THE BROWNS BOARD

Perfect offseason

LBC mike

To solidify the team to win a few games in 2018.

Free agent picks

Carlos Hyde to replace crow,

Free agent wide out.  Anyone on FA list with decent hands.  Get Landry or Robinson .

Sign maccaron 

Best db available you can get.

Draft

Rosen

Fitzpatrick 

BPA. At offensive tackle

Wideout

Outside Lb

Cb

Wr

Offensive guard

Inside linebacker

RB

AFTER THIS ALL THE WAY BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.

I listed the way we should address needs. And not fanboy picks in later rounds.

I have my corcerns signing Hyde. Though I like him, he isn't getting any younger. I'd prefer drafting a RB with a 2Rd pick. 

Also, I think we need help in the Dline, at least a serviceable player to add depth.

Otherwise I pretty much like it.

4 hours ago, Nero said:

I have my corcerns signing Hyde. Though I like him, he isn't getting any younger. I'd prefer drafting a RB with a 2Rd pick. 

Also, I think we need help in the Dline, at least a serviceable player to add depth.

Otherwise I pretty much like it.

I'm with you, Nero. I want to draft our own running back, and this draft appears to be stocked with 2nd to 4th round talent...who can likely start. We might find our own Kamara or Hunt. Guice runs angry and appears to be the kind of guy the Dawg Pound would love. Many fans might want Saquon Barkley, but I don't see that happening because we have so many defensive needs, and John Dorsey has never drafted a RB in the first round. 

1 hour ago, 7moses7 said:

Start by removing the dead weight, Orchard,Louis,Coates,bottle Kessler,Hogan and ...........    ............  ..........   ..............

And bring back a healthy Leslie, play Dayes and hope Wilson has recovered enough to be the CB we need out there. Give Garrett Chubb @ #1 if Mccarron is added. Fitzgerald #4.

Free agents

QB Kirk Cousins

WR Allen Robinson

CB Trumaine Johnson

Draft 

1.a- DE Bradley Chubb

1.b- Trade back with Arizona get the 15th, a first next year and FS Tyrann Mathieu. At 15 take CB Josh Jackson

2.a- WR Christian Kirk

2.b- RB Rashaad Penny

2.c- S Armani Watts

3- WR Auden Tate

4- OLB Darius Leonard

Use the rest of the picks on players that slide and Olineman

QB- K. Cousins D. Kizer

RB- R. Penny D. Johnson M. Dayes

FB- D. Vitale

WR- J. Gordon C. Kirk A. Tate

WR- A. Robinson C. Coleman

TE- D. Njoku S. Devalve

LT- J. Thomas

LG- J. Botonio

C- J. Tretter

RG- K. Zeitler

RT- S. Coleman

DE- M. Garrett E. Ogbah

DT- D. Shelton L. Ogunjobi

DT- T. Coley C. Brantley

DE- B. Chubb C. Nassib

OLB- J. Collins J. Burgess

MLB- J. Schobert

OLB- C. Kirksey D. Leonard

CB- T. Johnson B. Boddy-Calhoun J. Taylor

CB- J. McCourty J. Jackson H. Wilson

FS- T. Mathieu K. Nacua

SS- A. Watts J. Peppers D. Kindred

11 hours ago, LBC mike said:

To solidify the team to win a few games in 2018.

Free agent picks

Carlos Hyde to replace crow,

Free agent wide out.  Anyone on FA list with decent hands.  Get Landry or Robinson .

Sign maccaron 

Best db available you can get.

Draft

Rosen

Fitzpatrick 

I can't disagree with any of your choices.  However, not that I disagree, but I would take either Josh Allen or Sam Darnold over Rosen.  Not that I think they could not play him, but Rosen's said a number of times, he just doesn't want to be here.  And with the #4, I can do Fitzpatrick, but I would rather Barclay.  I would take either though. 

29 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I love El Guapo but there's little history to indicate he can be available for us at even 12 games.  Make no mistake, when he is that one cut game he's got is devastating.

