THE BROWNS BOARD

I check in here every couple days to see whats new....

Kvoethe

And all I see are the same freaking thread titles.

is there a fee for how many threads you can have active or something?  I still dont understand why threads get combined?  Who wants to wade through 10 pages of off topic arguing to find a new nugget of information?

seriously,  just try it... it will keep the board fresher.  If you dont like it, change it back.  Some great takes by knowledgeable guys here and they get buried in 20page threads that take too long to wade through.

if I hear something or read something new and want to come post it,  I really dont want to spend 10 minutes wading through a thread to see if someone beat me to it.  

Anyone else care to comment or are you guys so used to it you dont realize it can be another way?

Mods, what is the rational?

From the end of the super bowl to the beginning of MLB is the sports dead zone of the year.

0-16 team doesn't help much.

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

is there a fee for how many threads you can have active or something?  I still dont understand why threads get combined?  Who wants to wade through 10 pages of off topic arguing to find a new nugget of information?

seriously,  just try it... it will keep the board fresher.  If you dont like it, change it back.  Some great takes by knowledgeable guys here and they get buried in 20page threads that take too long to wade through.

if I hear something or read something new and want to come post it,  I really dont want to spend 10 minutes wading through a thread to see if someone beat me to it.  

Anyone else care to comment or are you guys so used to it you dont realize it can be another way?

I am disinclined to tell the mods how to do their business...but threads should be merged if they essentially are about the same subject as other threads.   When I start a thread I try to be cognizant of whether or not there is a same or similar thread involved so as not to duplicate things too much.   If however, I have been iterative of another thread, I take no umbrage if it is merged.

I mean....how many different threads do we really need on the subject of "which QB should we draft"?   To have a thread survive the repetitiveness scrutiny it should at least be somewhat of a creative variant on everything else that has come before.

Fair to say?

I dont know, maybe we should have MORE threads. Just think about it, tomorrow someone can start the "Wednesday Feb 21st Saquon Barkley thread", which then gets locked and deleted at midnight, for the infamous "Thursday Feb 22nd Saquon Barkley thread. 

I mean the ENDLESS possibilities 

35 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I dont know, maybe we should have MORE threads. Just think about it, tomorrow someone can start the "Wednesday Feb 21st Saquon Barkley thread", which then gets locked and deleted at midnight, for the infamous "Thursday Feb 22nd Saquon Barkley thread. 

...Currently, on the entire first page of threads there is one Barkley thread that is long, but one thread. There's just today been great posts about available players and how our players graded out. Stop being a little baby, if you don't like go to any other forum-there's plenty. 

It's just the boring lull in between the end of the season and the draft.  People will be singing the praises of who the Browns should draft/sign in FA until April.

Once draft day rolls around, we can then move on to such exciting topics as "this FO blows", "we could have had..." or "this FO is great, check out our high draft grade"

Stay tuned, this will be an exciting draft with the new GM and new offensive coordinator giving their inputs

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

...Currently, on the entire first page of threads there is one Barkley thread that is long, but one thread. There's just today been great posts about available players and how our players graded out. Stop being a little baby, if you don't like go to any other forum-there's plenty. 

You obviously missed it. That's ok, I will spell it out for you. I was making a JOKE because the guy said same threads, so I figured since Barkley has been talked about A LOT, that he would rather see a Wednesday thread, a Thursday thread. That way HE could see that it was different.

But it's funny you didn't get it. You need the definition of sarcasm?????????

4 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

I agree with you, but these mods in here are too proud to acknowledge any potential faults.

That being said, this setup here is way better than the other mod nazi boards. At least here you can say whatever the phuck you want. That’s why I like it here

18 minutes ago, LionOfBuddha said:

I agree with you, but these mods in here are too proud to acknowledge any potential faults.

That being said, this setup here is way better than the other mod nazi boards. At least here you can say whatever the phuck you want. That’s why I like it here

and what Nazi boards do you speak of

2 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

You mean the faults like we do this in our spare time actually have jobs and lives away from this nonsense??  You mean those faults asswipe?   You can take your 78 fucking posts and go somewhere else ok chachi?

