THE BROWNS BOARD

New Drugs / Medical Breakthroughs

JAFBF

46 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Can't tell if you're disagreeing with my opinion that antibiotics are too freely and often unnecessarily prescribed or not.

WSS

I agree. Probably not to the level you do though.

Wait.... I mean... If you think that then I think the opposite. Yep. That's it. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Psilocybin mushrooms are just straight up awesome. Back in the day I had some wild experiences on them. 

You should look up the research that John Hopkins University is doing about using psilocybin as a therapeutic treatment for PTSD and other forms of depression. It's really promising stuff.

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

JB I have no doubt that there are substances that can help certain conditions that can also get you fukked up. 

There are medical uses for oxy morphine cocaine spiritus fermenti weed probably acid mescaline and crack.

WSS

Yea, some of these have been used for a long time, some of the more exotic have been less researched for uses.

I'm not saying getting buzzed is medically good for you, I'm just pointing out that they're actually finding some legitimate uses for aspects of them.

For example, this was just approved by the FDA :

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/19/health/epidiolex-fda-cannabis-marajuana.html

There are a few other meds based off of Cannabinoids that have been approved by the FDA as well.

I've been seeing that Cannabis oil has quite a few beneficial uses (no FDA approval or need), and you don't get a buzz from it.

Have run across a few other new developments, as well, but have just been too busy to follow up on them.

3 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

Yea, some of these have been used for a long time, some of the more exotic have been less researched for uses.

I'm not saying getting buzzed is medically good for you, I'm just pointing out that they're actually finding some legitimate uses for aspects of them.

For example, this was just approved by the FDA :

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/19/health/epidiolex-fda-cannabis-marajuana.html

There are a few other meds based off of Cannabinoids that have been approved by the FDA as well.

I've been seeing that Cannabis oil has quite a few beneficial uses (no FDA approval or need), and you don't get a buzz from it.

Have run across a few other new developments, as well, but have just been too busy to follow up on them.

Certainly. Lots of recreational drugs, probably all, would have some kind of medical use. You might be misunderstanding me but I don't care. I get it, because people like to get high. As long as it doesn't have an adverse effect on my life I say Live and Let Live. 

WSS

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Certainly. Lots of recreational drugs, probably all, would have some kind of medical use. You might be misunderstanding me but I don't care. I get it, because people like to get high. As long as it doesn't have an adverse effect on my life I say Live and Let Live. 

WSS

I was neither condoning or condemning, have just been pointing out that there's more than one angle.

1 hour ago, JAFBF said:

I was neither condoning or condemning, have just been pointing out that there's more than one angle.

And I agree with you. It would just be my guess, let's zero in on medical marijuana, that most people that ask for a prescription just like to get high.

Not everybody of course.

WSS

On 4/23/2018 at 2:09 PM, Westside Steve said:

And I agree with you. It would just be my guess, let's zero in on medical marijuana, that most people that ask for a prescription just like to get high.

Not everybody of course.

WSS

There are some interesting uses/studies for the benefits of this, but I pretty much agree on this with a few caveats.

In a few States it is legal to buy Marijuana (typical age restrictions), so in these States there is not really a pressing need for a prescription, but people still have/get them.

Cases like this tend to validate the Medicinal properties even though there are "side" effects.

Just pointing out some of these items I post in this thread may not be new per se, but they haven't really been looked at or have been suppressed/neglected for other options.

First of all I think a qualified physician should be allowed to prescribe whatever the hell he thinks we'll treat an affliction. 

Remember however that oxy is a perfectly useful medicine. People do get reliant on it and unfortunately the problems are caused by the fact that they can't easily acquire it. Make me a valid argument for not legalizing and taxing oxy.

WSS

On 4/25/2018 at 12:07 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Won't smoke it, but can't wait to try the pot Jujubes 

Oh they've got those, and Cookies, Brownies, Gummy Bears and on and on for sale.

Have been issues with kids getting into them   .   .   .  

And just because it is State legal, still doesn't mean you get a Pass for Drug testing.

Military sure as hell will run you out you rails for failure.

On 4/25/2018 at 12:26 PM, Westside Steve said:

First of all I think a qualified physician should be allowed to prescribe whatever the hell he thinks we'll treat an affliction. 

Remember however that oxy is a perfectly useful medicine. People do get reliant on it and unfortunately the problems are caused by the fact that they can't easily acquire it. Make me a valid argument for not legalizing and taxing oxy.

WSS

Nanny State ?

When did all this regulation go into effect ?

There used to be Cocaine in Coke, and there was some kind of drug in Dr. Pepper (hence the 10 - 2 - 6 dosage times).

I haven't looked into too deeply, before our time for sure, but go look at some of the Ads in old pubs.

Maybe it came from all the Snake Oil salesmen - there was some bad crap in that stuff.

Oxycodone as an over the counter ?

Constitutionally maybe it could/should be, but it is a Federally controlled substance.

Might have a case comparing it to Alcohol and Prohibition as that required an Amendment.

Can't make a case for it being freely available myself, some things just need some oversight unfortunately.

Antibiotics for example - misuse of them has resulted in MRSA (wondering if anti-bacterial soap etc. has also contributed).

Having said that, I don't the FDA is doing what they should be.

Too much in some areas and not enough in others.

Maybe we'll some reform in this area over the next few years.

1 hour ago, JAFBF said:

Oh they've got those, and Cookies, Brownies, Gummy Bears and on and on for sale.

Have been issues with kids getting into them   .   .   .  

And just because it is State legal, still doesn't mean you get a Pass for Drug testing.

Military sure as hell will run you out you rails for failure.

I'm retired, no more piss tests for me, lol.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've sat on this one for several days for the time of year, and it's not really a new drug, but is more on the vaccine topic brought up some time back.

image.png.5cc0b6810293a68a94c086d85365c9f8.png

http://www.eutimes.net/2018/12/crime-against-humanity-triplets-all-become-autistic-within-hours-of-vaccination/

Being Triplets, this one was pretty hard for them to bury.

• 5 weeks later...