Would prefer Michel in the 2nd-ish.  Keep in mind I'm a Buckeye and still say that.  

LOL. Hyde's nickname is "el Guapo"? 

We own 12 draft picks for 2018.

We can't draft that many.  We already have the youngest team in the league.  How young do we wanna get?  Instead of trading back, we should be trading up.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

We can't draft that many.  We already have the youngest team in the league.  How young do we wanna get?  Instead of trading back, we should be trading up.

I can see that and how to you keep even near the 12 players, who gets cut? And yes they need quality and have the draft stock to do it. Trade up to maybe 9 or 10 better picks would be fine with me.

GO BROWNS,  April 26-28 is crucial for fans everywhere! 

16 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

I can't disagree with any of your choices.  However, not that I disagree, but I would take either Josh Allen or Sam Darnold over Rosen.  Not that I think they could not play him, but Rosen's said a number of times, he just doesn't want to be here.  And with the #4, I can do Fitzpatrick, but I would rather Barclay.  I would take either though. 

Sort of an oddity, but it will hurt no matter who we take at 4.  Knowing we left two of either chubb, fitz, or barkley for some other teams to take.  In a perfect world we would package all our picks and take all 3.

23 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And bring back a healthy Leslie, play Dayes and hope Wilson has recovered enough to be the CB we need out there. Give Garrett Chubb @ #1 if Mccarron is added. Fitzgerald #4.

Who is Fitzgerald? Haven't heard his name brought up

5 hours ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

Sort of an oddity, but it will hurt no matter who we take at 4.  Knowing we left two of either chubb, fitz, or barkley for some other teams to take.  In a perfect world we would package all our picks and take all 3.

Absolutely not!!!   Way too many picks for 3 players.  And what if one of them doesn't pan out?  Or god forsake 2 or even 3.  We have too many positions to fill, so I would keep our picks.

12 hours ago, Orion said:

I expect that to happen.  It would not surprise me at all is we again end up with 3 picks in round one.

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I expect that to happen.  It would not surprise me at all is we again end up with 3 picks in round one.

Completely agree. This is how I see the offseason going:

-Sign McCarron. I don't think browns brass is overly high on Cousins to pay him that kind of money

-Sign T.P, & Donte Moncrief

-Sign Isiah Johnson

-Sign Kyle Fuller

-Sign Hitchens from Dallas

Draft:

1A. Sam Darnold- They will fall in love with him and will believe they can fix his turnover issues

1B. This pick is getting traded to the jets for Leonard Williams and the 6th pick whom they then take Fitzpatrick. Jets will take Allen

1C. The Browns trade back into the first round and take Connor Williams. Give up 35 (Second 2nd Rounder)  and 65 (3rd rounder) to jump inside the top 20

2a. Isaiah Oliver from Colorado

2B. Rashaad Penny from SD St. 

3. trade 97 (top of the 4th) and Kizer to AZ for 79, take Jaire Alexander from Louisville

4. Jerome Baker

5. Mike White

Rest of the draft is BPA, but they will trade out of the fifth and seventh rounds for draft picks next year

The defensive backfield is a whole lot better. The defensive line is incredible, almost downright scary. You get your stud RB in Penny whom I am very high on and you have your QB of the future plus a qb who can help win now. Of course if they sign Cousins, this gets completely blown apart and I think the #1 pick is sold for a ransom of draft picks and players. 

59 minutes ago, Bigalow80 said:

3. trade 97 (top of the 4th) and Kizer to AZ for 79, take Jaire Alexander from Louisville

...you obviously consider Kizer to be of basically no value.

I think if, as you say, we sign McCarron, then we don't draft a QB, so Kizer would be our backup.  - This would be about the best scenario that Kizer could hope for...because if they sign someone like McCown, then you know they're drafting a QB #1 overall.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:05 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

He used to be Fitzpatrick-obviously I game him a new nickname.:lol:

I knew what you meant, but was too easy not to

Archived