38 minutes ago, Mark O said:

You mean the faults like we do this in our spare time actually have jobs and lives away from this nonsense??  You mean those faults asswipe?   You can take your 78 Shmucking posts and go somewhere else ok chachi?

Maybe he can go to the Nazi board he speaks of and find Joanie

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

You mean the faults like we do this in our spare time actually have jobs and lives away from this nonsense??  You mean those faults asswipe?   You can take your 78 Shmucking posts and go somewhere else ok chachi?

I’ll be here til the mods ban me. If that happens, then I’ll be a more productive human being. Until then I’ll be a degenerate football-addicted fan like everyone on here.

Faults like Zombi and the Gip being arrogant pricks at times. I appreciate their contributions to this board, but apparently that gives them license to be assholes.

The original poster brought up an extremely valid point, and Zombi treated him like a piece of garbage.

15 minutes ago, LionOfBuddha said:

I’ll be here til the mods ban me. If that happens, then I’ll be a more productive human being. Until then I’ll be a degenerate football-addicted fan like everyone on here.

Faults like Zombi and the Gip being arrogant pricks at times. I appreciate their contributions to this board, but apparently that gives them license to be assholes.

The original poster brought up an extremely valid point, and Zombi treated him like a piece of garbage.

Gip’s not a mod, though your other designation for him is accurate. 

3 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

Yeah, I hate it when people posting here, in a football forum, feel entitled to act like arrogant pricks, because you know: "it's the internet."

You pooper.

8 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:
8 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

I wouldn't bother the mods here ...

11 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

You know, I just might do something like that. The new Saquon blabbering thread has reached 13 pages and counting. Not deleted, just locked.

Maybe I could get Z to create a separate Saquon Barkley Forum, so PO can talk to himself about how incredible Saquon is. :lol: 

10 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

I am not an arrogant prick.....I just do not tolerate stupidity and ignorance all that much.   If I treat you a certain way....rest assured it is for one of 2 reasons:   A because you are being stupid and ignorant.  or  B.  Because we are engaging in a bit of the old gamesmanship repartee that has been going on on here since the last century.

Your job is to discern which it is....if you are capable.

10 hours ago, wargograw said:

Gip’s not a mod, though your other designation for him is accurate. 

See.....here is an example.  My reply to him may be arrogant and pricky (a fate that would be well deserved).....or I can engage him in repartee.  

Now...with War....it is often a bit of both.

11 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

You are severely lacking in a sense of humor.

Zombi

8 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I remember that old TV show "Joanie Loves Nazi". 

Hmm, I dont remember that one, but I do remember Joanie loves Chachi, which is what he called him at the end.

Read before making a smart comment

On 2/20/2018 at 12:33 PM, Kvoethe said:

Don't check in so fukcing much.

Have a sandwich, shave your wife's mustache, do some fukcing thing. Seriously, you seem like a smart guy, for Pete's sake man, occupy yourself. Try checking in every couple months. Then,, oh man, you will be able to complain about all the schidt you missed.

I think this thread should be combined with my Sumo Wrestlers as Offensive Linemen. Did you see that one? Lotsa serious football talk in that baby. Go check it out. When will you be back here? Friday?

Seriously,

even if you can't think of something of football value, just make some stupid schit up. I do it all the time and look at all the hits I get.

Seriously, between the government shutdowns, airline delays, Stan breaking his leg, and all this talk about gun control, I really thought I had reached my limit of taking bad news. But then, along comes Boris Karloff Kvoethe checking into the lab to see if Igor made any new monsters, only to find a lot of the same old schit...........and wow............ it brought tears to my eyes.

Please, guys, do something nice. Kvoethe is going to be checking back in, in a few days. Let's post some new horse schit for him to read through. I know you can do it. 

Kvoethestein......Look  Look....... IT's ALIIIIIIIVE

Archived