult leadership to try to save them. They all die too.

Exactly what did you accomplish then if its ultimately supposed to be about the kids? 

Perhaps you should have barricaded in your room with as many students as you could grab.  Perhaps you should have led them to safety out a side door or window when the chance presented itself.

Discretion is the better part of valor.  That is the reason for the training. To give you a chance to think it out beforehand so that you don't instinctively go Rambo when you should be considering all your alternatives.

That said...if you get the chance like the coach in the example above, hit with everything you got and may God Bless You. Sometimes that is truly the only option.

I'm not a teacher. So they're no worse off then they were if I get shot trying to save them and if it bought them any time to escape it's a win. 

3 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I'm not a teacher. So they're no worse off then they were if I get shot trying to save them and if it bought them any time to escape it's a win. 

Again, fair enough.  The custodian at VATECH was not a teacher either and did exactly as you say.

So, following that model, what if you buy them no time and get mown down immediately like him?

Not a win, just another casualty. No effect, just one more dead person.

Then I can die without regret knowing that I did what I could to try and save kids. What you are saying reeks of cowardice to me. I've had a good life. I'm only 38 now not as old as some of the posters here but old enough to have experienced everything kids are getting robbed of if they get shot down by a maniac.

Archived