THE BROWNS BOARD

Hercules Mata'afa

SD_Tom

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Never saw a 245LB interior lineman in my lifetime succeed at the NFL level.  

You never saw Alan Page (HOF DT) at 245 lbs? He played all through the 1970s.

Mike

40 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Bottom line is....A football player is a football player and, if he's good enough & driven enough, he'll MAKE a place for himself.

Mike

Tim Tebow. 

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

You never saw Alan Page (HOF DT) at 245 lbs? He played all through the 1970s.

Mike

Clearly not.  Also worth considering the average lineman size in the 70's.

26 minutes ago, wargograw said:

No. DT. 

Quick wiki search shows they replaced Hynoski with Whit...  plus saw a few snaps in obvious pass rushing situations.    So when you get that kind of value... sure?  But his primary function with the Gmen appears to have been FB seeing as how he had double the offensive snaps.  

Given that DL is one of our strengths I don't think we spend a pick on him.

He had 1/4 of his season tackles in one game.  Take away the 8 solo tackles he had against Utah and he's averaging under 2 solo per game..  He's currently slotted below even Tyquan Lewis in DE ratings for the NFL.

He's no Bosa.. because Bosa holds point against the run as well as rush the passer. He's at best a pure pass rush/ST player.  I don't know how he plays in space -- is he agile enough to stay with backs and slot receivers? Doubtful or else he wouldn't have played college in the trenches..

12 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Quick wiki search shows they replaced Hynoski with Whit...  plus saw a few snaps in obvious pass rushing situations.    So when you get that kind of value... sure?  But his primary function with the Gmen appears to have been FB seeing as how he had double the offensive snaps.  

Wasn’t arguing that. 

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Wait, is this serious? A 245lb DTackle in 2018?

I think he would be more of a "Middle Guard"....which makes him more of a Middle Linebacker than a DT.

If he has plans to play in the NFL at that weight...that is what he would have to be. 

I think Joe Schobert was listed at like 230 when he was drafted...but is now up to like 245.   So that would be the way for this guy to go.

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Wait, is this serious? A 245lb DTackle in 2018?

He's listed at 255. Yes,  I'm wondering if any team would take him late based on how good he's looked. 

He's a beast on the field.  They could possibly switch positions with him.  

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

He's listed at 255. Yes,  I'm wondering if any team would take him late based on how good he's looked. 

He's a beast on the field.  They could possibly switch positions with him.  

If he can play LB, sure.

Archived